interested in ArcheAge but dont want to pay 150 bucks?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

Here are instructions on how to access the Russian client for ArcheAge. yes everything will be in russian.... no it is not that hard to understand how to play the game if you are atleast somewhat familiar with MMOs. i have been playing for several days and am lvl 18... clearly it isnt that bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEu7Ab54_hs

this isnt meant for people to play forever on, this is just meant for people that want to see the game and how it works, without getting screwed by Trion and their 150 dollar price gouging for alpha access. may help people get informed on the game and whether or not they will like it, and then they can decide if they want to drop the 150... or wait for beta to start and do the 100 or 50 dollar deals.

if you want to take it a step further and install the community made "english language" patches that make the game display everything in english so you can understand, here is another video explaining how to do it:

http://youtu.be/K4AAJksrVzU

anyhow, enjoy.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Interesting, thanks for this. I'm a little taken back at the price they want for us to test the game. Not taken back but fvcking shocked more like it, I really hope this doesn't become a trend.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

Never heard of the game, but I'd say the developer can go **** themselves if they want people to shell out $150 for alpha access.

I really hate this new "Early Access" trend.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

@Cwagmire21 said:

Never heard of the game, but I'd say the developer can go **** themselves if they want people to shell out $150 for alpha access.

I really hate this new "Early Access" trend.

Yes its pretty annoying. Im going to go around and start an alpha for world peace and see how much dough i can collect from these little kids

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

$150 for alpha access, that's ridiculous.

I don't mind paying early access for a game I'll buy on release anyway, to help it along with development. I've paid for Divinity OS and Wasteland 2 but both of these are the price of the full game (£30 and £34).

Star Citizen is the only exception to this and the only game I've ever dropped money on before I even saw a hint of game play.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

The $150 is for EARLY access. Not just alpha access. I don't understand the vilification of this type of model. You aren't being cheated. You not only get to play the game early but you are BUYING the game early. You are PREORDERING it, essentially, and given access to the game early. They are merely putting a value on alpha and beta access and various items.

You don't have to like it. But you also don't have the right to blatantly misrepresent it. Each of you needs to pull your head out of your ass.

This model is here to stay and I for one welcome it. It allows me to support the games that interest me. If I end up not liking the game that's my own damn fault for being impatient enough to buy it.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Geminon

@airshocker said:

The $150 is for EARLY access. Not just alpha access. I don't understand the vilification of this type of model. You aren't being cheated. You not only get to play the game early but you are BUYING the game early. You are PREORDERING it, essentially, and given access to the game early. They are merely putting a value on alpha and beta access and various items.

You don't have to like it. But you also don't have the right to blatantly misrepresent it. Each of you needs to pull your head out of your ass.

This model is here to stay and I for one welcome it. It allows me to support the games that interest me. If I end up not liking the game that's my own damn fault for being impatient enough to buy it.

the game is F2P... you dont have to buy a thing to play it.

charging 150 dollars for alpha access is price gouging in the extreme. the fact that anyone could support it just shows how depraved todays gamers are.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#9 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@Geminon said:

@airshocker said:

the game is F2P... you dont have to buy a thing to play it.

charging 150 dollars for alpha access is price gouging in the extreme. the fact that anyone could support it just shows how depraved todays gamers are.

Me and Geminon are agreeing again......look out.

And I am so tired of this "preorder" excuse for free to play games. How the hell can you call it a preorder when it is free? No one is forcing you to pay up...but yes they are if you want to play it bad enough. You are being gouged, absolutely.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@reaper4278 said:

@airshocker said:

Wtf are you talking about? It is EARLY access because the game is still in fking ALPHA. You are paying to ALPHA test, which yes will give you early access to the game because it is not ready for even beta yet. Why you are even trying to play this semantics game is baffling. And how can you call this a preorder when the final release of this game is FREE?!!??!?!?! Holy shit!

It would appear you are the only one with your head in your ass in this thread sir. But yea it appears there is not a criticism out there you are not willing to personally insult people over.

No, you are paying for the ENTIRE game. You simply get alpha and beta access for purchasing it. Which is why it's EARLY access. What was confusing about my previous statement?

The fact that some of you are purposefully misrepresenting this is the reason I'm here. If you're going to do that, yes I will call you out on it.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Can someone, maybe in dot form? explain why this game is getting so much hype?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

I didn't realize this game was free to play. In that case I'm not sure that the founder's program is priced legitimately.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Geminon

@FelipeInside said:

first big sandbox game with REAL sandbox gameplay to come along in quite some time. open world housing and farm system. the ability to build boats, sail the seas and actually pirate from other players. pirating enough will get you banished the the pirate island, which is a whole area of the world reserved for known pirate players (its sort of like a PK island). this carries a lot of benefits and drawbacks, like at that point there are basically no rules at all for your character, but you have to rely on pirating from other players at sea to get resources, because the pirate island is not large enough to sustain farms.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

its an themepark/sandbox MMO with ship battles, castle sieges and farming..whats not to be hyped about?

as far as paying the $150 for alpha and $50 for beta i dont really care that much anymore. Back when mechwarrior online had a similar setup i saw alot more people jumping in showing support than i saw people trashing the idea that they have to pay anything to get access to a game that will be free2play. Now when a developer does this people are very quick to call it a cashgrab. i think early access on steam has had a negative effect on this type of program

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@lawlessx said:

@FelipeInside said:

its an themepark/sandbox MMO with ship battles, castle sieges and farming..whats not to be hyped about?

as far as paying the $150 for alpha and $50 for beta i dont really care that much anymore. Back when mechwarrior online had a similar setup i saw alot more people jumping in showing support than i saw people trashing the idea that they have to pay anything to get access to a game that will be free2play. Now when a developer does this people are very quick to call it a cashgrab. i think early access on steam has had a negative effect on this type of program

I watched this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IKBNVxEoyc

It look pretty average considering it's using the CryEngine 3 trailer.... and also has those Asian Models to go off which I hate.

Hope it does well since lots of people always ask for a Sandbox MMO.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
@FelipeInside said:

@lawlessx said:

@FelipeInside said:

I watched this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IKBNVxEoyc

It look pretty average considering it's using the CryEngine 3 trailer.... and also has those Asian Models to go off which I hate.

Hope it does well since lots of people always ask for a Sandbox MMO.

visuals may seem abit outdated now since it's been out for awhile (was in the Korean beta 3 years) i play MMOs for mostly gameplay and leave visuals on the back burner.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 vfibsux

@FelipeInside said:

It actually is doing a lot of old school from what I hear. Hell, the criminal system alone is worth a look.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 vfibsux

@airshocker said:

I didn't realize this game was free to play. In that case I'm not sure that the founder's program is priced legitimately.

Good manning up and admitting you were wrong. Even though I would argue paying $150 even for a pre-order when the game will release around $50 is still insane. I like how Lichdom did it, pre-order and help alpha test and we will give you 50% off the release price. That is how it should be.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@vfibsux said:

@airshocker said:

Good manning up and admitting you were wrong. Even though I would argue paying $150 even for a pre-order when the game will release around $50 is still insane. I like how Lichdom did it, pre-order and help alpha test and we will give you 50% off the release price. That is how it should be.

If the game was releasing at $60 I think the founder's program as it's offered wouldn't be so distasteful. Just all depends on what the alpha and beta access is worth to you.