Intel's first image Discreet GPU Dev Card "Intel's Xe DG1" reveal!

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

39962

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 39962 Posts

Taken from Tom's Hardware: Discrete GPU looks okayish but nothing to brag about since this card is having issues running Warframe and Warframe is a 7 year old game. Intel has some serious problems if they're unable to maintain a smooth framerate at only 1080p in such an old game. Needless to say, this is for the lower-class GPU market and hey, I welcome new competitor to the PC market.

Avatar image for BassMan
BassMan

11214

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 128

User Lists: 0

#2 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 11214 Posts

This thing seems about as useless as the integrated GPUs on their CPUs. WTF are they thinking?

Avatar image for Random_Matt
Random_Matt

4606

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#3 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 4606 Posts

@BassMan said:

This thing seems about as useless as the integrated GPUs on their CPUs. WTF are they thinking?

You ask the same when they hired that AMD guy who created Vega.

Avatar image for Random_Matt
Random_Matt

4606

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#4 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 4606 Posts

*Could

Avatar image for Random_Matt
Random_Matt

4606

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#5 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 4606 Posts

Also nice to see Raijintek get some love, I have the M-ATX version case.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

45369

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45369 Posts

Not really sure what there is to be excited about. Intel is better than this.

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

39962

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 39962 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

Not really sure what there is to be excited about. Intel is better than this.

I'm just going to assume Intel doesn't have enough money to invest a mid-range GPU to be on par with AMD and the fact Intel isn't trying here, AMD gets this justify victory cause Intel needs to go mid or high on the GPU market.

Avatar image for Random_Matt
Random_Matt

4606

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 4606 Posts

@davillain- said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Not really sure what there is to be excited about. Intel is better than this.

I'm just going to assume Intel doesn't have enough money to invest a mid-range GPU to be on par with AMD and the fact Intel isn't trying here, AMD gets this justify victory cause Intel needs to go mid or high on the GPU market.

Money? Nope, hiring this guy: Raja Koduri, yes, Intel are brain dead currently.

Avatar image for horgen
Horgen

122012

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#9 Horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 122012 Posts

Good thing they got the RGB on it though.