Installing a sound card questions.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for MercenaryKnight
MercenaryKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MercenaryKnight
Member since 2003 • 396 Posts

On my new computer I bought the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer sound card. When I watched videos of how to put together a computer, I never saw one that showed how you install the sound card. I have the 680I mobo that will be used with it and was wondering if I am going to have any trouble with installing it.

Also, if there is any sound port on the front of my case I am assuming I am going to need to plug it into somewhere on my soundcard instead of the mobo?

jaymillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 jaymillsy
Member since 2005 • 94 Posts

On my new computer I bought the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer sound card. When I watched videos of how to put together a computer, I never saw one that showed how you install the sound card. I have the 680I mobo that will be used with it and was wondering if I am going to have any trouble with installing it.

Also, if there is any sound port on the front of my case I am assuming I am going to need to plug it into somewhere on my soundcard instead of the mobo?

MercenaryKnight
I just installed a Creative XFi Fatality and wasnt too hard just make sure you have some longer screws for the drive bay to mount it. Does the XtremeGamer come with a separate drive bay for headphones?