Inquisitor = Ultra Hardcore, Dark, Atmospheric RPG = Awesome Game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Baurus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Baurus_1
Member since 2007 • 804 Posts

If you haven't heard of Inquisitor, you should check it out. It is a very hardcore, serious, dark, and atmospheric RPG with tons of dialogue and a very deep story. It is very unlike most games made these days. Inquisitor was made in the Czech Republic and it took almost 10 years to make the game. I just started playing Inquisitor recently and now I'm hooked! I don't always like old-school isometric RPGs because sometimes I find them boring and tedious, but sometimes they are great! And there is something about Inquisitor that makes me want to keep playing it. It might be the atmosphere, music, and great dialogue. I think Inquisitor is more addicting for me than Baldurs Gate 2 was. I soon got tired of Baldurs Gate 2. However I would say Inquisitor is just as addicting for me as Planescape Torment was. Planescape Torment was awesome and so is Inquisitor!

By the way, Inquisitor is on sale for $7.49 on GOG.com right now. Here's the link: LINK

Here is a link to the Inquisitor website: http://inquisitor-rpg.com/

Also, check out this video of gameplay. You can see the awesome level of atmosphere Inquisitor has. I haven't gotten this far in the game yet, but I can't wait! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shEZk5Q5W_I#at=32

Neurotic_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Neurotic_X
Member since 2011 • 33 Posts
Yeah it's a good game.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
How have I not heard of this game? It looks pretty ****ing awesome.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#4 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

It is pretty awesome, some of the writing reminds me of the Spiderweb rpgs.

Neurotic_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Neurotic_X
Member since 2011 • 33 Posts
How have I not heard of this game? It looks pretty ****ing awesome. KHAndAnime
Can't blame ya. It's only on GOG.com as far as I know. Would be nice to have it on steam but they don't have it. Great little game.
ShadowJax04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 ShadowJax04
Member since 2006 • 3351 Posts
I don't mind old school top-down RPG's and the premise of this game does sound interesting. I can say I have heard the game mentioned before but I never cared to try it. Maybe I will change my mind.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#7 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I'll probably end up getting it eventually. Not sure why I've been putting it off for so long.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
It's a wonderful game. One of my favorite old-school RPGs. Great atmosphere.
enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5559 Posts

Dev's should thank TC... never heard of this game, saw topic, googled, interested, noticed it was conveniently onsale... will buy tonight.  thanks

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Looks pretty cool.  Too bad it has mindless/boring Diablow style combat/gameplay

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kozzy1234

Looks pretty cool.  Too bad it has mindless/boring Diablow style combat/gameplay

bussinrounds

To be honest it feel nothing like diablo lol. Its more like Divine Divinity or the spiderweb rpgs.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Well, it is a single character/real time (no pause) action rpg with point & click gameplay, right ?

Baurus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Baurus_1

Well, it is a single character/real time (no pause) action rpg with point & click gameplay, right ?

bussinrounds

Yes, it is real time, but it is MUCH deeper and more involved with MUCH more dialogue than games like Diablo, Torchlight, Titan Quest, etc. Inquisitor is more similar to games like Planescape Torment or Baldurs Gate. However, in my opinion, it's a better game, deeper, and more atmospheric than Baldurs Gate.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#15 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

in my opinion, it's a better game, deeper, and more atmospheric than Baldurs Gate.

Baurus_1

Bold statement. I remain skeptical.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Elann2008

[QUOTE="bussinrounds"]

kozzy1234

To be honest it feel nothing like diablo lol. Its more like Divine Divinity or the spiderweb rpgs.

Divine Divinity bingo. And that's probably why I really liked the Inquisitor.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
WHERE is WILDFLOWER !!!!
Baurus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Baurus_1

[QUOTE="Baurus_1"]

in my opinion, it's a better game, deeper, and more atmospheric than Baldurs Gate.

-Unreal-

Bold statement? Maybe so. However, it's a matter of opinion as to which game is better. Baldurs Gate has less dialogue but more micromanagement than Inquisitor. Micromanagement is not always a bad thing in an RPG, is just depends on the game. Also, Baldurs Gate's atmosphere, music, and artwork/graphics are not nearly as good as Inquisitor. I do admit though that Inquisitor's movement animations are quite dated, but that's a small flaw in an otherwise amazing game.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

[QUOTE="Baurus_1"]

Baurus_1

Also, Baldurs Gate's atmosphere, music, and artwork/graphics are not nearly as good as Inquisitor.

Inquisitor Release Date:   2012

Baldurs Gate Release Date:  1998

Baurus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Baurus_1

[QUOTE="Baurus_1"]

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]Bold statement. I remain skeptical.

FelipeInside

Also, Baldurs Gate's atmosphere, music, and artwork/graphics are not nearly as good as Inquisitor.

Yes, but development for Inquisitor began in approximately 1999 I believe. Therefore, they were probably using technology no more advanced than the technology used to develop Baldurs Gate. However, maybe they were able to update the graphics a bit over the years before Inquisitor was released. I dunno. Either way, it still looks a lot better than Baldurs Gate.

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

Doesn't look or sound very interesting, then again these games aren't my cup of tea.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="Baurus_1"]

Baurus_1

Yes, but development for Inquisitor began in approximately 1999 I believe. Therefore, they were probably using technology no more advanced than the technology used to develop Baldurs Gate. However, maybe they were able to update the graphics a bit over the years before Inquisitor was released. I dunno. Either way, it still looks a lot better than Baldurs Gate.

They took 14 years to make that?
Baurus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Baurus_1

[QUOTE="Baurus_1"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

FelipeInside

I think the Czech version came out in 2009 and it took 3 years to translate it properly to English. The English version came out in 2012.

By the way, are you being sarcastic in your comment? Because the game had a lot of thought put into it and is very long. I have heard it takes at least 150 hours to finish, maybe more. Inquisitor is a masterpiece! It is not an ordinary run-of-the-mill RPG.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Baurus_1"]

Baurus_1

I think the Czech version came out in 2009 and it took 3 years to translate it properly to English. The English version came out in 2012.

By the way, are you being sarcastic in your comment? Because the game had a lot of thought put into it and is very long. I have heard it takes at least 150 hours to finish, maybe more. Inquisitor is a masterpiece! It is not an ordinary run-of-the-mill RPG.

Nah, I'm not being sarcastic. Just curious cause I never heard of the game.
DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DarkblueNinja
Member since 2009 • 1016 Posts

Damn you guys...make me buy it and downloading it right now lol. Anyway hows the story in this game? Is it good or is it just all about Gameplay?Btw Baldurs Gate Enh. Edition is on sale on Steam.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FelipeInside

Damn you guys...make me buy it and downloading it right now lol. Anyway hows the story in this game? Is it good or is it just all about Gameplay?Btw Baldurs Gate Enh. Edition is on sale on Steam.

DarkblueNinja
I thought they had to take down Baldurs Gate Enhanced cause of rights???
DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DarkblueNinja
Member since 2009 • 1016 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkblueNinja"]

FelipeInside
I thought they had to take down Baldurs Gate Enhanced cause of rights???

AS far as I know they only take down Baldurs Gate on their own website. You can still buy it on other place like Steam.
Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
I believe they are on Steam Greenlight. I'm not sure if they were accepted yet but, be sure to vote them up if you haven't already.
Baurus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Baurus_1

I believe they are on Steam Greenlight. I'm not sure if they were accepted yet but, be sure to vote them up if you haven't already.Pvt_r3d

Yes, Inquisitor has been Greenlit by the Steam community! This is awesome news! This means there are probably patches and updates to come. And if you look under the comments on the Steam Greenlight webpage for Inquisitor, apparently those purchased on GOG or elsewhere will be able to work on Steam too (if and when Inquisitor is released on Steam).

Link to Inquisitor webpage on Steam Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92965329

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Looks pretty damn sweet. I think I'll bite.

Cenerune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Cenerune
Member since 2008 • 588 Posts

Bought it yesterday, I've been eyeballing it for a while now and this thread made me buy it. Not 100% sure what to expect out of it yet as I haven't had time to play it.

Baurus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Baurus_1

Bought it yesterday, I've been eyeballing it for a while now and this thread made me buy it. Not 100% sure what to expect out of it yet as I haven't had time to play it.

Cenerune

You won't be disappointed. The game is amazing!

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

Will probably get this. looks amazing

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

Just wanted to let you guys know that this game has been greenlit, so it is coming to Steam soon.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FelipeInside
Wish I had time for these kind of games, but hopefully it's good for those that buy it.
hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

That video was 10 minutes of walking around in a cave.  I don't understand how that can interest anyone.  Plus the description of the story makes it sound like the developers didn't even spend 5 minutes thinking about it.  The graphics look good though.  If its ever free maybe i'll give it a try.  

Humorguy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#37 Humorguy_basic
Member since 2002 • 2342 Posts
Indie roleplaying is taking over - thank god! In the last couple months or so, we've had The Inquisitor, a hardcore old school RPG, Explorations: Conquistador, and old chool turn based RPG and lastly, and excellent Sci-Fi "AA" Indie title that is yet another hardcore RPG called Mars: War Logs! Check them out on You Tube an be surprised you haven't heard of them! They are all diamonds in the rough
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
It looks interesting, but I've heard the combat is sh*t, and combat is a big part of the game. Any truth to this?
Cenerune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Cenerune
Member since 2008 • 588 Posts

It looks interesting, but I've heard the combat is sh*t, and combat is a big part of the game. Any truth to this?PernicioEnigma

I'm on the fence, at first I really didn't like the combat but it seems to get better as you progress, still it's really rough and i'd say playing on easy is more fun. Winning the tough fights on medium can be really rewarding however but it's really clunky. The one thing I absolutely hate about the combat is that it's heavy on the potion chugging, kinda like the first Diablo to a point where it's just downright ridiculous and really hurting the game. Some of the mechanics are strange too, like the durability of items, i've had 3 swords break in the span of 2 minutes of combat, not sure how that works. I kinda like the fact your weapon can break in combat but it seems like this whole thing wasn't really all fleshed out.

I'd say overall the combat is on the shitty side, the potion chugging is really terrible and bringing the whole thing down. On a side note tho, I find the setting really amazing and the story fairly intriguing. It's worth playing if you can stomach the combat.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kozzy1234

It looks interesting, but I've heard the combat is sh*t, and combat is a big part of the game. Any truth to this?PernicioEnigma

Depends if you like old school style combat or not compared to 100% action combat like in alot of so called rpgs these days.

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
Oh snap, so this is an old school top down RPG thats actually NEW and released recently? I saw GoG and was like wtf...why is he talking about some old game from long ago. Haha. Nice. Gonna put it on my list. Will probably buy it for my laptop. Hopefully it get greenlit on Steam. :D
commander1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 commander1122
Member since 2005 • 1165 Posts

after playing it 5 min i uninstalled

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

commander1122
lol what? Why? Was it bad or something?
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Elann2008

commander1122

It starts out slow, but the combat gets better. You just have to stick to it longer than that. :P

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FelipeInside

commander1122
Cause 5 minutes obviously is enough to judge any game...