In Skyrim, how to know, which is main mission....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Ganeshvol
#1 Posted by Ganeshvol (74 posts) -

In Skyrim, how to know, which is main mission & side quest mission?

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#2 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

Wouldn't it be better if you didn't which mission is the main mission or if there were no main missions at all ?

Embrace the non-linearity. ;)

Avatar image for JigglyWiggly_
#3 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (24542 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Wouldn't it be better if you didn't which mission is the main mission or if there were no main missions at all ?

Embrace the non-linearity. ;)

Or in skyrim's case, you won't even be able to tell what is the main storyline... because the main storyline is so poorly done. It's not the length of it I had a problem with, the production values were so poor for a multi-million dollar game.

To the tc, just go in your objectives it should be able to be selected.

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#4 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

@JigglyWiggly_

For me... The Ultimate Open World Experience would have to be similar to Hitman, You're given one, single objective, and 10 ways to do it. What makes this concept so awesome is your target has a schedule, they move all over the map going about their day to day lives like a normal person, it gives you an oppertunity to study, plan and execute them. I want that concept expanded to an Open World, not big, but very dense.

One Objective, Infinite Methods. That would be the best Open World game.

Avatar image for commander
#5 Posted by commander (12856 posts) -

@Ganeshvol said:

In Skyrim, how to know, which is main mission & side quest mission?

the main mission starts with dragons, dragons, dragons...

Avatar image for JigglyWiggly_
#6 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (24542 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@JigglyWiggly_

For me... The Ultimate Open World Experience would have to be similar to Hitman, You're given one, single objective, and 10 ways to do it. What makes this concept so awesome is your target has a schedule, they move all over the map going about their day to day lives like a normal person, it gives you an oppertunity to study, plan and execute them. I want that concept expanded to an Open World, not big, but very dense.

One Objective, Infinite Methods. That would be the best Open World game.

Yeah that's the opposite of skyrim. The ai in the game is brain dead.

Avatar image for Cloud_imperium
#7 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14173 posts) -

Skryim is not about doing main missions and finishing them. It is about living in that world by doing quests after quests after quests and exploring to find unique stuff etc . Still if you want to follow main quest , it'll be all about dragons (like meet grey beards , tell X king about return of dragons and so on )

Avatar image for iwilson1296
#8 Posted by iwilson1296 (2276 posts) -

when you look in your journal , look at the active quest list and the one(s) with a dragon design next to it will be the main quest

Avatar image for 04dcarraher
#9 Edited by 04dcarraher (22424 posts) -

The main mission for skyrim is the comeback of the dragons, finding out your dragonborn learn how to use your power from greybeards, you finding out why and then fighting for the future defending it against the main evil dragon

Avatar image for Tokeism
#10 Posted by Tokeism (2365 posts) -

These are the main Quest names:

  • Unbound
  • Before the Storm
  • Bleak Falls Barrow
  • Dragon Rising
  • The Way of the Voice
  • The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller
  • A Blade in the Dark
  • Diplomatic Immunity
  • A Cornered Rat
  • Alduin's Wall
  • The Throat of the World
  • Elder Knowledge
  • Alduin's Bane
  • The Fallen
  • The World-Eater's Eyrie
  • Sovngarde
  • Dragonslayer
Avatar image for nutcrackr
#11 Posted by nutcrackr (13027 posts) -

@iwilson1296 said:

when you look in your journal , look at the active quest list and the one(s) with a dragon design next to it will be the main quest

This. The icon tells you which is the main story.

Best advice for a Bethesda game: don't take notice of what is main story and what is not. Do the stuff you want to do.