I`m confused about the "gman"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tader-salad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tader-salad
Member since 2008 • 842 Posts
Ok so I`m about 5 hours into half-life 2 and this gman guy is weird. I saw him in the beginning of HL on the tram, then somewhere in the middle, but he disappeared, then just a few hours ago I saw him in this red barn, but when I got there he disappeared again. Who is this guy?
Avatar image for mechwarrior_bob
mechwarrior_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 mechwarrior_bob
Member since 2006 • 1789 Posts
...Red Barn???? You should see at him at the Start of HL2 and end he basicly jumps ship in Epi. 1 then you see/interact w/ him ALOT in Epi.2 cause of Alyx. He seems to be some for of Alien that has incredible powers he also seems to have friends and apparently hates the Combine or at least wants them off Earth...He caused the effects of HL and seems to be in the shadows again for this one...It also made clear that he saved Alyx even though apparently some people said his desion was foolish (if you look closely the face of Dr. Breen will show up whether they know each other ./shrugs no one really knows)...hope that helps
stanislavski86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 stanislavski86
Member since 2004 • 152 Posts

Lol! Did he just ask who g-man was!!!?

Dude, nobody knows g-man's real id and what his motives are. Just know this, he hired you for this job...and just clock the game without questioning, ending of Half-Life 2 and the episodes will give you more answers about him as well. Also, if you can, play the first game, though he is as vague as he is in the second game.

hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts
Yeah he is a mysterious character. I hope we find out who he is in Episode 3.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#5 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

He may have been a scientist as well - there is a photograph of all the research team including Gordon and a man that looks like G-Man - its in EP2.

G-man is also the one who delivered that ball thing to Black Mesa. I suspect he is the administrator - because if you play Half-Life 1 one of the scientists says "the administrator just wouldn't listen".

purple_MAN1832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 purple_MAN1832
Member since 2004 • 2125 Posts
He's a bro, what else is there to say about him
cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts

He may have been a scientist as well - there is a photograph of all the research team including Gordon and a man that looks like G-Man - its in EP2.

G-man is also the one who delivered that ball thing to Black Mesa. I suspect he is the administrator - because if you play Half-Life 1 one of the scientists says "the administrator just wouldn't listen".

biggest_loser

everyone though that the G-man was the administrator, untile it turned out it was really DR. Breen.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
That is the mystery. One thing is for certian, he is in control, not Freeman.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 biggest_loser
[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]

cobrax75

everyone though that the G-man was the administrator, untile it turned out it was really DR. Breen.

Isn't Breen just the administrator of City 17 since he was appointed by the Combine after surrendering Earth?

Who are these benefactors btw?

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts
[QUOTE="cobrax75"][QUOTE="biggest_loser"]

biggest_loser

Isn't Breen just the administrator of City 17 since he was appointed by the Combine after surrendering Earth?

No, Dr. Breen was the Black Mesa administrator. Remember when you meet up with Alyx in HL2 and as she's taking you to the secret HQ, she shows you the poster of Dr. Breen and says something along the lines of "That's Dr. Breen, your old administrator at Black Mesa. Don't get my dad started on Dr. Breen."

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts

By the way, here's a great site that makes a lot of solid hypotheses about what is or may be going on in the Half-Life world.

http://members.shaw.ca/halflifestory/

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 biggest_loser

Oh okay...

Well I dont know who ol' G-Man is then. All I know is that he delivered that Ball thing to Black Mesa. Maybe he sabotaged it for aperture science

cd_rom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cd_rom
Member since 2003 • 13951 Posts
[QUOTE="cobrax75"][QUOTE="biggest_loser"]

biggest_loser

No, he was the administrator of Black Mesa. The Combine found him at Black Mesa and he arranged the surrender of Earth in exchange for power.

IMO, the G-man is not human. He talks like he's never had a voice before. He could be combine since he started the Black Mesa incident, he's the reason for the destruction of the citadel which brought more Combine to Earth, and the Combine are psychic, so he would never use a voice. Bad things happen everytime he's around which suggests he's not on Gordon's side.

Another theory is he's another alien group that wants to destroy the Combine at the expense of the humans and Earth. He brings the bulk of the Combine army to Earth and the G-man's "employers" take them all out with one blow.