I'll be buying this build on Saturday, please overlook it for compatibility :)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SubGum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SubGum
Member since 2003 • 1740 Posts

Link to build:http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=13086494

I'm planning on ordering all the parts on Saturday, and would appreciate it if the community can overlook everything one more time to make sure it's all going to work together.

I've already made some other threads previously to help me decide on the parts, and I'm pretty sure it's good to go.

Side notes:
I plan on getting another GTX 570 in about 6months and going SLI, hence the beefier PSU.
Also I'll be buying the GPU from Amazon, not Newegg ($40 cheaper on Amazon).

So can anyone confirm for me that everything is compatable?
The PSU and MOBO are going to work with all the other components?
And I'm going to have all the necessary cables I need to complete the build?

It's always great to have other people make sure I haven't missed anything before pulling the trigger.

Thanks a ton! :D
SubGum

Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Marfoo
Member since 2004 • 6002 Posts
Looks solid to me. The only thing though is you may not need that speed of RAM, I would just go with whatever speed the board recommends (1333MHZ I think) you can save some money. Also, you don't need the extra SATA cable, the mobo should come with plenty!
jtcraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jtcraft
Member since 2005 • 2770 Posts

Everything looks good and should work together. You don't have an OS on that list.

Marfoo:

He is getting 2 HDD's and a DVD drive so he will need 3 SATA cables. I think that mobo only comes with two (which is normal).

Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Marfoo

Ahh, didn't see the 2 count on his list!

EDIT: It does look like that mobo comes with 3 SATA cables (judging from the photos.)

Excized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Excized
Member since 2011 • 71 Posts

570?

omg lucky haha

yeah its compatible and i like the i7 your comp will be awesome

SubGum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SubGum

Looks solid to me. The only thing though is you may not need that speed of RAM, I would just go with whatever speed the board recommends (1333MHZ I think) you can save some money.Marfoo

Actually the MOBO goes up to 2133, and the RAM I selected is 2133. Also the price difference between speeds isn't that big at all between G.SKILL brand memory, luckily!

gigatrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gigatrainer
Member since 2006 • 2029 Posts
Why do you got 2 processors in that list?
SubGum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SubGum

Why do you got 2 processors in that list?gigatrainer

Uhhhhh... I don't?
Not sure what you're seeing there, but there's only 1 CPU on my end.

I just figured out I can shave another $40 off the cost of this baby through combo deals with the same exact items, so that's got me really happy! :D
Take off another $40 for buying the GPU through Amazon and the entire build should put me at around $1,320. YAY!!!

Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Marfoo

[QUOTE="Marfoo"]Looks solid to me. The only thing though is you may not need that speed of RAM, I would just go with whatever speed the board recommends (1333MHZ I think) you can save some money.SubGum

Actually the MOBO goes up to 2133, and the RAM I selected is 2133. Also the price difference between speeds isn't that big at all between G.SKILL brand memory, luckily!

The board may go up that high, but I know the 2600K is meant to run at 1333MHz default. I haven't looked into what it takes to overclock RAM on Sandy Bridge (May be as simple as changing a ratio), but just something to consider. If the price difference isn't that big I'd say it's fine, the modules will just downclock themselves, but just remember you may have to OC it manually. Alternatively you can keep the lower clocks and tighten up the CAS latencies for better performance.
XanaduTheBand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 XanaduTheBand
Member since 2005 • 2971 Posts

[QUOTE="gigatrainer"]Why do you got 2 processors in that list?SubGum

Uhhhhh... I don't?
Not sure what you're seeing there, but there's only 1 CPU on my end.

I just figured out I can shave another $40 off the cost of this baby through combo deals with the same exact items, so that's got me really happy! :D
Take off another $40 for buying the GPU through Amazon and the entire build should put me at around $1,320. YAY!!!

I see 2 processors as well. A 2600 and a 2600k. Just sayin'....

Smoke89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Smoke89
Member since 2003 • 3575 Posts

You should get a SSD to utilize Z68s ssd caching and tell me how it goes :D

SubGum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SubGum

You should get a SSD to utilize Z68s ssd caching and tell me how it goes :DSmoke89

I plan on getting an SSD later as prices become a little better per gig.
I don't have a real need for it right now, but it'll be nice to have SSD Caching and see what it can do once I do decide to upgrade

The board may go up that high, but I know the 2600K is meant to run at 1333MHz default. I haven't looked into what it takes to overclock RAM on Sandy Bridge (May be as simple as changing a ratio), but just something to consider. If the price difference isn't that big I'd say it's fine, the modules will just downclock themselves, but just remember you may have to OC it manually. Alternatively you can keep the lower clocks and tighten up the CAS latencies for better performance.Marfoo

I honestly don't know a lot about this...
Is there anywhere I can read up on it. Any specific memory you can recommend me?

I see 2 processors as well. A 2600 and a 2600k. Just sayin'....XanaduTheBand

That... is very very weird.
I still only see 1, so I can't explain it.
Whatever the case, just pretend the 2600 isn't there, as I'm getting a 2600k.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16590 Posts

i know you want a good power supply and all, but you shouldn't spend so much $$ on one, theres no point. I got my powersupply for $60 and its an antec with seasonic parts. You will be fine with a 750 watt power supply. If you want to go SLI with your 570's then I guess you do need more power since nvidia cards use much more power than the AMD ones. If you want though, you can just get dual 6950's in crossfire...they perform the same as 2 570's in sli, and they will run fine on a 600 watt power supply.

SubGum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SubGum

i know you want a good power supply and all, but you shouldn't spend so much $$ on one, theres no point. I got my powersupply for $60 and its an antec with seasonic parts. You will be fine with a 750 watt power supply. If you want to go SLI with your 570's then I guess you do need more power since nvidia cards use much more power than the AMD ones. If you want though, you can just get dual 6950's in crossfire...they perform the same as 2 570's in sli, and they will run fine on a 600 watt power supply.

blaznwiipspman1

I've had PSU problems in the past, and am not willing to skimp at all in this regard.
This isn't really a budget build either, so I don't need to get a cheap PSU.
Of course spending less money is preferable, I was willing to spend $1750 on this build 2 weeks ago before I trimmed the fat and met my needs a little better.
So as for the PSU, I'm very content on the Corsair I have chosen.

Someone over on the Steam Community Forums suggested this ram to me:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231445
It has a lower CAS speed so should be more balanced, yeah?

jtcraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jtcraft
Member since 2005 • 2770 Posts
[QUOTE="SubGum"]

Someone over on the Steam Community Forums suggested this ram to me: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231445 It has a lower CAS speed so should be more balanced, yeah?

Go ahead and get that set since it is a little cheaper. Also, I doubt you would see any difference in performance between the two speeds, even if they had the same latency, outside of benchmarks
SubGum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SubGum
Excellent. I'm basically just waiting for Amazon to get the GTX 570 in stock to order everything now. So exciting!!!
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blaznwiipspman1

you should consider spending some $$ on some gaming peripherals. I purchased an alienware gaming mouse for $40 on dells days of deals, its really cool and really upped my accuracy with the mouse.

SubGum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SubGum

you should consider spending some $$ on some gaming peripherals. I purchased an alienware gaming mouse for $40 on dells days of deals, its really cool and really upped my accuracy with the mouse.

blaznwiipspman1

I actually already have all the external peripherals I need.
I have a Gateway P-7811FX Gaming Laptop that I dock at my desk, so I already have a nice monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, as well as some other good stuff.
I also have an OEM copy of Win7 that I'm not using so I don't need to buy that either.

So once I build this tower up, I can just hook it up to everything I already have here, and then my poor laptop that's been playing the role as a desktop can go back to being mobile as a laptop should.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 blaznwiipspman1

[QUOTE="blaznwiipspman1"]

SubGum

I actually already have all the external peripherals I need.
I have a Gateway P-7811FX Gaming Laptop that I dock at my desk, so I already have a nice monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, as well as some other good stuff.
I also have an OEM copy of Win7 that I'm not using so I don't need to buy that either.

So once I build this tower up, I can just hook it up to everything I already have here, and then my poor laptop that's been playing the role as a desktop can go back to being mobile as a laptop should.

cool ur gonna have a blast