If you like games like Resi-evil or Sillent Hill you will totally Love BioShock

This topic is locked from further discussion.

scarface_u2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 scarface_u2
Member since 2006 • 57 Posts

Bioshock is certainly as atmospheric as Resi-Evil an Silent hill, i find it as edgy asboth as in not knowing just what lurks in the dark recess's of each area of Rapture.

Yet, this game is Far more sinister, and threatening it's ability too keep you nervously checking all areas of the rooms is sublimely enhanced by the maniacal weird an almost Exorcist sounds around you.

The 1950's sound track that drifts across the halls and down the stair cases is what i can only describe as like watching the Shining only you are the person stuck in this creep-fest.

If you like your game's Heart-poundingly good, this is a Must-have for you i guarantee you will love the fear that permeates and welcomes you too this city of Rapture.

Plague27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Plague27
Member since 2005 • 501 Posts
I agree it is good, and that it has an underlying vibe of sinisterism (yeah, I made it up), but the part that is terrifying is the audio logs, the enemies in that game get old LOOOONG before the end.
pmurph13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 pmurph13
Member since 2004 • 2356 Posts
in my opinion resievil isnt that atmospheric,still good,but i was never able to look at it the same wayafter silent hill 1 came out. im looking forward to playing bioshock greatly when i upgrade my pc :)
sasjebus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sasjebus
Member since 2005 • 171 Posts
What is atmosferic about Bioshock; you hear enemies 2 rooms before you get there so there's no reason to check everywere
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts

Bioshock is certainly as atmospheric as Resi-Evil an Silent hill, i find it as edgy asboth as in not knowing just what lurks in the dark recess's of each area of Rapture.

Yet, this game is Far more sinister, and threatening it's ability too keep you nervously checking all areas of the rooms is sublimely enhanced by the maniacal weird an almost Exorcist sounds around you.

The 1950's sound track that drifts across the halls and down the stair cases is what i can only describe as like watching the Shining only you are the person stuck in this creep-fest.

If you like your game's Heart-poundingly good, this is a Must-have for you i guarantee you will love the fear that permeates and welcomes you too this city of Rapture.

scarface_u2
What if you are like me and like the RE series, but hate the SH series? I guess I will just find it to be a ok game then. :roll:
flclempire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#6 flclempire
Member since 2004 • 4914 Posts
I love the RE series and I love the SH series even more, yet I found Bioshock to be just ok.
mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

except that 90% of the would-be atmosphere is sacrificed in favour of the sandbox, emergent combat - even playing on hard, enemies aren't particularly threatening, vita-chambers ruin everyting (patch it out, please - or at least put a ss2-style pricetag on using it) and resources are not exactly rare

the game encourages you to play around with your tools and abilities and try out different things, and while it's fun, it kills the atmosphere - plus enemies are spawned off tiringly predictable triggers (usually picking up item x or opening container y)

don't get me wrong, i love bioshock, but it's just got nothing on system shock 2... and it may be elitist, but it really is hard to love second best

19chevelle72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 19chevelle72
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts
BioShock needed More. The enemys and how you could kill them were boring an hour or 2 in. I think I can recall 4 distinct enemys... if even. Hope some mods come out for this.
Plague27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Plague27
Member since 2005 • 501 Posts
wait, don't forget the frozen spider splicers....that makes 5! Lol.