If you could produce a game, what game would it be?

NewOrder1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 NewOrder1984
Member since 2017 • 80 Posts

I have many ideas to games.

One game that would produce, would be a military realistic shooter (like GRAW, ARMA, Flashpoint).. in relatively big maps, trying to fight zombies. The zombies would chase you quite often in places.. and the gameplay would be oriented to the left4dead2 style of objectives. The goal is to leave the level (usually it would be a level).

It would have:

- Realistic military weapons.

- Realistic vehicles in some areas (depending on how you want to finish the level).

- Each level would be story driven (l4d2 style).

- The enemies would be varied. Like they are in resident evil game.

- The soundtrack and the environment would be as creepy as in the game stalker.

- Each server would have 32 players. The levels would be hard enough so only somewhere like 10 would only finish.

- There will be an upgrade rpg like system to your character.

- The game wouldnt have class-based system.

What do you think about my game?

What would be your game?

RockField

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 RockField
Member since 2017 • 500 Posts

The game that I'm thinking to create is PlatFormnia. I worked on this game on sploder 2 years ago and last year but I scrapped it off a couple of times and didn't start over and finish it because of lack of time and motivation. To be honest, there are mixed ideas in my head about this game like the main objective of this game is the player should reach the end of PlatFormnia.

Another game that I'm thinking of while walking along the corridor in school back when I was in 10th grade is called Eclevia, named my female classmate's middle name. I find her middle name unique and in fact, I used to fall in love with her. So much for that. I'm thinking of it as an action-RPG game, maybe Devil May Cry like game? I'm not sure, I have no idea.

I also thought of another game called Skwod: The 18th birthday. This game will be survival-horror I think. The objective here is survive and face their fears as they only have 18 days to live in a place that they don't know where they are. The title was based on a group of friends in my class that have a squad name called Skwod (if I were not mistaken), and there was one time they're talking about 18th birthday/debut thing (If I were not mistaken again).

I'm not really good at concept and strategy but I think I can be anything despite of my weakspots.

Alucrd2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#4 Alucrd2009
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

Horer or sicological game ! i have a sick mind for this stuff XD

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

DLC the game

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@skipper847 said:

DLC the game

Is that where you release a bunch of DLC for 5 dollars a pop, and then the whole game after on day 1 and everyone is like "DAY ONE GAME!!?!?! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!"

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts

i would love to explore using the horsepower available in a PC for stuff other than graphics. limit the team to using X% of horsepower in the CPU and GPU for graphics workloads (based on a min spec since the PC is a moving target) and use the available horsepower for something else in the game. more advanced AI. CFD (albeit basic) in a racing sim. more gameplay related physics. an enhanced version of the chemistry system used in BOTW.

basically treat horsepower as a platform to build a big box of toys that can be used throughout a game and let the player play with it.

the talk nintendo gave on the philosophy behind BOTW was quite an eye opener and it would be very interesting how it could be expanded on when given more juice to work with.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts
  • An open world, spiritual successor to STALKER but with an altered story and a more scenic location. Possibly map out some countrysides of France, New Zealand and Romania and blend the maps together.
  • I would name it Atmosfear. Or title it like A T M O S F E A R with some fancy font work.
  • Probably use the UE 4 engine as it's pretty robust.
  • I would try to mimic a predator/prey A.i similar to that of Farcry Primal where monsters would behave in the wild similar as animals do.
  • Predators attack prey and then eat it with full animations. Scared off if larger predator comes nearby.
  • Vehicles similar to Mad Max, ability to build your own vehicle by snapping together pieces from collecting scavenged parts.
  • Required food and sleep system. You can stay awake for 24 hours every 3 days but sleep will be 12 hrs instead of 6 and you won't wake up if danger wonders nearby (sleep harder). Otherwise your vision becomes more blurred or use of some visual distortion. Slow reaction ...etc until you pass out from exhaustion further increasing your exposure to danger.
  • Paranormal phenomenon using procedurally generated and random events which also include weird environmental phenema such as time slips where you see day turn to night or even portals that take you to very odd places for a period of time and you suddenly pop back where you were originally. Ghosts, EVP's..etc occur.
  • Economy where collection of artifacts, weapons or anything else found or taken in the wild can be sold or traded.
  • NPC's have full time schedules and roles. Adventurers brave the elements in search of rare artifacts produced by anomalies and other such.
  • Faction system. Bandits and military groups fight for control of rare artifacts produced by anomalies. Scientists also pay for DNA samples collected from monsters and other environmental evidence so they can study and figure out what's going on. Factions include mercenaries, escaped prisoners/convicts looking for work and will kill you or any other NPC for any goods they may have.
  • All NPC's including you have limited amount of bullets..etc and must eat and sleep as you do. Full body hit detection where injuries can hinder enemies or you. Faction members help each other, will attempt to rescue the injured. Will also retreat and attempt to hide once out of ammo or when too many of their comrades die.
  • Factions will control various areas using guarded buildings and fenced in areas as home base.
  • Home bases include cooks, barters, soldiers..etc and can vary in roles between men and women. Scientists and military generals are the main quest providers. Side quests would include, from any NPC, obtaining food, water, ammo..etc.
  • Procedurally generated interiors and buildings. Would allow for all buildings to be enterable and many that contain their own dangers such as nocturnal creatures sleeping, lone crazed bandits, ghosts...etc. without having to manually setup each one by hand.
  • Bullet physics. Real modeled weapons from around the world.
  • Large scale map that is mysteriously surrounded by a powerful electromagnetic storm ( I picture the distant sand storm from Mad Max movie) that makes leaving impossible but would create a secret cavern path that leads out and triggers an ending of safe escape. Other endings include solving the mystery of what's going on and endings that create more questions than answers depending on player choices throughout the game.

What do you think of my game? Probably would cost upwards of $50 million at the very least to create such though, at least how I picture it.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@skipper847 said:

DLC the game

Is that where you release a bunch of DLC for 5 dollars a pop, and then the whole game after on day 1 and everyone is like "DAY ONE GAME!!?!?! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!"

Abit like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

call of duty the reboot

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mrbojangles25

Combination city builder coupled with real-time strategy...maybe with a bit of 4X tossed in for scale.

-you'd build a city, but you'd also harvest resources.
-You'd have to build defenses to protect your city as it grew, but also maintain it's infrastructure as well
-Eventually you'd outgrow your current zone/map and would need to go on the offensive so you'd start producing offensive vehicles, troops, and weaponry to invade the neighboring zone and their city.
-There'd be economy and diplomacy as well

Basically it'd be a blend of Cities: Skylines, Anno 2070, and Command and Conquer, with a pinch of Sins of a Solar Empire thrown in.

It'd be a micromanager's wet dream; having to manage city layout, resources AND an economy AND trade, wage war and diplomacy, and more.

NewOrder1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NewOrder1984

@mrbojangles25: Everything in turn-based and real-time strategy was already done, unfortunately. Civ5 and 6, and total war:warhammer, already put everything.

An open world, spiritual successor to STALKER but with an altered story and a more scenic location. Possibly map out some countrysides of France, New Zealand and Romania and blend the maps together

My concept is a bit similar to yours.

I also thought that another game like stalker should be produced, but with better engine, graphics and story (like in Fallout 4).

But a more murky game, which is based on horror.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mrbojangles25

@neworder1984: lol nonsense. Besides, you listed turn-based strategy games (Warhammer is turn-based with real-time battles).

that's like saying everything in RPG was already done because of Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, and everything in shooters done because of Doom and Half-Life.

Get out of town, man.

NewOrder1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NewOrder1984

@mrbojangles25: if you say that everything done in those RPG games: Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, may be I should play them before I get out of town.

I think the closest game to the game you described is 'Supreme Commander' (it is a mix of Cities: Skylines and Command and Conquer).

And about FPS, it is dying, but not dead. Developers could develop sequels (e.g. half-life, portal, battlefield bad company, etqw, Fear Combat, Fallout, GRAW, Left for dead) or improve on garbage or mediocre games that came out (ARMA, Stalker, Far Cry, Crisis, Duke Nukem, Battlefield). But their isnt much new to add to that genre, apart from better story, graphics, and may be gore and nudity.

Fallout 4 has done a lot in the genre. It's shooting mechanics improved since the last release, it has good RPG elements, a lot of environments, in addition to graphics, story and sound. They could use more humor though, Too many games dont have humor in them and that is disappointing. There is also the game of Deus Ex if you like more hardcore shooting, but I didnt like it that much.

There were a few game styles that werent experimented with. One of them is military shooter and horror style. It is a game style that could work with single player or multiplayer. And include a lot of humor.

Kualx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kualx
Member since 2017 • 20 Posts

You guys ideas have been done way too often, be creative and different.

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 napo_sp
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts

a narrowed down version of mass effect andromeda style hard scifi rpg on the scale of a solar system, main features

1. set in a hard space scifi universe where humanity colonized another solar system

2. narrowed down solar system type, this won't be sol like solar system but rather a limited one, but it would feature exotic locations

3. the main planet where the colonies exist is mostly a water world with icy ring, natural land mass is very scarce but has been terraformed to support human colony

4. that populated land mass would probably be bigger than the size of witcher 3 game world

5. aside from the main land mass, there would be several giant off shore platforms nearby that added up the game world on that planet, all else are basically water, probably there can be several underwater locations

6. the key point there, is that there will be no restriction on where you can go, it will be like star citizen in this regard...

7. so aside from the land based locations I mentioned before, there would be lots of space stations, on the low orbit, high orbit, as well as on the planetary ring... there are also explorable moons and another planet or two with visit able stations...

well I think that is enough for description of what kind of game I want.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#17 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

HD 2D side scrollers, personally I'd kill to see an HD remake of the Megaman X series (Yes X7 and X8 in 2D as well) I want sprites like those of Persona 4 Arena and BlazeBlue series. But any action side scroller I welcome in my book.

NewOrder1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NewOrder1984

@napo_sp: That is a good idea for a game.

I think the series needs better action and not rely solely on its rpg elements.

I played Mass Effect 2 and got bored so quickly.

When is Fallout 5 or Fallout online coming out?

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

A car simulator that mimics real engine function and damage by physics

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 napo_sp

@_SKatEDiRt_:

Beamng already exist.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#21  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

There are (checks personal wiki) currently 25 game ideas in my personal wiki. There are two that are top of the pile: the the Lifetime Highest Priority is "Project Wormhole," which basically a sequel/spiritual successor to this game. Meanwhile, the current number 1 in my changing Top Ten ideas is "Project Madman Reboot 2.0," which is essentially an open-world Mass Effect-like game starring a cyborg detective with a mysterious past who goes to a run-down city on a barely-governed planet to solve a murder, and it is inspired by... ...Sonic the Hedgehog games. Yeah, it makes more sense in context.

Both are project names and not final names.

NewOrder1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NewOrder1984

BTW, there is nothing out there that is realistic, especially with good multiplayer. You have Arma 3. But it is unrealistic and difficult for no reason.

You have battlefield 4.. which is more realistic on hardcore mode than any of the other battlefields. But still not completely realistic, considering the sniper class, and other things.

I want more games like GRAW, mixed with battlefield with no tubers, nade spammers and no rockets firing on infantry..

I also want ETQW 2.

nguyentylertan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nguyentylertan
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

last year i also asked myself this question, and now i really did it :D

This is my biggest effort, hope you guys love it

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pigame/hercules-the-untold-stories?ref=creator_nav

NewOrder1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NewOrder1984

@nguyentylertan: It is a good investment. But I dont think many gamers would play your game.

Soul Reaver is a game that combines tomb raider, god of war and some world (not time) travelling.

Too bad there is no sequel to that.

Actually, there is,

Loading Video...

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Combination city builder coupled with real-time strategy...maybe with a bit of 4X tossed in for scale.

-you'd build a city, but you'd also harvest resources.

-You'd have to build defenses to protect your city as it grew, but also maintain it's infrastructure as well

-Eventually you'd outgrow your current zone/map and would need to go on the offensive so you'd start producing offensive vehicles, troops, and weaponry to invade the neighboring zone and their city.

-There'd be economy and diplomacy as well

Basically it'd be a blend of Cities: Skylines, Anno 2070, and Command and Conquer, with a pinch of Sins of a Solar Empire thrown in.

It'd be a micromanager's wet dream; having to manage city layout, resources AND an economy AND trade, wage war and diplomacy, and more.

That sounds awesome.

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By napo_sp

I have another ideas for a dream pc game : a story driven open world RTS game.

I have the idea since watching the documentary about homeworld desert of kharak, it was supposedly to have open world campaign but never materialized due to fund and technical difficulties.

But damn, that made me thinking how brilliant it could be.

Some ideas that I brainstormed :

1. Story and theme can have similarities with DoK, it's about scientific-military expedition.

2. Unlike DoK however, in here you will have competing factions toward your goal.

3. You will have to lead your expedition throughout open world map with many possible routes toward the goal.

4. Survival and politics play major factors in the campaign, you

may need to forge alliance with your rivals, you need to maintain your resources to get to the goal.

That is something never been done in rts yet, although I just saw someone posted a new console-pc rts that may have similar ideas to mine, seeing that it will come to console though, make me not confident with it.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#28 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

an HD 2D side scroller, specifically I want to remake the whole Megaman X series, I wish WayForward would give the X series the same treatment as Blood Rayne Betrayal and Shantea Half Genie Hero.

bellchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By bellchi
Member since 2017 • 5 Posts

i would create an open world game where you could live every life you wanted to. It would be so accurate to real life that you may start doubting if youre playing in another persons head or just a game,

its a bit of a creepy thought but playing it would give people a view of what would happen if you behaved this way without trying it irl or you could just mess around HIUFDG