If Skyrim mod support is as good as Oblivion mod support......

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sami117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sami117
Member since 2008 • 650 Posts

The (modded) game will be legendary...

Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Remmib
Member since 2010 • 2250 Posts

The base game is going to be crap...they dumbed so much stuff down it's ridiculous. Not to mention it's going to be riddled with bugs and crappy graphics since it's running on the GameBryo engine.

Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 delete-SimplyFatal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts
^ Lol?
Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Remmib

^ Lol?SimplyFatal

I don't find a great PC franchise getting turned into a very lackluster franchise for consoles funny, but hey I guess not everyone can game on the supreme platform.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

[QUOTE="SimplyFatal"]^ Lol?Remmib

I don't find a great PC franchise getting turned into a very lackluster franchise for consoles funny, but hey I guess not everyone can game on the supreme platform.

Some people have a great rig and are still looking forward to skyrimm..No reason to put some one else down because maybe they dont..Im sure skyrimm will be find and than like every one else is doing now..They will release the patch later on for dx11..Its the change of times and it seams every one is doing this now..Doesnt mean either that skyrim will look bad the way it is..Cant judge untill you actually see pics of the game itself why not take a wait and see and than judge..

Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Remmib

[QUOTE="Remmib"]

[QUOTE="SimplyFatal"]^ Lol?Gladestone1

Some people have a great rig and are still looking forward to skyrimm..No reason to put some one else down because maybe they dont..Im sure skyrimm will be find and than like every one else is doing now..They will release the patch later on for dx11..Its the change of times and it seams every one is doing this now..Doesnt mean either that skyrim will look bad the way it is..Cant judge untill you actually see pics of the game itself why not take a wait and see and than judge..

I'm not a graphics whore so that doesn't concern me too much. I still play games from 1999.

What I am annoyed by is the dumbing down of the skill and armor system, etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

The base game is going to be crap...they dumbed so much stuff down it's ridiculous. Not to mention it's going to be riddled with bugs and crappy graphics since it's running on the GameBryo engine.

Remmib

Have you been following the game at all? They stuff they have released looks great in terms of graphics because they fixed the horrible character models. Bugs in a Bethesda game are sort of expected because they don't know what QA means. I expect it to work better because of how modified the engine is but like I said you expect them going in.

I'll take a dumbed down Oblivion or Skyrim over the crap that is Morrowind. Oblivion had design flaws but Morrowind felt like it actively discouraged you to play it with the ridge racers and stupid combat system.

I'm not a graphics whore so that doesn't concern me too much. I still play games from 1999.

Remmib

Your previous post. "Not to mention it's going to be riddled with bugs and crappy graphics since it's running on the GameBryo engine."

sami117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sami117
Member since 2008 • 650 Posts

[QUOTE="Gladestone1"]

[QUOTE="Remmib"]

Remmib

Be calm my young Padawan, Oblivion was also dumped down, but mods will save it..

Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Remmib

[QUOTE="Remmib"]

Whiteblade999

Have you been following the game at all? They stuff they have released looks great in terms of graphics because they fixed the horrible character models. Bugs in a Bethesda game are sort of expected because they don't know what QA means. I expect it to work better because of how modified the engine is but like I said you expect them going in.

I'll take a dumbed down Oblivion or Skyrim over the crap that is Morrowind. Oblivion had design flaws but Morrowind felt like it actively discouraged you to play it with the ridge racers and stupid combat system.

Your previous post. "Not to mention it's going to be riddled with bugs and crappy graphics since it's running on the GameBryo engine."

Morrowind is better than Oblivion; that is factual.

Skyrim should look waaay better, but I can get past crappy graphics...my real concern lies with the dumbing down of the game.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

[QUOTE="Whiteblade999"]

[QUOTE="Remmib"]

Remmib

Skyrim should look waaay better, but I can get past crappy graphics...my real concern lies with the dumbing down of the game.

Its not dumbed won wow people need to find out more info..All the skills are just going into the star modes..Nothing is being taken out..Some spells are going into other schools..We all no morrowind is the mother of all elder scrolls games..How ever some of us do enjoy the new games..Wait and see instead of crying about stuff an read about the skill set before saying its dumbed down..

Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Remmib

Its not dumbed won wow people need to find out more info..All the skills are just going into the star modes..Nothing is being taken out..Some spells are going into other schools..We all no morrowind is the mother of all elder scrolls games..How ever some of us do enjoy the new games..Wait and see instead of crying about stuff an read about the skill set before saying its dumbed down..

Gladestone1

You know that there are only 1 or 2 armor slots now right? No more individual pieces of armor.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#12 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts
[QUOTE="Remmib"]

[QUOTE="Gladestone1"]

[QUOTE="Remmib"]

Yep, and as long as consoles are around pc gaming will suffer for them.
Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

[QUOTE="Whiteblade999"]

[QUOTE="Remmib"]

Remmib

The nostalgia is strong in this one. Morrowind has the world going for it and thats it even with all the mods. Oblivion has a combat system that at least works, a completely new game in Nehrim, mods that can fix the problems in game and fast travel which Morrowind really needed.

Edit so I don't derail the thread too much.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
Don't get ahead of yourself, I'd probably at least wait for the game to get released before you start anticipating mods. Probably won't see any awesome mods til a couple of years from now.
Lost-Memory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lost-Memory
Member since 2009 • 1556 Posts

Remmib
Uhh. Okay ? Just because their other games usually start out with a few bugs ( i honestly don't understand what people are getting so upset about, I've never had any game breaking bugs while i played ANY of their games. I'm starting to think too many spoiled rotten kids who are used to getting exactly what they want the very second they want it are playing games and crying about it) -- Anyways... I'd like to see your crystal ball so i can see how the game's launch looks too. As well, They're not even using the Gamebryo engine man, its called the Creation Engine. It looks way better and handles human models better too. It doesn't hurt to read something every now and again.
mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts
Don't get ahead of yourself, I'd probably at least wait for the game to get released before you start anticipating mods. Probably won't see any awesome mods til a couple of years from now.KHAndAnime
Nah probably in about 4-8 months after launch you'll start seeing some very interesting and game-changing mods, like OOOs, Francescos etc. And not to mention some new questlines, companion characters, items, some small factions etc etc. Those that took couple years to make are the total conversions.
sinpkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sinpkr
Member since 2010 • 1255 Posts

only thing im worried about is wat they did with the armour .

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Game's not even out yet and we need a mod overhaul of the skill system...again. Skyrim's setup has us being jack of all trades again, and yet again even less armor options.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]Don't get ahead of yourself, I'd probably at least wait for the game to get released before you start anticipating mods. Probably won't see any awesome mods til a couple of years from now.mirgamer
Nah probably in about 4-8 months after launch you'll start seeing some very interesting and game-changing mods, like OOOs, Francescos etc. And not to mention some new questlines, companion characters, items, some small factions etc etc. Those that took couple years to make are the total conversions.

At their releases, I've never found of those mods to be that big, and of course you could only have one installed at a time without conflicts.
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
All depends on the engine for me, Oblivion and Fallout were horrible to run for me so I may just get it on Xbox even though I have a very good PC.
Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Remmib

[QUOTE="Remmib"]

Lost-Memory

Uhh. Okay ? Just because their other games usually start out with a few bugs ( i honestly don't understand what people are getting so upset about, I've never had any game breaking bugs while i played ANY of their games. I'm starting to think too many spoiled rotten kids who are used to getting exactly what they want the very second they want it are playing games and crying about it) -- Anyways... I'd like to see your crystal ball so i can see how the game's launch looks too. As well, They're not even using the Gamebryo engine man, its called the Creation Engine. It looks way better and handles human models better too. It doesn't hurt to read something every now and again.

The Creation Engine is simply a tweaked version of the GameBryo Engine. If you do not realize this then Bethesda's trickery has worked on you.

MadCat46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MadCat46
Member since 2004 • 1494 Posts

The Creation Engine is simply a tweaked version of the GameBryo Engine. If you do not realize this then Bethesda's trickery has worked on you.Remmib

And? You understand that "tweaking" a game engine can lead to a large amount of improvements to the point it's totally unidentifiable from it's previous iteration. Would you have believed that The Witcher used a "tweaked" version of the engine that Planescape: Torment was built on if no one told you?

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

[QUOTE="Gladestone1"]

[QUOTE="Remmib"]

Remmib

This. Skyrim is going to be a HUGE letdown.

Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Remmib

[QUOTE="Remmib"]The Creation Engine is simply a tweaked version of the GameBryo Engine. If you do not realize this then Bethesda's trickery has worked on you.MadCat46

And? You understand that "tweaking" a game engine can lead to a large amount of improvements to the point it's totally unidentifiable from it's previous iteration. Would you have believed that The Witcher used a "tweaked" version of the engine that Planescape: Torment was built on if no one told you?

Creation Engine and GameBryo are so similar that it is incredibly identifiable that the changes made were just minor tweaks. And no I wouldn't believe that because I am not an idiot.

MadCat46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MadCat46
Member since 2004 • 1494 Posts

Creation Engine and GameBryo are so similar that it is incredibly identifiable that the changes made were just minor tweaks. And no I wouldn't believe that because I am not an idiot.Remmib

And you know this how, did they ever really get into technical detail what this engine is capable and what improvements they've made over the previous iteration or are you just assuming there's no real difference?

PS. You are aware Planescape and The Witcher both use the Auroa Engine right?

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

[QUOTE="Remmib"]Creation Engine and GameBryo are so similar that it is incredibly identifiable that the changes made were just minor tweaks. And no I wouldn't believe that because I am not an idiot.MadCat46

And you know this how, did they ever really get into technical detail what this engine is capable and what improvements they've made over the previous iteration or are you just assuming there's no real difference?

Dude the engine is OBVIOUSLY the same one. It's a console game. The engine still won't be able to handle crap.

And wow compared two games, in the genre with the same type of gameplay. I really don't see anything impressive there with the Witcher 1.

jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts
Stop whining. Every significant change I've read about Skyrim is a massive improvement or at worse a sidestep. Armor slots never made the game, and if it frees up resources and means more armor sets I say to heck with them. (and honestly who mixed/matched their armor in Oblivion? it looked hideous.)
jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jedinat
And wow compared two games, in the genre with the same type of gameplay. I really don't see anything impressive there with the Witcher 1.morrowindnic
Dude, stop talking.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="Remmib"]Creation Engine and GameBryo are so similar that it is incredibly identifiable that the changes made were just minor tweaks. And no I wouldn't believe that because I am not an idiot.MadCat46

After watching a 30min gameplay demo of Skyrim, if they didn't say it was skyrim, I would have thought it was oblivion near the Bruma city
Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

Remmib

Skyrim runs on the creation engine, it was developed by Bethesda. Gamebryo was a third party engine i.e. not made by Bethesda. Or were you talking about Oblivion?

jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jedinat

After watching a 30min gameplay demo of Skyrim, if they didn't say it was skyrim, I would have thought it was oblivion near the Bruma citywis3boi
I suppose it must have been a while since you played Oblivion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBWrCSIXpnE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/user/mrpantsleeves#p/u/5/GiXZyZSjdDY
vs
http://secure.xfire.com/video/4216ab/

Humorguy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#32 Humorguy_basic
Member since 2002 • 2342 Posts

Don't forget, with the Skyrim Editor, Pc mods will be able to be run through the console editor so they work on console.

I think this will mean MUCH fewer mods for Skyrim, as modders tend to be hardcore PC gamers and will not make mods if they think it will help the console market and blur one of the main differences between PC and console - mods!

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
PS. You are aware Planescape and The Witcher both use the Auroa Engine right?MadCat46
Planescape torment used the infinity engine
jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jedinat

Don't forget, with the Skyrim Editor, Pc mods will be able to be run through the console editor so they work on console.

I think this will mean MUCH fewer mods for Skyrim, as modders tend to be hardcore PC gamers and will not make mods if they think it will help the console market and blur one of the main differences between PC and console - mods!Humorguy_basic

This is a joke. Modders won't care. Good one anyways. I know a lot of them don't even play the game much, lol, they just like to mod.

Anyways, I can pretty much guarantee few mods will work on console. Ones that change damage modifiers or maybe retexture a sword... simple mods will probably work... not huge overhauls and such. I suppose there might end up being "console versions" of certain mods. The experience will still pale to that of the PC.

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

Oblivion was epic. Morrowind felt like it was trying to discourage me from playing and having fun. I modded the crap out of it on my PC and I still can't force myself to sit down and play that thing.

If Skyrim is half as good as Oblivion was I'll be a happy gamer for a long time. And I think this game looks great wtf? :|

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 alan_carter
Member since 2009 • 1404 Posts

I didn't find necessary mods for making oblivion playable. Only mod i've used lately is that water enhacement included in natural enviroment (not sure whats the name)

But oblivion is a 2006 game, and i won't tolerate stuff like that in skyrim. Like all of u hav seen, in those gameplay vids u can notice that npcs walk, walk through stairs, and attack just like in oblivion and the fallout series... and thats pushing me back very badly..

Should i try to get one of the last copies of bf3 limited edition, so i'll get back to karkand for free, and wait a bit til skyrim so i get an idea of how broken (or not) things are?

I don't lose anything tbh, skyrim offers a cloth map, that will be replaced for an standard map for all other copies..