Ideas for simple things to do in Minecraft

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Essian (3444 posts) -

So I just picked up Minecraft, and I am looking for ideas of some simple projects I could take on while I get used to the game and its mechanics. Right now I am working on building a house and a railway system to get around the area I have been exploring, but what other things would you say would make a good project? And by project, I don't mean things like exploring caves and such, because that will come with having to collect resources for projects. I am more talking about things I could build and create that aren't super advanced. Thanks guys.

#2 Posted by HyperWarlock (3295 posts) -

The Death Star.

Avatar image for MickaelJulliard
#3 Posted by MickaelJulliard (905 posts) -

So I just picked up Minecraft, and I am looking for ideas of some simple projects I could take on while I get used to the game and its mechanics. Right now I am working on building a house and a railway system to get around the area I have been exploring, but what other things would you say would make a good project? And by project, I don't mean things like exploring caves and such, because that will come with having to collect resources for projects. I am more talking about things I could build and create that aren't super advanced. Thanks guys.

Essian

Making a farm, with caged off animals, individually, and bit fields of wheat :)

Avatar image for MickaelJulliard
#4 Posted by MickaelJulliard (905 posts) -

The Death Star.

HyperWarlock

Or this.

#5 Posted by Essian (3444 posts) -

The Death Star.

HyperWarlock
let's aim a bit smaller...

[QUOTE="Essian"]

MickaelJulliard

Making a farm, with caged off animals, individually, and bit fields of wheat :)

oooo, thats a good one!
#6 Posted by metalicelvis (716 posts) -

With the above suggestion, I did this over the past few days and found there is a slight bug where animals can escape 1 block fences. So I built my animals a big barn made of brick and then fenced them inside that building. I recommend you do this to ensure your animals dont wander off like mine kept doing.

other projects I have in mind is to set up big bridges like the manhattan bridge to take me directly to areas of interest such as lava pools, areas rich in resources such as big foests for wood and mines with coal in.

#7 Posted by kozzy1234 (35966 posts) -

Build a HUGE castle and then build a huge GREAT WALL that reachs your other house or castle (;

Also build a bunch of mines in teh ground, youll have some fun :)

I liked playing minecraft while im watching a tv show or movie that ive seen before, and just build, mine things,etc.. its nice relaxing fun.

I also like to build tons of chests and then load them all into my castle adn fill them with all kidn of resources for later.

#8 Posted by Caladfwich (104 posts) -

Maybe try this?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/607484-challenge-the-city-construction-challenge/