ibuypower or cyberpowerpc? poll

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by --JpR-- (394 posts) -

chea

and list some key specs for $1600-$1850

and if i should get ultimate and a tv tuner

#2 Posted by supergamer1289 (2825 posts) -
I just have to say Cyberpowerpc is the best company I have ever dealt with. Their customer support actually lives in the united states and speaks English (I know! I did not think it possible either!) Also, their computers are really cheep but have great quality. I am on my cyber power right now.
#4 Posted by supergamer1289 (2825 posts) -
People on here have said bad things about both company's. You really should learn to build your own computer. It is fairly easy and for your budget, you could have a excellent gaming machine. I use to be very timid about building a computer, but the people on here gave me a great W.E.B. site and with a little confidence, I built this rig that I'm typing on. If you still want to buy from one of these 2 company's, ibuypower has had better post then cybepower which has been ripped on here.roulettethedog

Just because you herd it here does NOT mean its true. I am on these forums and I just gave cyberpower a great review. ALSO, go to cyber power and look at the testimonials. Oh, and lastly dont use bold. Its anyoing (i am using bold to make a point)
#5 Posted by Andrew0987 (7491 posts) -
none of them. build your own.  
#6 Posted by supergamer1289 (2825 posts) -
none of them. build your own. Andrew0987
Not everyone has PC skills like you. If I tried to build my own it would look worst than michael jackson!
#8 Posted by Hiryuu_ (2521 posts) -
Neither. I've heard too many stories about each of them.
Missing/wrong parts.. computers dying...terrible customer service.. the works.

You should build your own computer with that budget. You could get an E6600 and probably an 8800GTX/8800GTS.
#9 Posted by Andrew0987 (7491 posts) -
[QUOTE="Andrew0987"]none of them. build your own. supergamer1289
Not everyone has PC skills like you. If I tried to build my own it would look worst than michael jackson!

its not as hard as it looks and sounds. all those wires and circuit boards may look scary but you should be able to handle it after some research.
edit: thought you were the op.
#10 Posted by dixiee (1060 posts) -
Neither, they are both the worst computer companies on earth. Buy the parts off newegg and pay a pro to build it for you. It would probably be even cheaper. Or learn how to build it yourself, it is really very easy.
#11 Posted by dixiee (1060 posts) -
Neither, they are both the worst computer companies on earth. Buy the parts off newegg and pay a pro to build it for you. It would probably be even cheaper. Or learn how to build it yourself, it is really very easy.dixiee
Well correction, it is more compairable to ebay. You are taking a risk. Pretty much a fifty, fifty chance it will work out well.
#12 Posted by supergamer1289 (2825 posts) -

[QUOTE="supergamer1289"][QUOTE="Andrew0987"]none of them. build your own. roulettethedog

You just don't have the confidence to build your own PC. PLUS I'LL USE BOLD AS LONG AS IT ANNOYS YOU

Ah ha ha! YOu dont know me at all. i know I cant build my own. Hell, I cant even do lego!
#13 Posted by SDog624 (2032 posts) -
both companies are strangely similar to eachother. i always get the feeling they're the same company. build your own.
#15 Posted by theragu40 (3332 posts) -
Seriously, just google "build PC", and tons of articles with step by step instructions on building your own PC will come up. If you have fingers and a philips screwdriver, you can build a computer. It's the easiest thing ever.
#16 Posted by Deamon321 (1568 posts) -

chea

--JpR--
LISTEN TO ME!!!! NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER GO TO CYBERPOWERPC.COM. THEY ARE THE WORST COMPUTER COMPANY ON TEH PLANET. every single person who has ever bought a computer from them that i know, about 15 ppl has had a major problem that teh warranty is supposed to cover. but since they haev no cluee what they are doing, u send teh pc bak to them and pay a fortune for shipping and THEY NEVER EVER FIX IT. they send it bak to u the exact same computer. plzzee for the love f god dont buy a pc from these retards. im currently trying to get the charges disputed with my credit company because these morons havent fixed ONE PROBLEM AND I HAVE SENT IT TO THEM 7 TIMES!!! go anywhere, do anything but dont go cyberpower or ibuypower.
#17 Posted by PCnoob02 (73 posts) -
[QUOTE="--JpR--"]

chea

Deamon321
LISTEN TO ME!!!! NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER GO TO CYBERPOWERPC.COM. THEY ARE THE WORST COMPUTER COMPANY ON TEH PLANET. every single person who has ever bought a computer from them that i know, about 15 ppl has had a major problem that teh warranty is supposed to cover. but since they haev no cluee what they are doing, u send teh pc bak to them and pay a fortune for shipping and THEY NEVER EVER FIX IT. they send it bak to u the exact same computer. plzzee for the love f god dont buy a pc from these retards. im currently trying to get the charges disputed with my credit company because these morons havent fixed ONE PROBLEM AND I HAVE SENT IT TO THEM 7 TIMES!!! go anywhere, do anything but dont go cyberpower or ibuypower.

This is so true. My cyberpowerpc wouldnt work fresh out of the box, I sent it back to them after begging them to give me free shipping. When it got back it was in a worse state then when I sent it back.

Their tech support is also garbage, I could barely understand the man with a middle-eastern accent that picked up.
#18 Posted by Deamon321 (1568 posts) -
[QUOTE="Deamon321"][QUOTE="--JpR--"]

chea

PCnoob02

This is so true. My cyberpowerpc wouldnt work fresh out of the box, I sent it back to them after begging them to give me free shipping. When it got back it was in a worse state then when I sent it back.

Their tech support is also garbage, I could barely understand the man with a middle-eastern accent that picked up.

YUP, mine was defective out of the box too. the video card and ram were defective and they still havent replaced the ram after i sent it to them about 7 times. It literally has all the problems it had from teh start and then some. while fixing the comp the idiots "accidentally" broke my HD and I lost all of my data. i mean cmon? what is this? what if i was a lawyer and had case files on there?i would literally take agun and shoot someone who works there. then they get my hopes up and say they retrieved my data. oh adn i drove there that time and he said it to my face. i get home elated and when i boot the comp up... all my data gone. i call and politely ask why he said he transferred the data when he clearly didnt. his response: i never said that. I say I was talking to u today and u said it to my face about 2 hours ago(oh adn the guys name is warren so it was the same guy). then i just hang up. this company has put me through hell so ive successfully reffered about 20 customers awawy from them in teh past month using these forums. Please do not go to cyberpower.
#19 Posted by --JpR-- (394 posts) -

hmm what about ibuypower?

and if you guys help me...i might try and make my own, but i dont eant to waste my parents money (im only 15)

like if you could list good parts

like amd 5200+ or  intel 6600? thanks everyone ;]

#20 Posted by frost_mourne13 (1615 posts) -
I think everyone knows the C2D is so much better than a 5200, yet the 5200 is mighty cheap. Depends on your preference. By the way, I'm pretty sure you will save more money if you build your own than buying one. If you want, steal a computer friend and have him watch while you make it.
#21 Posted by Deamon321 (1568 posts) -

hmm what about ibuypower?

and if you guys help me...i might try and make my own, but i dont eant to waste my parents money (im only 15)

like if you could list good parts

like amd 5200+ or  intel 6600? thanks everyone ;]

--JpR--
both of the companies are equally terrible because theyre owned by the same person. and as for the cpu question DEFINENTLY get the e6600. its wayyy better.
#22 Posted by Koinuboy (3447 posts) -
Does anyone know of a place where you can buy CPUs already overclocked?
#23 Posted by Deamon321 (1568 posts) -
Does anyone know of a place where you can buy CPUs already overclocked?Koinuboy
i think that certain ones come pre OCed but i know for a fact that one of gateways high end machines comes with a pre overclocked quad core which would probably mean thattheyre other ones mite too.
#24 Posted by Staryoshi87 (12743 posts) -
I didnt have the option to build my own, so I went with cyberpower. My friends have had nothing but good things to say about Cyberpower and they've been given excellent customer service, so perhaps you naysayers are making it up or didn't read the fine print...just imo.
#25 Posted by Deamon321 (1568 posts) -
I didnt have the option to build my own, so I went with cyberpower. My friends have had nothing but good things to say about Cyberpower and they've been given excellent customer service, so perhaps you naysayers are making it up or didn't read the fine print...just imo.Staryoshi87
did u see what i wrote? they are supposed to fix something when its sent to me broken and they refuse to. someone with some time would prolly open up a lawsuit.
#26 Posted by --JpR-- (394 posts) -
yoshi tell me how your cyberpc experience goes k? cause yea i want to know...and if i do make my own should i ouy the parts from frys? they usually have good deals in the ads... or should i buy a brand name (dell, hp, gateway) and just upgrade the GPU?????
#28 Posted by Koinuboy (3447 posts) -
I meant just overclocked CPUs.  I don't want it already in a PC.  I want it as a part for building.
#29 Posted by Dracunos (1154 posts) -
ibuypower gave my friend a decent laptop, I guess.. But it's like.. So amazingly easy to build your own PC. Some stuff is annoying, but most stuff is hard to get wrong, and most of it won't even plug in the wrong way if you tried :p
#30 Posted by muppet1010 (5812 posts) -
Neither, they are both the worst computer companies on earth.dixiee
LOL I think DELL would have something to say about that... lol