I wish Devil May Cry comes for PC

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ryukenishidaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ryukenishidaa
Member since 2010 • 63 Posts
Hello to all members, im a newbie. I really wish that Devil May Cry (as shown in TGS) could released in PC too. I think its a promising game and I would love to buy it as soon as it appears on PC. Good day to all gamers!
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts
I think Devil may cray 4 sold really poorly on PC or something
badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts
Ninja Theory is not a PC developer so i doubt it will come to PC.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Well, after dmc4 i completly lost interest in the series and now they decided to reboot it. What can i say? chances of it coming to pc rely completly in the company that develops/publish it.
Nino_ze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Nino_ze
Member since 2008 • 368 Posts
I hope not, it's going to be a port, like 79% of all console exclusive games.
mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts
I hope not, it's going to be a port, like 79% of all console exclusive games.Nino_ze
Have you even played DMC4 to talk trash? The game ran really well they increased the graphics and added DX10, i hardly call that a port. Capcom have done well by PC gamers up until recently. I think they are gonna turn into an anti PC platform like UBi and start blaming pirates all the time.
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

[QUOTE="Nino_ze"]I hope not, it's going to be a port, like 79% of all console exclusive games.mattuk69
Have you even played DMC4 to talk trash? The game ran really well they increased the graphics and added DX10, i hardly call that a port. Capcom have done well by PC gamers up until recently. I think they are gonna turn into an anti PC platform like UBi and start blaming pirates all the time.

I think dead rising 2 is doing well enough. A dmc game could work much better on pc, if they used the keyboard a bit better.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dakan45

[QUOTE="mattuk69"][QUOTE="Nino_ze"]I hope not, it's going to be a port, like 79% of all console exclusive games.TerrorRizzing

I think dead rising 2 is doing well enough. A dmc game could work much better on pc, if they used the keyboard a bit better.

Speaking of which, i heard it runs like crap.
flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

Looking at how Ninja Theory butchered Dante, i'll just stick with DMC4.

And even if it did have a PC version, I sincerely doubt that UE3 would be able to render as much enemies as you would see in the Legendary Dark Knight difficulty from DMC4.

Empirefrtw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Empirefrtw
Member since 2006 • 1324 Posts

It runs max smoothly on my 5730m in my laptop so I don't think that is crap.

Nino_ze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nino_ze
Member since 2008 • 368 Posts
[QUOTE="Nino_ze"]I hope not, it's going to be a port, like 79% of all console exclusive games.mattuk69

I'm not saying about graphics, but of controls, which are not perfectly adjusted for PC,
GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts
Hello to all members, im a newbie. I really wish that Devil May Cry (as shown in TGS) could released in PC too. I think its a promising game and I would love to buy it as soon as it appears on PC. Good day to all gamers!ryukenishidaa
More a blog post than a topic title but ok... TBH didn't like DMC4 - only the main character and his personallity; I wish Castlevania Lord of Shadow wouldn't be canceled :)
Hakkai007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hakkai007
Member since 2005 • 4905 Posts

Empirefrtw

Do you have the blur effect on?

That is what really slows the game when you are in certain areas.

gillri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gillri
Member since 2004 • 5926 Posts

Hello to all members, im a newbie. I really wish that Devil May Cry (as shown in TGS) could released in PC too. I think its a promising game and I would love to buy it as soon as it appears on PC. Good day to all gamers!ryukenishidaa

I would have thought you should be wanting PC versions of Castlevania, Enslaved or Vanquish, all 3 games are at the very worst 'good games and they are all out this month'

kaspar1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 kaspar1313
Member since 2009 • 117 Posts

If the demand is high the developers will bring Devil May Cry for the PC.

rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
[QUOTE="TerrorRizzing"]

[QUOTE="mattuk69"] Have you even played DMC4 to talk trash? The game ran really well they increased the graphics and added DX10, i hardly call that a port. Capcom have done well by PC gamers up until recently. I think they are gonna turn into an anti PC platform like UBi and start blaming pirates all the time.dakan45

It doesn't.
pilouuuu2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 pilouuuu2004
Member since 2004 • 1075 Posts
I don't care all that much after they said they're not releasing Super Street Fighter IV on PC. They stopped being cool and became dull for me.
Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts

Just watch Twilight, it'll be pretty much the same thing

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TerrorRizzing

[QUOTE="TerrorRizzing"]

[QUOTE="mattuk69"] Have you even played DMC4 to talk trash? The game ran really well they increased the graphics and added DX10, i hardly call that a port. Capcom have done well by PC gamers up until recently. I think they are gonna turn into an anti PC platform like UBi and start blaming pirates all the time.dakan45

runs great for me as long as I leave the motion blur effects off, which I didn't like anyway. I got it running at 1080p and 8xaa just fine though with my 4890.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TerrorRizzing
I don't care all that much after they said they're not releasing Super Street Fighter IV on PC. They stopped being cool and became dull for me.pilouuuu2004
I dont think it would sell well on pc, I mean it should of been a free update not another game. Capcom are a japanese publisher, and therefore console focused. Im happy that most of their best games come to pc now though, its really a sign of the times and how things have really gotten multiplatform.
Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
[QUOTE="TerrorRizzing"]

It runs better on PC than it does on Consoles. But that isn't saying much.
RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

Since you are interested in hack & slash games, there's an indie iranian title coming up (probably) this year: Garshasp

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
Looks like ass, they butchered the old character's appearance, changed the music, and it appears they are using the extendo sword mechanic similar to god of war instead of keeping it similar to Devil May Cry.
warmaster670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 warmaster670
Member since 2004 • 4699 Posts

[QUOTE="TerrorRizzing"]

I heard it kicks you in the balls when you try to play it.

Isnt hearsay fun?

pilouuuu2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 pilouuuu2004
Member since 2004 • 1075 Posts
[QUOTE="pilouuuu2004"]I don't care all that much after they said they're not releasing Super Street Fighter IV on PC. They stopped being cool and became dull for me.TerrorRizzing
I dont think it would sell well on pc, I mean it should of been a free update not another game. Capcom are a japanese publisher, and therefore console focused. Im happy that most of their best games come to pc now though, its really a sign of the times and how things have really gotten multiplatform.

If I'm right Street Fighter IV was quite successful on the PC and how hard would it be to convert SSFIV to PC if it's made in Taito Arcade which is basically a PC for a few extra bucks? They could even sell it cheaper than the first one and they would still be getting money which I think is the whole point for them. Really, why prefer no money than some easy money? I'm glad some Capcom games are coming to PC, but I'm not so sure this trend will continue, although it would be nice to have more Capcom games on PC.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#26 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

Mattuk is correct...not only did Capcom optimize DMC 4 for DX 10, but they optimized it for 64-bit Windows as well.

Runs quite well, in fact.

Empirefrtw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Empirefrtw

[QUOTE="Empirefrtw"]

Hakkai007

Do you have the blur effect on?

That is what really slows the game when you are in certain areas.

Yep everything on at 4x aa runs fine of course I am running it at 1366x768 but then again this card is less powerful then a 4850 hd which is cheap and that should run it fine at the higher resolutions.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="TerrorRizzing"] I think dead rising 2 is doing well enough. A dmc game could work much better on pc, if they used the keyboard a bit better.

kieranb2000

So having hundreds of foes on-screen and cutscenes with superior framerates on the PC isn't saying much?

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dakan45

It runs max smoothly on my 5730m in my laptop so I don't think that is crap.Empirefrtw

Dead rising 2? That is damn impressive.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dakan45

[QUOTE="kieranb2000"][QUOTE="dakan45"] Speaking of which, i heard it runs like crap.flashn00b

So having hundreds of foes on-screen and cutscenes with superior framerates on the PC isn't saying much?

Well its not exactly impressive graphically, so if it runs well on very good hardware that does not say much. (Since they are miles superior that consoles and should run well anyawy ) But maxed out on 5730m is damn impressive.
Empirefrtw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Empirefrtw

Yeah it is I thought for sure that it would be too much for my laptop but it works great which is nice for the type of game it is when you feel like smashing some zombie head in while relaxing on the couch.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
Just play DARKSIDERS... I found it so better than DMC 4. Try it was awesome.
Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts

[QUOTE="kieranb2000"][QUOTE="dakan45"] Speaking of which, i heard it runs like crap.flashn00b

I was implying that the PC version runs better than the console version, but both run badly.
555SSOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

#34 555SSOO
Member since 2008 • 1873 Posts

grdsfg

Someone had to do it..

ryukenishidaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ryukenishidaa
Member since 2010 • 63 Posts
Well, I guess we learnedthat Devil May Cry 4 on Pc was a bad port...
mariokata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mariokata
Member since 2009 • 75 Posts

No super street fighter for Pc ??? well piracy is the best excuse for Failure.

but really some companies know nothing about running and operate in a business environment. their press release was rather ridiculus. not releasing because sf4 was No1 pirated game and no steam release because it's not fair for people who dont have access??? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING PEOPLE ??You are creating a bad imagefor your company.

i purchased many of your titles back in 2009 - 2010but i dont know if i will follow this year

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dakan45

No super street fighter for Pc ??? well piracy is the best excuse for Failure.

but really some companies know nothing about running and operate in a business environment. their press release was rather ridiculus. not releasing because sf4 was No1 pirated game and no steam release because it's not fair for people who dont have access??? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING PEOPLE ??You are creating a bad imagefor your company.

i purchased many of your titles back in 2009 - 2010but i dont know if i will follow this year

mariokata
The stupidity of game companies is amazing. So they decide to releae street fighter on pc and suprisingly they were satysfied with the sales despite being a weak genre on the pc. However they are not releasing super street fighter because of high piracy downloads :shock: Are you freaking kidding me? If every gamedeveloper looked on the downloads rather been happy with the sales, pc would have no games. Pirates are not gonna buy the console version because they dont make a pc version. From what i know games are pirated first on the x360. Come on capcom, tell the truth, you did not release street fighter on pc to sell it, you released it to blame pirates and suprisingly it sold very well but you used the excuse anyway. I wonder what is next, blamming pirates again for the horrible lost planet 2 not selling on pc? A game that did not do well neither on consoles.
face_ripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 face_ripper
Member since 2010 • 968 Posts
DMC games are fit for the keyboard and mouse, DMC is more of a contorller game if you see what i mean.
isaacyassar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 isaacyassar
Member since 2010 • 37 Posts
[QUOTE="mattuk69"][QUOTE="Nino_ze"]I hope not, it's going to be a port, like 79% of all console exclusive games.Nino_ze

I'm not saying about graphics, but of controls, which are not perfectly adjusted for PC,

If you can't use keyboard to play DMC well, it's your flaw mate, not the game. I beat DMD (Dante Must Die) level and I can do every single special attack in the game with keyboard. I prefer keyboard over gamepad, and I've tried both.
STOCKMAN22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 STOCKMAN22
Member since 2010 • 415 Posts

I have good news i sent a private message to Christian Svenson (CEO of capcom ) at capcom unity forums and asked him if there are any plans for pc version and he told me that he is pushing for it to happen! There are not plans yet but he is trying to convice capcom to release it on pc too. Sven has some power in capcom so i hope that he succes! wish good luck to him. It is Capcom Japan that hates the pc, capcom usa is big pc supportwrs but capcom japan is against the pc.

erdemn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 erdemn
Member since 2010 • 213 Posts
Play dmc3, its on PC as well and is the best dmc game imo. Just don't forget the patches.
M3tr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

#42 M3tr4nk0
Member since 2008 • 889 Posts

DMC games are fit for the keyboard and mouse, DMC is more of a contorller game if you see what i mean.face_ripper

No big deal, just use a gamepad.

Actually, Gamespot has a game page for the PC version of the next DMC.

STOCKMAN22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 STOCKMAN22

[QUOTE="face_ripper"]DMC games are fit for the keyboard and mouse, DMC is more of a contorller game if you see what i mean.M3tr4nk0

No big deal, just use a gamepad.

Actually, Gamespot has a game page for the PC version of the next DMC.

gamespot has DMC game page for pc version but capcom has not confirmed it yet.

some good news however is this

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/26207121/Dead_Rising_2_PC_Sales

Capcom CEO Cristian Svenson said that Dead Rising 2 sold well on pc which is also hack n slash!

Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Blazed
Member since 2005 • 2947 Posts

[QUOTE="Nino_ze"][QUOTE="mattuk69"] Have you even played DMC4 to talk trash? The game ran really well they increased the graphics and added DX10, i hardly call that a port. Capcom have done well by PC gamers up until recently. I think they are gonna turn into an anti PC platform like UBi and start blaming pirates all the time.isaacyassar

If you can't use keyboard to play DMC well, it's your flaw mate, not the game. I beat DMD (Dante Must Die) level and I can do every single special attack in the game with keyboard. I prefer keyboard over gamepad, and I've tried both.

Noob No offense. :)

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#45 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
Ninja Theory is now doing it and their last game Enslaved aint on PC (different publisher though). Considering the developer, I bet it will be focused more on narrative, presentation and spectacle rather than stylish, challenging action and gameplay. But yeah I prefer gamepad for these types of games, it feels more fluid, the learning curve of mapped controls arent as steep and my logitech keyboard is quite noisy for inputs..
face_ripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 face_ripper
Member since 2010 • 968 Posts
DMC games never work out for the keyboard, too much tapping.
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

DMC4 runs beautifully(pc), but the new 'dmc' more like twilight may cry... I hate what they've done to it.

Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Animatronic64
Member since 2010 • 3971 Posts

DmC has been announced for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Microsoft Windows.

STOCKMAN22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 STOCKMAN22

Ninja Theory is now doing it and their last game Enslaved aint on PC (different publisher though). Considering the developer, I bet it will be focused more on narrative, presentation and spectacle rather than stylish, challenging action and gameplay. But yeah I prefer gamepad for these types of games, it feels more fluid, the learning curve of mapped controls arent as steep and my logitech keyboard is quite noisy for inputs..illmatic87

Namco is the publisher of Enslaved and Namco has never released any game on pc. But most capcom games are on pc so if capcom wants it to be released on pc ninja theory will port it. Did you read my post yesterday? i sent a private message to Christian Svenson and asked him about plans for pc version of DMC. He said that he is pushing for the pc version to happen, but capcom has not decided it yet. However since it uses the unreal 3 engine it will be very easy to be ported to pc .

STOCKMAN22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 STOCKMAN22

Capcom is back to the pc ! Yesterday they announced 3 new games for the pc. SSF4 AE Dead Rising 2 off Road and SFVSTeken. But there is another big game coming from capcom DMC5 that has not announced for pc yet. So let show our support for pc version of it by posting in this thread

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/26687369/Devil_May_Cry_5_on_PC_Show_your_Support!

I am sure we will be able to convice capcom to release it on pc too like we did with SF4 AE and Street fighter vs teken.Now go people go and post there!!