I want to get another 27" IPS QHD monitor that I can stand vertically, or something close to it.

#1 Edited by Ezekiel43 (1709 posts) -

Help would be appreciated. I would like to be able to watch taller pictures on my table, without having to zoom in. I'm having trouble finding a QHD monitor with great color and a desk mount that won't get in the way of my right speaker. I don't want to push the monitor I have to the side, because that will ruin immersion when I'm playing games. This is my setup:

#2 Posted by pyro1245 (5158 posts) -

Oooo. I have that ASUS monitor at work. Amazing picture and awesome frame. I wish it had a VESA mount soooo bad. I know you can buy an adapter but it looks janky.

I totally agree with you - keep your favorite monitor directly in front and put the other off to the side. You don't want a bezel in the center or a sore neck.

At home: I have my GSYNC monitor in the center, a BENQ 27" IPS WQHD on the left side, and a vertical 24" 1080p IPS on the right side. I wish the vertical 24" were WQHD as well.

The BENQ is a GW2765. It has a great picture. While I don't have them side by side, I bet the ASUS is bighter, but they are both very good displays. You can probably find the BENQ for ~$250.

#3 Posted by Horgen (120916 posts) -

You can get your own mount for it. Gas arm perhaps, or a wall mount.

#4 Posted by Howmakewood (5952 posts) -

Dell UltraSharp U2719D

#5 Edited by Ezekiel43 (1709 posts) -

@howmakewood said:

Dell UltraSharp U2719D

@pyro1245 said:

The BENQ is a GW2765. It has a great picture. While I don't have them side by side, I bet the ASUS is bighter, but they are both very good displays. You can probably find the BENQ for ~$250.

Doesn't look like they're gonna provide enough clearance for the speaker. Might just have to go with a VESA enabled one.

Edit: Wait, it looks like there's an arm mount available for the U2719D. Will have to look when I get back from work.

#6 Edited by Ezekiel43 (1709 posts) -

Decided to go with the U2717D, the model preceding the U2719D, mainly because Amazon charges tax on the new one but not the old one.

The arm I ordered: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078455485

Didn't realize the U27s just have a standard 100x100 VESA connection.

Thanks, all.