i want to buy one new monitor curve Ultrawide 34-35 size.

• 58 results
yhyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 yhyyy
Member since 2018 • 87 Posts

helo.. i want to buy one new monitor curve Ultrawide 34-35 size. i want this monitor to have good panel good colors, good refresh rate and g.,syng..

i have some monitors but i dont know from all these which is the best

and for this reason i want your help

the monitors are

Acer Predator X34P

Samsung CHG90

Asus Rog Strix XG35VQ

Acer Predator Z35P

Acer Predator X34A

Dell Alienware AW3418DW

Asus Rog Swift PG348Q

which monitor are you suggested me to buy?? i want to help and to give me very analyze imformation because i want to buy one very good monitor..

the links are

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/alienware-aw3418dw-monitor,review-4983.html

https://www.skroutz.gr/s/14239423/Acer-Predator-X34P.html

https://www.skroutz.gr/s/8417369/Asus-Rog-Swift-PG348Q.html

https://www.skroutz.gr/s/13633700/Asus-Rog-Strix-XG35VQ.html?keyphrase=Asus+Rog+Strix+XG35VQ

Acer Predator Z35P

https://www.skroutz.gr/s/8457977/Acer-Predator-Z35P.html

https://www.skroutz.gr/s/10648255/Acer-Predator-X34A.html

my budget is 1400 euros the maxinum that i can give

i want one monitor for games and also i am playing all the kind of games.//.

ReplyQuoteFull EditEditDelete

yhyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 yhyyy

which monitor are you suggested me to buy?? i want to help and to give me very analyze imformation because i want to buy one very good monitor..

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

User Lists: 0

#3 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17801 Posts

I will copy and paste my reply from the other thread in the PC forum...

I was in the same situation and went for the Alienware AW3418DW. It is a great monitor.

These guys know their shit and they said it is the best of the bunch....

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_alienware_aw3418dw.htm

You can find it on sale for less than $1000 USD.

yhyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By yhyyy

you have it??

how is in the games and movies?? do you believe is better from Acer Predator X34P?

also do you believe that http://www.tftcentral.co.uk is the best for reviews for monitors??

yhyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By yhyyy

i mean if i will buy will this monitor do you believe that will last me for 5 years??

or i will have to update again after 5 yeaRS WHEN HDR WILL BE LESS COST//??

TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS FOR THIS MONITOR?? WHICH YOU HAVE>??>

i dont know if its worth to wait some months to see if they will be new monitors

do you believe its wortH to wait for some months?>?>

also i have heard that in this year

X35 that's coming

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-series/predatorx35

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BassMan

@yhyyy: TFTcentral is a well respected site that does serious hardware reviews. They have been around for a long time and are very detailed and cover all aspects. That being said, it is always best to gather information from multiple sources before deciding which monitor is best.

To be honest, I don't watch many movies on my monitor, but I did try some and it was nice not having the letterbox bars on the screen. However, I get this same effect when watching movies on my OLED TV (my main movie screen) in the dark as the pixels turn off for perfect blacks.

Gaming is amazing on the Alienware AW3418DW. The 21:9 aspect ratio definitely adds to the immersion and enjoyment. It overclocks to 120hz (100hz native) with no noticeable ghosting or input lag. Colour reproduction is very good, but the contrast ratio is not as good as VA panels. However, VA panels have poor pixel response, so you get annoying ghosting or smearing of the image. My biggest issue is the IPS glow which is somewhat noticeable in dark scenes when sitting close to it. This is a fault of IPS and not the monitor itself. This is also more of mental thing as it rarely distracts me now that I am no longer analyzing my monitor and am just enjoying it. Backlight bleeding is also better than many of the competing models. Mine has minimal backlight bleed.

The up and coming HDR monitors will be too expensive (around $2000 USD) and only feature HDR10 and not HDR10+ or Dolby Vision. So, they can not do dynamic HDR. You are better off waiting for a fully featured HDR monitor in the future that will be better and cheaper than these first gen ones. While waiting, you can enjoy one of the quality SDR monitors currently available which are much cheaper. That is what I am doing. My monitor puts a smile on my face everyday. :)

I fully recommend the Alienware AW3418DW without hesitation. It is a great monitor and it is the best of the 3440x1440 monitors available today.

Here is mine...

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@BassMan:

A VA panel the other day I seen had color reproduction that was as good as my 5 year old old IPS, but the pixel response with transitioning from dark areas and crushing blacks was bad and annoying.....

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BassMan

@04dcarraher said:

@BassMan:

A VA panel the other day I seen had color reproduction that was as good as my 5 year old old IPS, but the pixel response with transitioning from dark areas and crushing blacks was bad and annoying.....

Yeah, every panel type has its flaws and there is no one perfect panel tech. For me, dealing with IPS glow and lower contrast is better than having to deal with the ghosting of VA which is super distracting and immersion breaking. The black crush is less than ideal too. The new HDR panels coming out are also VA. That is another reason to skip them. However, the tech keeps improving and they might be badass VA panels. The full array back lighting and 200hz refresh rate is pretty sexy too.

That price though... hehe :)

yhyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By yhyyy

i have one last question and i want to tell me your thoughts...

if i buy Alienware AW3418DW do you believe that it will last me 5 years.>?/ i mean after 5 yeaRS WILL I HAVE TO UPDATE AGAIN THE Alienware AW3418DW??

I MEAN the Alienware AW3418DW will can handle the upcoming generatations of gpus?? in resolution 3440 x 1440?? i dont say 4k..

i am saying only for the resolutions 3440 x 1440?

because one person told me that Alienware AW3418DW will can handle 3 years mininum..

look if to buy one monitor 1000 eyros for to last me only 3 years itsn not worth>>

for this reason i am asking to tell me your opinion .. please??

also do you believe that Alienware AW3418DW is better from Acer Predator X34P?//

also can you tell me something please??

what is the purpose when one monitor has 100hz native or 120 hz panel?

i mean if one panel has 200 hz what is the use of it??

can you explain me please??

i mean do you believe that when one ips panel is 100hz native or 120 hz is enough for games?>? or you believe with 200 hz would be better??

ALSO YOU SAID THAT contrast ratio is not as good IN ALIENWare>>

when you mean that contrast ratio is not very good at all>> ?? you mean that isnot very good at all ?? or you cant see alot diference?>?

can you answere me in all these questios please>? my friend>>??

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

I used to have a 31" PC monitor, yes that is true a 31" and what I can tell you is that given how close it is, much is outside your peripheral vision anyway and if you want that kind of 'surround experience' is better (and cheaper) to go VR.

I think 24" is the idea size given how a person ends up focused anyway

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BassMan

@yhyyy:

Yes, the AW3418DW will last you 5 years. It will be compatible with all future GPUs in the next 5 years and there is nothing to worry about. The only thing that the AW3418DW is lacking is HDR. It has a good resolution, good image quality, high refresh rate, G-Sync, low input lag, and no noticeable ghosting.

Technology is always advancing and there is always something better coming out. It is up to each individual to decide when they want to upgrade to something new. I can tell you that this first generation of HDR 3440x1440 monitors will be a waste of money because they will be very expensive and won't have dynamic HDR support. So, there is no point in waiting for them as you will want to upgrade them when the fully featured HDR monitors come out in the future.

So, now is a good time to buy a quality SDR monitor as there is no worthwhile HDR monitor that has been announced for the near future.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BassMan

@tryit said:

I used to have a 31" PC monitor, yes that is true a 31" and what I can tell you is that given how close it is, much is outside your peripheral vision anyway and if you want that kind of 'surround experience' is better (and cheaper) to go VR.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TryIt

@BassMan said:
@tryit said:

yeah actually it is compared to these wide screens.

what I had was a 31" regular screen before the wide screens came out.

might want to watch Linus Tech tips on this issue though, if the game is not built for it, it could end up a worse experience.

yhyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By yhyyy

also do you believe that Alienware AW3418DW is better from Acer Predator X34P?//

also can you tell me something please??

i mean do you believe that when one ips panel is 100hz native or 120 hz is enough for games?>? or you believe with 200 hz would be better??

when you mean that contrast ratio is not very good at all>> ?? you mean that isnot very good at all ?? or you cant see alot diference?>?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BassMan

@tryit: So far, all the games I have played either support the 21:9 aspect ratio or can be modded to support it. Worst case scenario is that you play at 16:9 with black bars on the sides. In this situation, the size of the image will still be the same as a regular 16:9 monitor.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TryIt

@BassMan said:

@tryit: So far, all the games I have played either support the 21:9 aspect ratio or can be modded to support it. Worst case scenario is that you play at 16:9 with black bars on the sides. In this situation, the size of the image will still be the same as a regular 16:9 monitor.

could be cool.

plus the prices are reasonable. I paid $1800 for that 34" non-wide screen monitor.

my interest is sparked

yhyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 yhyyy

can you tell me please/?

because you havent aswered me in these things please??

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BassMan

@yhyyy:

The higher the refresh rate, the better. It means that the monitor is capable of displaying the higher frame rate.

Anything 100hz or higher is very good. Keep in mind that you need a very powerful computer to play games at high frame rates at that resolution.

The contrast ratio on the Alienware is still good, but it is an IPS panel which are usually around 1000:1 contrast ratio. VA panels usually have a contrast ratio of 2000:1 or more. So, you get deeper blacks with the VA.

The AW is a very good monitor. I am very picky about quality and I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't feel it was worth it. I like to buy the best.

yhyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By yhyyy

because i dont understand this you mean

the monitor is capable of displaying the higher frame rate.??

what you mean with this?? can you analyze me please this??

also you said that you need a very powerful computer to play games at high frame rates at that resolution.?

i have one 4770k in 4.5 overclocked?? can my cpu handle this??

yhyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By yhyyy

i cant understand these 100hz native or 120 hz ..

100 or 120 or 200 hz is about how much fps max you can get with gpu and your monitor??

i mean the use of 100 or 120 or 200 hz is for better grafigs?? or is for fps only?>?

yhyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By yhyyy

i mean these 140 and 200 hz is one marketing??

the eye can see the difference between 140 and 200 hz?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BassMan

@yhyyy: The maximum fps that you can actually see is tied to the monitor's refresh rate. So, if you have a 60hz monitor and can run a game at 100fps, your monitor is only showing 60fps. If you had a 100hz monitor, it would show the full 100fps. So, the higher the resfresh rate, the more you benefit from high fps. Once you get to 100hz and higher, it is harder to tell the difference because it is already very smooth. There is a benefit of going to the really high refresh rates like 200hz, but once you are around 100hz, it already feels good enough for most people. However, going from 60hz to 100/120hz is very noticeable and feels much better.

Your 4770K is still pretty good for delivering high frame rates. It may be a bottleneck on some more complex games when trying to achieve high frame rates. Your GPU will be the biggest factor with the resolution of the monitor. 3440x1440 is demanding.

yhyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By yhyyy

do yoy believe that my 4770k will last for 2 yeaARS>?>?#

I MEAN WHEN DO YOU BELIEVE THAT I WILL HAVE TO UPDATE MY 4770K IN ANOTHER??

CAN YOU TELL ME PLEASE??

I MEAN FOR TO PLAY GAMES FOR THE NEXT 2 YEARS WILL IT BE GOOD??

OR I WILL HAVE TO UPDATE MY 4770K IN 1 OR 2 YEARS?>...

BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE SAID THAT THE NEW GAMES WANTS 6700K AND 8700K././ AND 6 CORES And 8 cores

for this i am asking when do you believe that i will to update my 4770k??

also can i ask you something>?>?

you know alot of things for technology

i mean you have a very big experience ..

do you work in company?? are you programmer??

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BassMan

@yhyyy said:

do yoy believe that my 4770k will last for 2 yeaARS>?>?#

I MEAN WHEN DO YOU BELIEVE THAT I WILL HAVE TO UPDATE MY 4770K IN ANOTHER??

CAN YOU TELL ME PLEASE??

It will still be good for another 2 years. I think you should consider upgrading your CPU when the new consoles release around 2020/2021. They will be receiving a much needed CPU upgrade and this will increase the requirements for a lot of games as they will become more advanced.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BassMan

@yhyyy said:

also can i ask you something>?>?

you know alot of things for technology

i mean you have a very big experience ..

do you work in company?? are you programmer??

I have been a gamer and technology enthusiast for many years. So, I have learned a lot as technology has evolved. The great thing is that it is easier than ever to learn with the internet. There is so much information and a lot of people to help you.

yhyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By yhyyy

so when i will go to update after 2 years will you suggested me when the time comes one very good cpu ,,, motherboard and memory ddr4??

so what is better to update my cpu motherboard and ddr in 2021?? or earlier??

yhyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 yhyyy

also do you have skype to speak??

yhyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 yhyyy

also i have bought before 2 days 2 hardisks black westen digital 6 tB

do you these hardisks which i have bouight are very good??

i mean do you believe that black westen digital 6 tB are better from baraguda pro 6 and 8 tb?>?>

yhyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 yhyyy

also do you beleive that alienware is better from ACER PREDATOR X34P IPS CURVED LED MONITOR 34"??https://www.quickshop.gr/ProductDetails.aspx?product=370D6177-7D22-403F-AEAD-FC26C64328D3

in all the terms??

why some people say say that ACER PREDATOR X34P is better from alienware?

yhyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 yhyyy

can you aswere me in all these these questions please??

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BassMan

@yhyyy: You will need to change your motherboard and RAM when you change your CPU. You should never buy the motherboard and RAM before deciding on the CPU as the parts may not be compatible. People will be able to help you when the time comes.

Your hard drives are good. I don't pay too much attention to hard drive performance. All I care about is that they are reliable. They are all slow compared to SSD anyway.

Yes, I do believe the Alienware is better than the Acer, but they are both good. Everybody has preferences. I believe the quality control is better with the Alienware. I also prefer the design of it.

I have no interest in speaking with you on Skype. I have already helped you plenty.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@BassMan: You have the patience of a saint lol.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BassMan
@appariti0n said:

@BassMan: You have the patience of a saint lol.

Yeah, I like to help out the noobs, but it was getting to be a bit much.

yhyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 yhyyy

my friend i ask my apologizes

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BassMan

@yhyyy said:

my friend i ask my apologizes

It's okay. You are spending a lot of money and want to make sure that you are buying the right product. I know it can be overwhelming learning about the technology and features if you are not familiar with them.

yhyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 yhyyy

so is better to buy the Dell Alienware AW3418DW because itsnt worth to buy hdr panels if they will come in somemonths and for the prize and also that it will be beta am i corect my friend??

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BassMan

@yhyyy: Correct.

Eurogamer/Digital Foundry just released an article for best gaming monitors and they also awarded the AW3418DW as the best ultrawide gaming monitor.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-09-04-best-gaming-monitor-7003

yhyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By yhyyy

now i have one question and i dont know what to do.. to wait or to buy?? new vga card

as i told you in some months i will buy Dell Alienware AW3418DW but also i will buy one new vga card

now i have one gtx 780 but my question is what is happening with the new rtx gtx 2080 and 2080 ti.

i mean most people say that the rtx gtx 2080 and 2080 ti. are not worth for the prize and performace.. i dont know if there are benchmarks for these cards

also some people say that these rtx is like a beta version and if you put it on you will have 30 fps..

can you give me somedetails about rtx gtx 2080 and 2080 ti ?? please//?? i mean is it worth to buy ?? i mean is it posible that nvdia will release 3070 and 3080 ? after 1 year??

i dont know what to do?>?>

some people say that the 2080 and 2080ti has only 25 perfomance better from 1080 and 1080 ti.. i dont know because i dont have time for to read for the new technology

also rtx is it worth?? is in beta??? will inprove in the next 3080 and 3070??

what good brings the new 2080 and 2080 ti??

also i told you i have one gtx 780 now../

so tell me what to do>?. please?#

i see alot of negatives for gtx 2080 and 2080 ti..

we havent seen yet bechmarks from these cards.

also if i will buy 2080 ti for how long will last me for to play games with AW3418DW in ultra settings>?>

some people told me to buy 1080 ti and not 2080 ti but why to buy one gtx 1080 ti which has 2 years already..????

can you give some infomartions about 2080 and 2080 ti and tell me what to do>? and which to buy>>??

for this reason i am skeptical and for these reason i dont buy AW3418DW because i dont know what to do??

also what is the DLSS technology>?>? is good or bad>?> is it worth ?? and if in one year will make the new 3080 and 3070??

honest i dont know what to do ..

do we have information when the real benchamarks will come?? for to see the power of 2080 and 2080 ti against 1080 and 1080 ti>??

or maybe the gtx 2080 and 2080 ti is like something experiment ?? or beta version i dont know how to say..

can you aswere me in all these questions please??

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BassMan

@yhyyy:

There will be reviews with benchmarks on September 17 for the RTX 2080 and September 19 for the RTX 2080 Ti. They will go into detail about performance and features and answer a lot of your questions.

Personally, I think ray tracing is not worth it right now as the performance is not there. I think the RTX 2080 Ti is way too expensive and I would not buy it because it is a ripoff.

I think the RTX 2080 would be a good card for you to buy. It should be faster than a GTX 1080 Ti and offer some of the new features. It will be way faster than your GTX 780. It will last you a while and you can always sell it later and put the money towards a future card if you want more performance.

yhyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 yhyyy

if i buy RTX 2080 for how long will last me for ultra games?? from now?>>?

yhyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By yhyyy

SOME PEOPLE TOLD ME TO BUY 1080 TI Is it worth to do this>??>

1080 ti will last 3 years from now?? for ultra gaming>??>

to buy one card which has 2 yeaRS ALREADY ???

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@yhyyy said:

if i buy RTX 2080 for how long will last me for ultra games?? from now?>>?

RTX series are a waste of money for the performance you get. RTX 2080 will be on par with GTX 1080ti at best. GTX 1080ti can be found for $650 now while the 2080 will be $800

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BassMan

@yhyyy:

You are entering enthusiast territory with a 3440x1440 high refresh rate monitor. 3440x1440 at Ultra settings is demanding and you will need to upgrade more frequently if you want to keep high frame rates on all games. Either that or expect to be playing at lower frame rates or lowered settings as the years pass.

You still have a GTX 780 which shows that you do not upgrade very often. So, be prepared to spend the money and not so much focusing on how long a GPU will last if you really want to play at 3440x1440 Ultra for a long time.

yhyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 yhyyy

FOR 3440x1440 at Ultra settings WITH GTX 2080 FOR HOW LONG YOU BELIEVE THAT WILL LAST ,ME?? FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE??> 1 YEAR OR 3 YEARS MAXINUM?? WITH GTX 2080 AND GTX 1080 TI?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BassMan

@yhyyy: RTX 2080 should last you 2 years without much compromise. At that point 3440x1440 Ultra and high frame rates is not going to be realistic for the latest games. There are already games like Ghost Recon: Wildlands that give my GTX 1080 Ti a workout. I have to turn down some settings to maintain a high frame rate. This is a rare case though, and most games are nowhere near as demanding.

yhyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By yhyyy

will i have bottleneck in 3440x1440 with 100hz monitor panel?? with my 4770K??

someone told me this//?? is it true??

and he told me for to not have bottleneck he told me to buy 8700k

also he told me

as for the cpu, 4770k will do fine at 2560x1440 or 3440x1440 60Hz, but for 100Hz you're gonna want the 8700k, would be a shame to bottleneck such powerhouse of a GPU like 1080ti or 2080. 60 fps to 100 fps is a huge improvement, to me it's on par with 30 fps to 60 fps, though 60 is still very playable to me.

if you're getting 1080ti/2080 and 100hz display now, they you'd better not wait 3 years with upgrading cpu.

you're definitely hampering performance of a 1080ti on a high refresh display in some of them. how much is hard to say, it will vary from game to game. it's worth mentioning that fps is not the only factor, when cpu usage is high you're likely to see stutter. that's why it's worth switching from 4c/8t to 8 physical cores.

all these things he told me is it true?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46217 Posts

@yhyyy: I got a 4790K and no bottleneck.

Only thing that could bottleneck at 3440x1440 and 120fps is your graphics card.

yhyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 yhyyy

why they told me

told me

as for the cpu, 4770k will do fine at 2560x1440 or 3440x1440 60Hz, but for 100Hz you're gonna want the 8700k, would be a shame to bottleneck such powerhouse of a GPU like 1080ti or 2080. 60 fps to 100 fps is a huge improvement, to me it's on par with 30 fps to 60 fps, though 60 is still very playable to me.

if you're getting 1080ti/2080 and 100hz display now, they you'd better not wait 3 years with upgrading cpu.

you're definitely hampering performance of a 1080ti on a high refresh display in some of them. how much is hard to say, it will vary from game to game. it's worth mentioning that fps is not the only factor, when cpu usage is high you're likely to see stutter. that's why it's worth switching from 4c/8t to 8 physical cores.

all these things he told me is it true?

It's a difficult situation, It depends what graphics card you have, the 4770K @ 4.5 may hold a 1080Ti back a little, so you may not get 100% performance out of the card but it may well still run your game smooth, then there is the 1080, quite possibly not held back by the CPU, the question at this point you should be asking members is do they think a 1080 will run smooth on the monitor, for me looking at costs versus performance if the answer is yes then personally I would go with the 1080 simply because you are more likely to get 100% out of that card with your CPU...…. does that make sense?

what card do you have>??