I want to build a PC soon and what do i need to run Crysis on high?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xmen1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 xmen1414
Member since 2006 • 1948 Posts

I want my Pc to be able to run Crysis on high with no lags perfect. I want every game out there to work and maby not have to up grade my PC for like 2 years.

What do i need and how much might it be if you have an idea.

Domobomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Domobomb
Member since 2004 • 1914 Posts
What's your budget?
xmen1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xmen1414

What's your budget?Domobomb

$800-$1200

chandlerr_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: -2

#4 chandlerr_360
Member since 2006 • 5078 Posts

At least a 3.0ghz dual core (I reccomend AMD, since Intel is falling through the cracks right now), 2GB of DDR 2 RAM, Windows XP, and either the new ATI Radeon HD3870 X2 which is going for about $500 right now, or the new Nvidia 9800 which is coming out soon. Not too mention for these extremely powerful cards you will need a good, cool case and at least a 680 watt PSU.

Crysis is the most demanding game to run in history at its highest settings. If you already have a monitor + keyboard + mouse, than you might be able to afford a good enough PC. Use as many parts from you old PC as you can, namely your Hard Drive, CD Drive, and Case if it's big enough and well-vented.

Avatar image for Uberbadassmufuh
Uberbadassmufuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Uberbadassmufuh
Member since 2004 • 1006 Posts

I want my Pc to be able to run Crysis on high with no lags perfect. I want every game out there to work and maby not have to up grade my PC for like 2 years.

xmen1414

High settings in XP or Very High in Vista? On your budget the high in XP is totally doable but I don't see very high in vista happening unless you have quite a bit of hardware to transfer over.

Uberbadassmufuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Uberbadassmufuh

At least a 3.0ghz dual core (I reccomend AMD, since Intel is falling through the cracks right now), 2GB of DDR 2 RAM, Windows XP, and either the new ATI Radeon HD3870 X2 which is going for about $500 right now, or the new Nvidia 9800 which is coming out soon. Not too mention for these extremely powerful cards you will need a good, cool case and at least a 680 watt PSU.

Crysis is the most demanding game to run in history at its highest settings. If you already have a monitor + keyboard + mouse, than you might be able to afford a good enough PC. Use as many parts from you old PC as you can, namely your Hard Drive, CD Drive, and Case if it's big enough and well-vented.

chandlerr_360

I don't know about needing 3Ghz dual core for crysis, I'm running an e6700 (only 2x2.66Ghz) and even with my 8800s I've never bottlenecked at CPU, always at the GPU level.

Arnalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Arnalion
Member since 2006 • 3316 Posts

chandlerr_360

Why recommend AMD when Intel has better bang for the buck?

Get a Q6600, 4GB RAM (for future Vista usage), 8800GTS 512MB and a Corsair 550W PSU (outputs 40A on 12V).
Don't get the new 9800GTX (just G92 on steroids) since it will be expensive and won't have much better performance than the 8800GTS, 8800GTX and 8800ULTRA cards.

Will you overclock the components?

[QUOTE="xmen1414"]

Uberbadassmufuh

High settings in XP or Very High in Vista? On your budget the high in XP is totally doable but I don't see very high in vista happening unless you have quite a bit of hardware to transfer over.

You do know that very high settings can be unlocked in XP right?

chandlerr_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chandlerr_360
[QUOTE="chandlerr_360"]

Arnalion

Get a Q6600, 4GB RAM (for future Vista usage), 8800GTS 512MB and a Corsair 550W PSU (outputs 40A on 12V).
Don't get the new 9800GTX (just G92 on steroids) since it will be expensive and won't have much better performance than the 8800GTS, 8800GTX and 8800ULTRA cards.

[QUOTE="xmen1414"]

Uberbadassmufuh

Too bad that Intel is doing VERY BAD financially right now. Intel and Citibank are pretty much expected to be the next Enron on Wall Street. Unless you care nothing about customer service and support within the next 2-3 years, then go with AMD.

Trilvester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Trilvester
Member since 2003 • 1857 Posts
How can you say the biggest CPU chip company can just go down the drain. If you should be worried about anything it would be AMD.
sabbath2gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 sabbath2gamer
Member since 2007 • 2515 Posts
[QUOTE="Arnalion"][QUOTE="chandlerr_360"]

chandlerr_360

[QUOTE="xmen1414"]

Uberbadassmufuh

Too bad that Intel is doing VERY BAD financially right now. Intel and Citibank are pretty much expected to be the next Enron on Wall Street. Unless you care nothing about customer service and support within the next 2-3 years, then go with AMD.

do you have any idea what your saying

tbh i think your getting intel confused for AMD really im serious i think you are getting confused with the two

sabbath2gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 sabbath2gamer
Member since 2007 • 2515 Posts

Arnalion

um a card on steroids is a good thing :?

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts

[QUOTE="Domobomb"]What's your budget?xmen1414

$800-$1200

what region do you live in (US,Canada,Europe ect....)
Broken_Tulip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Broken_Tulip
Member since 2008 • 327 Posts

chandlerr_360

[QUOTE="xmen1414"]

Uberbadassmufuh

WOW that's the dumbest thing i have heard in my small time at these forums.:|
Stranger_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Stranger_7
Member since 2008 • 77 Posts
Crysis wont run with "no lags perfect" no matter what you have.
McJugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 McJugga
Member since 2007 • 9453 Posts

chandlerr_360

Intel is doing very well, i have no clue where you heard that, AMD is almost bankrupt, Intel is fine.

Crysis wont run with "no lags perfect" no matter what you have.Stranger_7

Crysis can run fine without lag on many sytems so I also have no ideo where you came to that conclusion

Stranger_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Stranger_7
[QUOTE="chandlerr_360"]

McJugga

Intel is doing very well, i have no clue where you heard that, AMD is almost bankrupt, Intel is fine.

Crysis can run fine without lag on many sytems so I also have no ideo where you came to that conclusion

No u cannot run with "no lag perfect" no matter what you do.The occasional minor stuter is there even in low settings.
xmen1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xmen1414
[QUOTE="xmen1414"]

[QUOTE="Domobomb"]What's your budget?mastershake575

$800-$1200

what region do you live in (US,Canada,Europe ect....)

I live in the US do it is USD money.

I want DX10 and you cant have that with XP. Am i right i heard this some where. My PC right now is horrible.

Shouldn;t i have a least 3gb of ram???

Uberbadassmufuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Uberbadassmufuh
[QUOTE="chandlerr_360"]

Arnalion

[QUOTE="xmen1414"]

Uberbadassmufuh

Actually in point of fact they can not. You can unlock SOME of the effects but even with the 'very high' tweaks DX9 renders are still far worse than DX10 renders.

elitegeek13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 elitegeek13
Member since 2007 • 636 Posts

chandlerr_360

um, that's bs man. I can run crysis on high at about 40-65 fps with an 8800GTS 512mb.

Avatar image for Manly-manly-man
Manly-manly-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Manly-manly-man
Member since 2006 • 3477 Posts

Uberbadassmufuh

[QUOTE="xmen1414"]

Uberbadassmufuh

Actually in point of fact they can not. You can unlock SOME of the effects but even with the 'very high' tweaks DX9 renders are still far worse than DX10 renders.

Actually, I would wager you couldn't tell a difference between them. The only major feature DX9 can't do is advanced motion blur.

Trilvester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Trilvester
Member since 2003 • 1857 Posts
Whats the difference between advanced motion blur and motion blur? :?
bumsoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bumsoil
Member since 2006 • 924 Posts

Whats the difference between advanced motion blur and motion blur? :?Trilvester

per object motion blur, heck i hate motion blur i always turn it off.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts

intel e8400 (don't listen to the other guy intel has the best cpus now but amd is cheaper if its to expencive)

8800gts (g92)

2gb ram

500gb hdd w 32mb cache

550-600w should be fine

case

dvd drive

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts

intel e8400 (don't listen to the other guy intel has the best cpus now but amd is cheaper if its to expencive)

8800gts (g92)

2gb ram

500gb hdd w 32mb cache

550-600w should be fine

case

dvd drive

[QUOTE="chandlerr_360"]

Arnalion

[QUOTE="xmen1414"]

Uberbadassmufuh

40a though is pleanty isn't very much for a 550w p/s my acbel 550w has tri 12v rail with over 50a

TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TrooperManaic
Member since 2004 • 3863 Posts

chandlerr_360

[QUOTE="xmen1414"]

Uberbadassmufuh

WHAT! I cannot believe you just said that. say good bye to all credability on these forums. I hope for you sake that someone hacked your account and said these harsh words. BTW AMD is on the brink of being bankrupt. a perfect example of this is why the most expensive part in a xbox 360 is its graphics processor. Though the ONLY processor on amd's part right now I can reccomend is the 5000+ black edition. This is because you can overclock it to the speeds and beyond of the higher versions and its also smaller so less heat is generated. Now I am not saying amd sucks... I own a AMD but if I could switch to intel, id do it in a second without thinking about it twice.
chandlerr_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 chandlerr_360
[QUOTE="chandlerr_360"][QUOTE="Arnalion"][QUOTE="chandlerr_360"]

TrooperManaic

[QUOTE="xmen1414"]

Uberbadassmufuh

WHAT! I cannot believe you just said that. say good bye to all credability on these forums. I hope for you sake that someone hacked your account and said these harsh words. BTW AMD is on the brink of being bankrupt. a perfect example of this is why the most expensive part in a xbox 360 is its graphics processor. Though the ONLY processor on amd's part right now I can reccomend is the 5000+ black edition. This is because you can overclock it to the speeds and beyond of the higher versions and its also smaller so less heat is generated. Now I am not saying amd sucks... I own a AMD but if I could switch to intel, id do it in a second without thinking about it twice.

Wow, go do some actual stock research. You will see that intel is down like 6% and cannot meet their financial quota per month right now.

saifiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 saifiii
Member since 2006 • 274 Posts

Mr. Banker or whoever you are, the ground realities are simple. Intel kicks AMD's ASS big time. their lower end CPUs OC like hell and who cares what their financial stats are, they give EXellent CPUs for the money you give

McJugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 McJugga
[QUOTE="McJugga"][QUOTE="chandlerr_360"]

Stranger_7

No u cannot run with "no lag perfect" no matter what you do.The occasional minor stuter is there even in low settings.

Where did you hear this? have you played crysis with every video card that has ever been released, how would you know?

McJugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 McJugga
[QUOTE="TrooperManaic"][QUOTE="chandlerr_360"][QUOTE="Arnalion"][QUOTE="chandlerr_360"]

chandlerr_360

[QUOTE="xmen1414"]

Uberbadassmufuh

Wow, go do some actual stock research. You will see that intel is down like 6% and cannot meet their financial quota per month right now.

Why don't you do you research, Intel is doing way better than AMD.

lespaul1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lespaul1919
Member since 2003 • 7074 Posts
crysis. eats all machines. but, if you are willing to play at a lower res, this is possible.
Wesker776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Wesker776
Member since 2005 • 7004 Posts

chandlerr_360

[QUOTE="xmen1414"]

Uberbadassmufuh

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Prey, tell, where did you hear/read this?

Wesker776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Wesker776
Member since 2005 • 7004 Posts
[QUOTE="TrooperManaic"][QUOTE="chandlerr_360"][QUOTE="Arnalion"][QUOTE="chandlerr_360"]

chandlerr_360

[QUOTE="xmen1414"]

Uberbadassmufuh

...while completely ignoring that they managed to turn a record profit last quarter. :roll:

Stocks rise and fall by a larger scale than 6%, every day.

What particular 'financial quota' are you referring to?

Good lord, who taught you economics/accounting?

hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts
See my blog.
JackLKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JackLKing
Member since 2004 • 107 Posts

It doesn't matter too much what you choose....Crysis using 3 cards and nvidia can't get the driver right.......Crysis will bring 2 sli 8800ultra's to its knees with everything on ....I would recomment the 8800gt...if you can get 2 of them...great....then you can run crysis on high with some lag....it's just a bad A$$ game for graphics card makers.....I would stick with amd myself

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103773

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128014

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146565

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341001

These are all really good budget parts and will keep the price down......

Or you could get 2 of these

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125086

With this mobo

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131095

Personally I like the ati cards.....yea a little bit slower but the IQ is fantastic......

Again....you will have to get 2 video cards to run crysis on high with NO lag whats so ever......I have tried myself with one card the 8800ultra and it won't do it....it still lags when your in a serious firefight....I hope this information helps you with your choice

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

Lot's of money?

Stranger_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Stranger_7

Lot's of money?

Threesixtyci
Not really.A relatively fast core 2 duo or equalient CPU,2GB Ram and $200 graphics card is all you need ofcourse IF you are talking high in a res like 12x10 or something.
Avatar image for comstrikeiscool
comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 comstrikeiscool
Member since 2004 • 3616 Posts

Lot's of money?

Threesixtyci

No? I have an AMD athlon 64 3200, 2 gigs ram, and an 8800GT and I can run it on high. Sure its not perfectly smooth, but you certaintly do not need a lot of money to run it on high.

McJugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 McJugga
[QUOTE="Threesixtyci"]

Lot's of money?

Stranger_7

Not really.A relatively fast core 2 duo or equalient CPU,2GB Ram and $200 graphics card is all you need ofcourse IF you are talking high in a res like 12x10 or something.

I thought you said nothing can play crysis on low with no lag? According to your statement, how would that play crysis on high?

Of course I think that it would play crysis on high, but you suddenly change your opinion on what you need to play crysis?