I set up PS3 controller for Need For Speed Hot Pursuit. Now need button layout

This topic is locked from further discussion.

10pmstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 10pmstalker
Member since 2006 • 38 Posts

I set up PS3 controller for Need For Speed Hot Pursuit. Now need button layout. I am trying to set it up exactly how the PS3 version is. Anyone able to help me with this?

Jordanserg31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Jordanserg31
Member since 2009 • 323 Posts

This is for PC? My friend done this and it work.

Here is the Tutorial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O87iLvk5PjA

10pmstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 10pmstalker

Yes, its for PC. I know how to set the PS3 controller up but I just want to find the correct button configuration

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

L2/R2: Brake/Accel

L1/R2: Down/Up shifting

[] view

X parking brake

O nitrus (if it's there)

Triangle - Reverse look

D-Pad Map/UI settings

Left stick - turning

Right - looking.

Shift's stock setup, I'd assume it's the same in another NFS..

SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 SPBoss
Member since 2009 • 3746 Posts

I set up PS3 controller for Need For Speed Hot Pursuit. Now need button layout. I am trying to set it up exactly how the PS3 version is. Anyone able to help me with this?

10pmstalker
Use this http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XBox-360-controller-EMULATOR-for-windows it will emulate a 360 controller and map all the buttons accordingly, all you have to do is configure it once, then copy and paste the two files into installation directory of any game and it will work straight away
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

10pmstalker
May I ask why you installed a controller for NFS?
SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SPBoss
[QUOTE="10pmstalker"]

FelipeInside

Who would play a racing game with a keyboard? LOL
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="10pmstalker"]

SPBoss

What so LOL about it.... I've played all my life racing games with the KB, what's the big problem?
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

[QUOTE="10pmstalker"]

FelipeInside

Why wouldn't you? Is their any advantage using a keyboard instead of an actual controller for racing games?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="10pmstalker"]

JangoWuzHere

Why wouldn't you? Is their any advantage using a keyboard instead of an actual controller for racing games?

Is theRE any advantage using an actual controller instead of a keyboard for racing games?
10pmstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 10pmstalker

[QUOTE="10pmstalker"]

SPBoss

Use this http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XBox-360-controller-EMULATOR-for-windows it will emulate a 360 controller and map all the buttons accordingly, all you have to do is configure it once, then copy and paste the two files into installation directory of any game and it will work straight away

I tried that. It wont detect my controller. I got pretty much everything going with DS3 Tool but I cant get rumble to work and for some reason my pause button is "O" and nitro is "start" I cant reverse them

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] May I ask why you installed a controller for NFS?FelipeInside

Is theRE any advantage using an actual controller instead of a keyboard for racing games?

I asked you first, and you give me no answer?

Controllers have analong and better acceleration control. I do not understand why you are arguing about this. If he wants to play with the controller than thats the TC's business.

SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SPBoss
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="SPBoss"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] May I ask why you installed a controller for NFS?

What so LOL about it.... I've played all my life racing games with the KB, what's the big problem?

1) you cant steer smoothly, its either on/off 2) you cant accelerate/brake smoothly its either on/off 3) analogue controls are way better for driving (fact) 4) I used to play racing games with keyboard but its not fun, its way more epic when you can blip the throttle or rev slowly,
SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SPBoss

[QUOTE="SPBoss"][QUOTE="10pmstalker"]

10pmstalker

I tried that. It wont detect my controller. I got pretty much everything going with DS3 Tool but I cant get rumble to work and for some reason my pause button is "O" and nitro is "start" I cant reverse them

Microsoft have made sure its really hard to connect a ps3 controller, did you try and map the buttons with the program i linked you? or is it not detecting it at all? cause it worked for me
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Inconsistancy

1. Install the program from http://www.motioninjoy.com/

2.(this is old, if you read the news here, he got the thing certified, this part's useless now {I think}) Driver Signature Enforcement must be turned off for the emulator to work, that is achieved by pressing F8 early in the computers startup.

(there used to be extra steps, I'm fairly sure they're gone now...)

3. The part where it gives you a multiple choice section, just has to be set to Xbox360... THen click Enable, if you've done everything right, you'll hear... what is it, a disconnect or reconnect sound for a usb device.

The other program who ever linked, never seen it, never used it.

10pmstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 10pmstalker

1. Install the program from http://www.motioninjoy.com/

2.(this is old, if you read the news here, he got the thing certified, this part's useless now {I think}) Driver Signature Enforcement must be turned off for the emulator to work, that is achieved by pressing F8 early in the computers startup.

(there used to be extra steps, I'm fairly sure they're gone now...)

3. The part where it gives you a multiple choice section, just has to be set to Xbox360... THen click Enable, if you've done everything right, you'll hear... what is it, a disconnect or reconnect sound for a usb device.

The other program who ever linked, never seen it, never used it.

Inconsistancy
Thanks man, works awesome with rumble and all using the Xbox option. I downloaded something before for MLB 2K10 so it shows xbox 360 buttons and controls in the game. I cant remember what it was. Is there anything like that for PS3 icons in game?
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Inconsistancy
Thanks man, works awesome with rumble and all using the Xbox option. I downloaded something before for MLB 2K10 so it shows xbox 360 buttons and controls in the game. I cant remember what it was. Is there anything like that for PS3 icons in game?10pmstalker
yw, Not that I know of, sadly just have to get used to the wrong buttons showing up.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

JangoWuzHere

I asked you first, and you give me no answer?

Controllers have analong and better acceleration control. I do not understand why you are arguing about this. If he wants to play with the controller than thats the TC's business.

I'm not arguing, why does everyone here think EVERYTHING is about arguing....?

I'm just asking cause I have never used a controller for racing so I don't know the advantages.... I always thought with a keyboard it was more precise to steer...

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="SPBoss"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="SPBoss"] Who would play a racing game with a keyboard? LOL

1) you cant steer smoothly, its either on/off 2) you cant accelerate/brake smoothly its either on/off 3) analogue controls are way better for driving (fact) 4) I used to play racing games with keyboard but its not fun, its way more epic when you can blip the throttle or rev slowly,

Thx for those answers, I understand the point of on/off. Now, is the acceleration speed the same when u press UP on KB or forward on Controller?
10pmstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 10pmstalker

on a controller you can slightly touch gas or acceleration and it will go but you can push it all the way down and it will really go.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FelipeInside

on a controller you can slightly touch gas or acceleration and it will go but you can push it all the way down and it will really go.

10pmstalker
It's been a while since I played a racing game, but doesn't it do the same on KB? Like detect the speed the key is pressed, therefore accelerating faster or slower? I could be wrong, but I remember doing burnouts or controlling my launch in racing games with KB (and also in games like GTA), as well as control my braking.. (slow break or hard braking)...
SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SPBoss
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="SPBoss"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] What so LOL about it.... I've played all my life racing games with the KB, what's the big problem?

Thx for those answers, I understand the point of on/off. Now, is the acceleration speed the same when u press UP on KB or forward on Controller?

Na bro you can't throttle softly on a keyboard, the buttons are digital, so you can either press it fully or not at all. Analogue controllers (shoulder buttons, analogue sticks) allow you to gently press a button and be more precise. First time i used this technology was on ps2 so its pretty old stuff, hope that clears things up
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FelipeInside
Ok, understand it now thanks. I just thought new keyboards came with "sensor" keys, which it detected how hard/fast you pressed on a key. Like I said before, it's been a while since I've played a racing game...but I'm sure I could choose between accelerating slowly or doing a burnout ???