I need help finding an old fantasy PC game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alice5130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Alice5130
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I've been having an urge to play an old time based fantasy game I tried once or twice. I had played it as a child at my babysitters house so it was made in the 90's or a little earlier. In the game, you chose a a race/kingdom and work to build an army. Each kingdom had their own type of warriors such as dragons, humans, unicorns/elves, and demons, etc. you'd then send out platoons to gather resources (kind of like age of empires). There were the usuals (gold , silver) but I think I remember some type of crystal as well. As you play, the other NPC kingdoms grow and send warriors as well. I really wanna play the game again, so any info would be very helpful.

mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts

not warcraft 1 2 or 3 ?

krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3  Edited By krazyorange
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts

Hmmm that seems pretty standard of that time in games. Here are a couple ideas, check them out on mobygames.com and see if any fit

• Lords of the Realm
  • Blood & Magic
  • Heroes of Might & Magic (1-3)
  • Realms (1991)
  • WarCraft

Any more details would definitely help out.

Alice5130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Alice5130

@mep69: @alice5130: I don't play wow

Alice5130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Alice5130

@krazyorange: I think it might be heroes of might and magic. I took a look at several screenshots and landscape might be the one I remember. Here's hoping I can find a game to play.

FragSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FragSponge
Member since 2005 • 194 Posts

Total Annihilation: Kingdoms?

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@alice5130 said:

I've been having an urge to play an old time based fantasy game I tried once or twice. I had played it as a child at my babysitters house so it was made in the 90's or a little earlier. In the game, you chose a a race/kingdom and work to build an army. Each kingdom had their own type of warriors such as dragons, humans, unicorns/elves, and demons, etc. you'd then send out platoons to gather resources (kind of like age of empires). There were the usuals (gold , silver) but I think I remember some type of crystal as well. As you play, the other NPC kingdoms grow and send warriors as well. I really wanna play the game again, so any info would be very helpful.

It is Heroes of Might and Magic you are talking about I think....If you had to pick one to play I would recommend Homm 3

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Sounds like Heroes to me

OutOfPoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By OutOfPoint
Member since 2010 • 155 Posts

Yup, I think it's Heroes of Might and Magic. You can buy HoMM 3 complete at GoG, this game is still very enjoyable and awesome even though it's old.