I just can't bring myself to finish COD4...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Grantelicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#1 Grantelicious
Member since 2007 • 1541 Posts

I mean i've been playing it and after 20 mins i was done because it's just all the frigging same and sooo heavily scripted, soo annoying how you have to keep meeting up with the npc's all the time or you can't progress by yourself. I always thought i was bored of WW2 FPS games but it's become clear that it's not the WW2 setting seeing as COH was refreshing and fun. The problem is the gameplay style that the WW2 games have had in the past and COD2 sums that up, and seeing as COD4 is basically the game i just found it soo boring. Why can't they make something more open and innovative and fun? I just get the feeling like i've played this same FPS about a 100 times before.

Vinth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Vinth
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts

Finish the game.. all i can say.

ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ElArab
Member since 2007 • 5754 Posts

I mean i've been playing it and after 20 mins i was done because it's just all the frigging same and sooo heavily scripted, soo annoying how you have to keep meeting up with the npc's all the time or you can't progress by yourself. I always thought i was bored of WW2 FPS games but it's become clear that it's not the WW2 setting seeing as COH was refreshing and fun. The problem is the gameplay style that the WW2 games have had in the past and COD2 sums that up, and seeing as COD4 is basically the game i just found it soo boring. Why can't they make something more open and innovative and fun? I just get the feeling like i've played this same FPS about a 100 times before.

Grantelicious

Wow I am SO glad that I'm not the only one who thought this, seems like CoD's a little too overhyped. I also agree with CoH, they did an amazing job on that game. The demo just made me realize "holy ****, they didn't change a thing except the setting of the game!!!! what the hell?!"

Thing with CoD though, from what I hear (and experienced) is that it's really just the "intensity" of the game that made it fun, I remember I saw this scene in some video review of a cobra chrashing towards your "sniper buddy" while you guys are sneaking about, and as it's sliding to your friend the blades of the chopper are missing him by an inch, but I guess it's that shock effect of the game that makes it more fun than your typical fps, even though CoD's single player is pretty frikin' average.

After what I've heard about the campaign, I'm getting the game 90% because of multiplayer, the 10% is because I hear there's a mission where you man the gun of an AC-130, and a mission with "long range sniping" which is like, a shot 1 mile or longer, so you gotta like take in consideration of all the things a sniper has to deal with, which I think is f***ing awesome because I've always wanted to see something like that in a game! It's not like I've had the chance to try that in real life!

Bromz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Bromz
Member since 2005 • 1639 Posts
pfft open doesn't=innovative, it = open. CoD is really intense, I liked CoD2';s campaign and will be looking forward to get cod4 on 2morrow (release day here in uk)
dayaccus007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dayaccus007
Member since 2007 • 4349 Posts
I think COD4 has very intense gameplay, is the best FPS I ever played and believe me I'veplayedmany
madbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 madbar
Member since 2005 • 54 Posts
The game is coming out in Denmark tomorrow and I'm getting it, for sure. Ever since I stopped playing Black Hawk Down a couple of years back I've been looking for a substitute. I'm hoping this is it...
Grantelicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Grantelicious

I didn't enjoy the multiplayer too, don't like the fact of a FPS having to unlock all the guns and classes, pretty gay if you ask me. Counter Strike is just perfect and simple but it works and being able to buy w/e weapon you want is sooo much better. Plus CS has proper good hitboxes so requires more skill to aim and kill somewhere, where as COD4 you shoot em anywhere. COD4 guns feel very light too but in CS the guns feel real and really nice to play with.

Have to say that the Orange box has the best collection of FPS of this year, soo mcuh better than anything else out there until maybe Crysis migth outshine it, but i doubt it.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#8 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

COD 4 seems overrated but I think mp may be quite good. I must say there is no strong urge for me to get back into the sp campaign. I'd probably pay more for the Crysis demo than COD 4 itself :/

Half way through and you are never alone near as I can tell, apart from the tv missile mission which is just you versus white dots lol

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

I didn't enjoy the multiplayer too, don't like the fact of a FPS having to unlock all the guns and classes, pretty gay if you ask me. Counter Strike is just perfect and simple but it works and being able to buy w/e weapon you want is sooo much better. Plus CS has proper good hitboxes so requires more skill to aim and kill somewhere, where as COD4 you shoot em anywhere. COD4 guns feel very light too but in CS the guns feel real and really nice to play with.

Have to say that the Orange box has the best collection of FPS of this year, soo mcuh better than anything else out there until maybe Crysis migth outshine it, but i doubt it.

Grantelicious
Cant believe you said CS requires more skills. The accuracy of aiming is down right terrible and having to adjust to CS style tokill targets unlikeother shooters(COD4) that has correct accuracy for pixel for pixel can be frustrating for newbie players. CS is a great game but it's far from a top notch polish game like COD4. BTW CS guns feel far from real(Try going to target pratice and tell me if guns feel like that.).
jdknight21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#10 jdknight21
Member since 2006 • 3282 Posts
You could have just summed it up by saying "I just want bang, bang, bang".
Grantelicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Grantelicious
[QUOTE="Grantelicious"]

OoSuperMarioO

Cant believe you said CS requires more skills. The accuracy of aiming is down right terrible and having to adjust to CS style tokill targets unlikeother shooters(COD4) that has correct accuracy for pixel for pixel can be frustrating for newbie players. CS is a great game but it's far from a top notch polish game like COD4. BTW CS guns feel far from real(Try going to target pratice and tell me if guns feel like that.).

They feel heavy and nice where as COD4 feels far too light and like your not shooting anyone, just don't like the feel of the guns. Also Counter Strike is still the most popular multiplayer FPS of all time and it's also the best multiplayer FPS of all time. What makes it so great is how it's stood the test of time whith more players playing it than games of today, makes it a true classic which you can't say for the COd series.

Players Current
Servers Player Minutes/ Month

Counter-Strike 141,407 76,216 7.351 billion

Counter-Strike: Source 63,952 43,400 1.942 billion

kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kyrieee
Member since 2007 • 978 Posts

I've only played CoD I and the CoD 4 demo but I feel pretty much the same way

Scripting was exciting in HL1. Having stuff happen dynamically is WAY more immersive than tons of scripted evens. Besides, it's like they're overdoing it with the intensity. They make so much stuff happen all the time that it's like *yawn*

The MP does seem exciting though

SuperBork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SuperBork
Member since 2006 • 38 Posts
Yep totally agree, way scripted and boring, completely overated
ipath4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ipath4life
Member since 2006 • 1221 Posts
[QUOTE="Grantelicious"]

OoSuperMarioO

CS is an amzing game, and so is cod4 although ive yet to play it, but the fact you said cs guns feel realistic just made me completely disregard you opinion....

BLKR4330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 BLKR4330
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts
I think I know what you mean. I think the game looks great and the review even got me excited, but I have yet to finish even the demo. Scripting is not necessarily a bad thing imo, but enemies just seem to keep re-spawning until you trigger the next event, which made me feel like I have to be more occupied with trying to find the place that triggers it than actually killing the enemy, to advance in the level..
Necollix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Necollix
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I'd understand not wanting to finish CoD2 because it's pretty much the same thing over and over.  And it gets pretty boring.  But CoD4 is really trying to go for variety.  1 mission is a sniping mission that's like, 15 minutes with only 10 enemies to kill because you spend the whole time sneaking around to get to the city.  Then there's a car chase scene, a mission where you man the turret of a chopper, another mission where you have to bomb buildings and enemies all in thermal vision from a chopper.  And you get to assassinate someone as a sniper and you have to account for wind speed and distance.  I really suggest finishing it.  And if you still hate it in the end, the game is only like 5 hours long at best so it's not like you'll waste too much time on it.  ;)
ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ElArab

I think I know what you mean. I think the game looks great and the review even got me excited, but I have yet to finish even the demo. Scripting is not necessarily a bad thing imo, but enemies just seem to keep re-spawning until you trigger the next event, which made me feel like I have to be more occupied with trying to find the place that triggers it than actually killing the enemy, to advance in the level.. BLKR4330

yeah you actually loose the will to fight, but there's no real way to make a whole entire army ready to fight without having like, a "decacore" processor or something like that, unless your playing Medieval 2, but it's easier in RTS. I'm surpised at how much detail they are able to put into Medieval though. Not to get off topic though.

Simechak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Simechak
Member since 2002 • 1497 Posts

I completely disagree. In all seriousness, Call of Duty 4, in my opinion, is the best shooter so far ever released.

Yes, it's that good. I was expecting it to be more of the same ole same ole, but boy was I wrong.

The single player game, although short, is the most epic, satisfying single player FPS experience I have ever had. The Ghillie suit level where you run around Chernobyl was practically better than the entire game of Stalker by itself.

And the Multiplayer? It's godly. It takes the modern tactical gameplay feel of excellent games like Counter-Strike, Rainbow Six, and GRAW, and melds it with a persistent advancement systerm that is better than Battlefield's, and comes out with the most amazing online system I have ever seen or played.

You have every conceivable game mode you could ever want, and can play it in any way you want.

You want Team Deathmatch? Fine, play it standard, or old school (where pickups are on the ground like Quake/Unreal Tournament), or hardcore (where you have no HUD, can use only iron sights to aim, and die VERY easily), or whatever custom combination of anything you like.

Sabotage is an excellent play mode. You can play it either like CS, where one team needs to bomb a site or 2 and the other have to defend, or you can play where the bomb is in the middle of the map, and both struggle to get the bomb and bomb the other side.

You have you classic Free-for-all deathmatch, team deatchmatch, king of the kill, and many other excellent game modes.

Every gun feels exactly right. The sound, the soundtrack, the graphics, the effects, the physics, are all awesome. The game properly calculates how each gun could really fire a bullet through different surfaces. Buddy standing on the other side of some cinderblocks? If you have the right gun you can shoot him, if you have a weak gun, you can't. It's not like CS where you can only shoot through wood.

If you haven't gotten the point buy now, I find this game HIGHLY praiseworthy. I thought it was going to be more of the same, but instead it turned out to be the best FPS I have ever played.

It is my opinion that this is the best game I have ever played EVEN CONSIDERING the Crysis Beta and SP Demo, and all other FPS that I have played (all of them).

If you haven't played this game yet, you are missing out on somethign truly fantastic.

Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Forerunner-117
Member since 2006 • 8800 Posts

Grantelicious

I'll take it if you don't want it :D

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#20 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

the pripyat level has nothing on stalker, apart from forming a wonderful set piece at the end it hasn't the atmosphere or the style of stalker. The single player is pretty average imo, I don't know what jeff was talking about with the story in story crap, just seems pretty standard in terms of missions.

The multiplayer however does rock, as there is no more scripted crap, its all action, 10 kill streaks FTW.

Myrkan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Myrkan
Member since 2004 • 1304 Posts
I found myself replaying levels before beating it, just to get my fix on that gameplay. I'm really sorry, I feel bad that you cant enjoy this absolutely brilliant game. At least finish it, the ending is incredible and you wont regret putting the time into it. But, I think its kind of odd that you dont enjoy the game that much...
Myrkan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Myrkan
Sorry, one more thing...CS if a terrible, terrible game...The guns in CS feel too light, but they feel just right in COD4, I have a feeling your living in an alternate universe and have found a breach in the GS forums ;)
ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ElArab

Simechak I totally agree, but if I quoted all that, this would be a huge thread.

Some clips I've seen of some levels, made me REALLY want monday to be here already, because I can't wait to play some of the mission's I've seen online, the Demo level wasn't that great IMO.

I guess the single player is like portal, it's short, but it's awesome and that way it doesn't "overstay it's welcome".

nothing actually LIKE portal though.

ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ElArab

Sorry, one more thing...CS if a terrible, terrible game...The guns in CS feel too light, but they feel just right in COD4, I have a feeling your living in an alternate universe and have found a breach in the GS forums ;)Myrkan

Oh yeah, the CS guns aren't that great, the only thing I don't like in the guns in CoD (or at least a few of them) is the sound effects for just a few guns, the M4 didn't sound right in the demo. Sounded like an UZI or something (oh, I got the game on Steam, so I have to wait till monday, if it's different in the full version just correct me.)

Besides, unlocking the stuff in multiplayer is just motivation, just like killing people for money in CS, and killing people and completing objectives for "prestige" in Crysis.

gzaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 gzaneski
Member since 2004 • 1031 Posts
CoD should never have been progressed past CoD2. Every game has the exact same gameplay and a similar physics engine. To me it all just seems like they were just trying to show off with lots of effects and scripted events. The gameplay is weak, and it's 90% visuals. I would probably pay 10 bucks for this game, that's really all it's worth if your strip off the fluff.
superduperdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 superduperdog
Member since 2006 • 546 Posts
A good but not fantastic game. Best fps this year and most likely next year as well is CRYSIS.
Boogalate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Boogalate
Member since 2003 • 238 Posts
Wow, I never knew more people played CS than there were that populated the entire world, 7 billion people... huh?
Fr0st3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Fr0st3d
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts
I tryed the demo and didnt like it felt your average fps game
Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Giantstalker
Member since 2007 • 421 Posts
I've really loved everything but two things thusfar: the inability to switch firing modes on some weapons and the weapon sound effects. Everything else is top notch. By the way, I agree that Counterstrike is terrible... unless you enjoy games with the depth of a urinal and guns that feel like toys. The only reason it remains popular is because it's another banal, mindless activity for the masses - not unlike primetime TV now that I think about it...
LaNoOm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LaNoOm
Member since 2005 • 1039 Posts
I dont think Cod4 Sp really shines this time around like the other COD games, but hopefully the mp can step up for the lack of the SP.
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

Grantelicious

wow....is that your idea of being part of a real war? open, innovative and fun? is that how you define the call of duty in reality? then you must have misunderstood about a lot of things, mate.

like i said before, alot of the haters really don't know what CoD is really about. they want to "progress by themselves" -- swim whenever they can, play with the vehicles whenever they see one, and if possible, they don't mind taking a detour that takes twice as much time as a direct approach normally would, just for the fun of it. they call these "innovation", i call them naivete.

don't get me wrong, sandbox, innovation, etc...these are A ok in my book. but when people say how a WAR GAME isn't good coz they don't get to do whatever they want, i just couldn't stand it. the reality of war is grim as it is unforgiving. in an all out conflict, there's only so much one can do that even mere survival often depends on luck -- being able to follow from one way point to another is as good an operation as anything can be. expecting more than that is a boy scour attitude that really befouls the gravity of war and military action.

maybe when the next batch of boys fly back from Iraq, you can ask those who aren't coming back in a box to see if they get to be "innovative".

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts
[QUOTE="Grantelicious"]

Jinroh_basic

wow....is that your idea of being part of a real war? open, innovative and fun? is that how you define the call of duty in reality? then you must have misunderstood about a lot of things, mate.

like i said before, alot of the haters really don't know what CoD is really about. they want to "progress by themselves" -- swim whenever they can, play with the vehicles whenever they see one, and if possible, they don't mind taking a detour that takes twice as much time as a direct approach normally would, just for the fun of it. they call these "innovation", i call them naivete.

don't get me wrong, sandbox, innovation, etc...these are A ok in my book. but when people say how a WAR GAME isn't good coz they don't get to do whatever they want, i just couldn't stand it. the reality of war is grim as it is unforgiving. in an all out conflict, there's only so much one can do that even mere survival often depends on luck -- being able to follow from one way point to another is as good an operation as anything can be. expecting more than that is a boy scour attitude that really befouls the gravity of war and military action.

maybe when the next batch of boys fly back from Iraq, you can ask those who aren't coming back in a box to see if they get to be "innovative".

Play nice.:(
-MidNite-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 -MidNite-
Member since 2003 • 134 Posts

Peronsally, the only thing that really bugged me in all the Call of Duty games is that enemies respawn constantly. Everytime I mowed down a squad of Germans in previous games, it never felt fufilling cause another batch would just jump over the brick wall...

Other then that, the multiplayer in all of the CoD games is awesome.

Myrkan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Myrkan
I think the idea of going through the game with your squad is much better than games like halo. It keeps the action moving, the game moving, and instead of making you take long detours or solve confusing puzzles just to give the illusion of a longer game, it offers up an extremely satisfying yet short campaign. Another goal of Call of Duty was to show how grim and horrible war really was. With Infinity Ward's own flexible story, they made the COD experience so much better since they could create their own scenes, their own ending. It really shows what its like to be in the shoes of a soldier. And, instead of creating hype on how you could jump down in parachutes (whoopdy doo), from what I remember, the only hype was a new and exciting COD game.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#35 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
I'm really enjoying CoD4. I love cod because it follows a scripted path, as it makes it more of a cinematic experience. Open worlds are great, but generally they don't fit this genre. The singleplayer is short and awesome, and the multiplayer is long and good. It's no CoD:UO, but it's definitely something amazing.
jazilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#36 jazilla
Member since 2005 • 2320 Posts
Opinions are like elbows and something else. Everybody has them. You guys are arguing opinions. Some people like scripted stuff, some people don't. I love First Person Shooters for the single player experience. 90% of people like it for the multi-player. I won't get this game because if I bought it for the single player experience, it would equate to about $10 an hour. That is way to steep for me. I downloaded the demo and thought it was an absolutely detailed, high energy game. I am just not willing to pay $50 for a 5 hour experience, that isn't even real.
SentientGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 SentientGames
Member since 2004 • 633 Posts

maybe when the next batch of boys fly back from Iraq, you can ask those who aren't coming back in a box to see if they get to be "innovative".Jinroh_basic

I think you're a little out of line trying to press guilt on someone, as if they should be remorseful to the soldiers in Iraq because they aren't happy with CoD4. You're comparing a videogame to serious real-world events as if they're supposed to coincide.

Honestly dude, I hear what you're saying. But at the same time, I'm pretty sure Infinity Ward was out to entertain gamers when they made CoD4, not to attempt to make the most realistic war simulation out there. If you're going to go on about "war is gritty", "war is unforgiving", "war is hell", then you can't be seriously talking about CoD. Afterall, in a real war, if you get shot, you're either dead or dying. In CoD4, you can get pelted with rifle-fire, sit behind a crate for a few seconds, and be as good as new instantly. That's neither gritty nor unforgiving.

Like I said, I see where you're coming from. But it is a video game. It's not meant to give an accurate portrayal of the trials and tribulations of real life as a soldier. If someone prefers a different playing style then you, big deal. If people are unsatisfied with the fact that CoD gameplay hasn't changed very muchsince the first game, you can't exactly argue with their opinion.

Grantelicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Grantelicious

Yeh i gave it another go and go to the level "heat" and just got bored, unistalled it and not because that level was hard, it just had a daft feeling to it. I hate how the enemies kept respawning and it felt pretty stupid, it's like how big is their army? They'll keep constantly coming at you until you progess and feels too scripted again. I just got fed up of how stupid the AI is aswel on your team mostly but the enemy, they just seem to run straight at you and makes easy targets. The whole game just feels like the same old COD games i've played in the past and tbh i think it's time fro something new form IF.

However the best level was probably chernobyl for it's variety and i loved the Helicopter where you have to bomb the targets on the ground using thermal because the voices over the radio sounded kool and gave a nice atmosphere. Apart from them two levels in the game i didn't really have a whole lot of fun.

Myrkan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Myrkan

I actually like the fact that its heavily scripted as well. Crysis is trying to be as dynamic as possible I'm pretty sure, but guess what, I found the demo to be no where near as fun as COD4, I doubt I'll have more fun with Crysis. Think of it this way: If it wasnt heavily scripted, do you think it would be anywhere near as cool? If it was more dynamic, it wouldnt feel epic when you save the hostage, or blow someones arm off.

Alwaysrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#40 Alwaysrun
Member since 2007 • 93 Posts

I won't get this game because if I bought it for the single player experience, it would equate to about $10 an hour. That is way to steep for me. I downloaded the demo and thought it was an absolutely detailed, high energy game. I am just not willing to pay $50 for a 5 hour experience, that isn't even real.jazilla

Sorry zazilla but I can't agree with your point. If I can find an entertaining diversion that only costs me $10 an hour I'm more than happy. Try going to a decent movie, enjoy a few suds with freinds at your local pub, golf, snowboard, go to an amusement park all of which will cost you more than $10 an hour. IMO CoD4 was well worth it's 9 review and my $50. I rather liked the fact that the single player was short because I can get a thrilling fast paced experience and still have time left in my day to go do something "real" like lapping my new Q6660 cuz Intel can't make a processor with a flat surface or a stock fan that actually cools lol.

Minder22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Minder22
Member since 2004 • 487 Posts
play online then its alot of fun
Iron_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Iron_will
Member since 2007 • 2837 Posts

Wow, I never knew more people played CS than there were that populated the entire world, 7 billion people... huh?Boogalate

Yeah 9 billion people play CS? And I thought there was only 6.5 billion people on earth.

LaNoOm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LaNoOm
The master server has been down for cod4 for a couple days, but its a spanking new game so its expected. Besides that the gameplay is pretty solid.
A1B2C3CAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#44 A1B2C3CAL
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
I had this game pre ordered but after I thought about it I was like whats the hurry...other games I want are also coming out at the same time but what will I really lose by waiting to buy/ play this game? Nothing.... I am a huge CoD fan but all said and done the SP will be action packed and intense and the MP will be very busy online...thats a couple of very important factors that make a game great. Even though the cheaters will have a hay day with the deep penetration in MP...i'm still going to buy it just not right now. I love playing against real people online but I just like having an even playing field. I guess it's time to look for someone that runs a good clean server/clan and not play pub.
TheWalrusKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TheWalrusKing
Member since 2003 • 956 Posts

I completely disagree. In all seriousness, Call of Duty 4, in my opinion, is the best shooter so far ever released.

Yes, it's that good. I was expecting it to be more of the same ole same ole, but boy was I wrong.

The single player game, although short, is the most epic, satisfying single player FPS experience I have ever had. The Ghillie suit level where you run around Chernobyl was practically better than the entire game of Stalker by itself.

And the Multiplayer? It's godly. It takes the modern tactical gameplay feel of excellent games like Counter-Strike, Rainbow Six, and GRAW, and melds it with a persistent advancement systerm that is better than Battlefield's, and comes out with the most amazing online system I have ever seen or played.

You have every conceivable game mode you could ever want, and can play it in any way you want.

You want Team Deathmatch? Fine, play it standard, or old school (where pickups are on the ground like Quake/Unreal Tournament), or hardcore (where you have no HUD, can use only iron sights to aim, and die VERY easily), or whatever custom combination of anything you like.

Sabotage is an excellent play mode. You can play it either like CS, where one team needs to bomb a site or 2 and the other have to defend, or you can play where the bomb is in the middle of the map, and both struggle to get the bomb and bomb the other side.

You have you classic Free-for-all deathmatch, team deatchmatch, king of the kill, and many other excellent game modes.

Every gun feels exactly right. The sound, the soundtrack, the graphics, the effects, the physics, are all awesome. The game properly calculates how each gun could really fire a bullet through different surfaces. Buddy standing on the other side of some cinderblocks? If you have the right gun you can shoot him, if you have a weak gun, you can't. It's not like CS where you can only shoot through wood.

If you haven't gotten the point buy now, I find this game HIGHLY praiseworthy. I thought it was going to be more of the same, but instead it turned out to be the best FPS I have ever played.

It is my opinion that this is the best game I have ever played EVEN CONSIDERING the Crysis Beta and SP Demo, and all other FPS that I have played (all of them).

If you haven't played this game yet, you are missing out on somethign truly fantastic.

Simechak

I know everyone has opinions and all but a few people here are calling this the best FPS ever, Im sorry the single player id give like a 65% because of the WAY scripting and how you need to trigger things to progress in the level. The intensity is absolutely retarted, if war was like that wall of bullets some missions have it would all be a stale mate, im playing the demo mission in the release on hard and man I jst cant get through the wall of bullets. I mean COD4 is the worst COD yet easily.

Now the multiplayer id give maybe 80% or better only when Im on less populated maps, say 12-20 people, on most maps 32 people turns into like UT deathmatch where you only live a moment and respawn. there is stratedgy but not FPS strat. Its all twitch movement. where as normal paced lack of 'wall of bullets' FPS games you need to act like a guy with a gun, and use cover.

I give COD4 a 85% only because the multiplayer is great at times, single player is a joke. Everyone should go play Insurgency the free mod for HL2 and thats a REAL COD4 beater, I mean much better, but since everoyn is snowed about the COD name people will buy it.

TheWalrusKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TheWalrusKing
Member since 2003 • 956 Posts
[QUOTE="Grantelicious"]

Jinroh_basic

WTF, so Im not supposed to like running down a corrider while im shot at, I CANT go another way where, hmm, maybe ill live, and i can get to my goal, because, hmm im outsmarting someone? Oh thats right just make a path for me that say, hmm 100 enemies are staring right down, hmm maybe I also like to think for myself, and hmm, by not taking the direct approach I am niave, hell if you go to war, ill let you go first through the door, while i go around back and finish the enemy while they YOU in a box. hmm. I guess I am an idiot. hmmm.

boyd62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 boyd62
Member since 2003 • 374 Posts
I tend to agree with jazilla, on both cod4 and gow as well. Paying 50$ for 4-8 hours of gameplay just isnt worth the pricetag, unless your really into the multiplayer aspect.
LaNoOm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LaNoOm

I tend to agree with jazilla, on both cod4 and gow as well. Paying 50$ for 4-8 hours of gameplay just isnt worth the pricetag, unless your really into the multiplayer aspect. boyd62

Yeah Multiplayer is where its at in COD4.