I feel really bad ( Guild Wars 2 Related )

This topic is locked from further discussion.

II-Siamak-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 II-Siamak-II
Member since 2012 • 480 Posts

Hello Gamespot comunity, it's been over a month that Guild Wars is out and I've been playing the game since Beta Weekends, I was so exited and made my mind on which class I wanna play and started my journey since midnight lunch of the game, but the journey stoped there when I did nothing but jumping around from classes to classes telling myself by next day i know which is gonna be my guy only to realize its been more than a month and even tho I made my decision "Finally", I feel that I messed up my chance in this game and feel kinda depressed, you might ask why? well I'm barely LVL 15 atm and I visit the forums including the the ones here regarding GW2 and I see everybody rocking their high level toons with fancy flashy gear and doing endgame and WvW and PVP which is another thing I completely dont understand like What is WvW? where should I start on that? When should I start on that? what is the objective in WvW and what is the incentive and diffrence between WvW and the Heart Of THe Mists ( Which is the only PVP I know )

Sorry for the bad english and long story I just needed to get this out of my chest and get some advice from you guys.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

Hello Gamespot comunity, it's been over a month that Guild Wars is out and I've been playing the game since Beta Weekends, I was so exited and made my mind on which class I wanna play and started my journey since midnight lunch of the game, but the journey stoped there when I did nothing but jumping around from classes to classes telling myself by next day i know which is gonna be my guy only to realize its been more than a month and even tho I made my decision "Finally", I feel that I messed up my chance in this game and feel kinda depressed, you might ask why? well I'm barely LVL 15 atm and I visit the forums including the the ones here regarding GW2 and I see everybody rocking their high level toons with fancy flashy gear and doing endgame and WvW and PVP which is another thing I completely dont understand like What is WvW? where should I start on that? When should I start on that? what is the objective in WvW and what is the incentive and diffrence between WvW and the Heart Of THe Mists ( Which is the only PVP I know )

Sorry for the bad english and long story I just needed to get this out of my chest and get some advice from you guys.

II-Siamak-II

WvW is something you can do at any level. i recommend to you that you wait till your at least level 40 and/or have an elite skill or two unlocked but thats to your own discretion.

WvW is epic scale pvp. no game i think has PvP on this size or scale (at least as far as MMO's go). its basically server vs server in a giant fortress filled battlefield. your goal is to take forts, and gather resources. as your server scores points it goes into a tally and it increases things like chance for lewt or resource gathering or etc. for your entire server.

PvP is 5 man teams butting heads for karma and tokens to spend on other phat loot. this i argue is the less competitive of the two, but harder

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#3 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

The good news is you can WvW and level up at the same time if you are participating in objective taking/defending. WvW is 90% ranged fighting, standoffs of some form or another, just don't try to get into melee range or you will melt. When you are 80 it is best to run with small bands taking supplies and such rather than pew pewing back and forth between zergs which gets boring.

Goto Eternal Battleground (EB) first, that is where objectives change hands the most, where your XP comes from. If there is a queue for EB goto one of the borderlands instead, when you get there jump in the EB portal to enter the queue for it so you can eventually get there. In the meantime fight in the borderlands.

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
lol dude. Why worry yourself? Ive had the game since release and only have two lvl 15 characters. It took me forever to understand and actually get into the game. I deleted a few characters and remade them just to find a good middle ground on how I wanted to play the game. I will admit though that I spent most of my noob time playing PvP just because I wanted to get to the action really quickly. I started enjoying PvP right from the beginning and when I finally understood how to change my build I started enjoying PvP even more. Now Im focusing on PvE though. I thought it was kind of stupid at first but now Im really liking it. My personal story is interesting and I dig the cutscene like segments where they take time out to give you dialogue (however corny it might get). I also really like getting new armor and customizing my toon. I didnt think it would get anywhere but when i started remembering to loot and got into the action oriented combat...I was having a lot of run. Have a warrior charr and an elemental asura. Love em both. Opposite spectrums almost too. Just take it easy man. No need to get so bogged down with being left behind. People are always around. I love the events that draw everyone together - they make the game really fun.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#5 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Dude, I JUST started playing Guild Wars 2.

I'm not even Level 10 yet and I'm seeing everyone getting into the 40s 50s and 80s and they have all this epic gear and weaponry.

You are so much closer to Level 20, I envy you a bit.

I feel VERY feeble and just look up and see all of these High Levels being all high and mighty and it makes me just want to be just like them.

So I travel and go on quests and fight what ever I find, I may not have all the space I need to carry my stuff, I may not have the Best Gear, I may get lost and sometimes die in battle, but you shouldn't feel bad for not being level 60 or 80 now. It's a tough road, just need to pick yourself up and try to get stronger.

II-Siamak-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 II-Siamak-II

Well thank you guys, all of you made me feel much more calm inside, I have a question, how does guilds work in this game, how do i brows them, join them and whats the benefit of it? also I saw few members including BrunoBRStalking about gamespot server and guild. which guild and server is that and can i join you guys there?

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

Well thank you guys, all of you made me feel much more calm inside, I have a question, how does guilds work in this game, how do i brows them, join them and whats the benefit of it? also I saw few members including BrunoBRStalking about gamespot server and guild. which guild and server is that and can i join you guys there?

II-Siamak-II
first off, the guild is located on Fort Aspenwood. guilds are invite-only, so send Zihark Darshell a personal message in-game if you want to join. second, the benefits. well for starters, you'll have a cool guild emblem in PvP :P you'll be able to use our guild chat to ask for help or group up with guildies (there are plenty of people on the most different level ranges), don't feel shy about it. as a guild member, you'll also have access to our guild bank, where players drop items that they don't have any particular use for, but that aren't worth much to sell anyway, so they just donate to whoever's willing to pick up. please be reasonable and only pick items you'll use, don't grab something to sell on a merchant, and if you're going to delete a character, please drop any non-soulbound items you grabbed from the bank. last but not least, the guild leader (me), or any of our officers can trigger special, guild-wide bonuses, like +10% exp from each kill, or +10% chance of dropping magic items, and so on. as long as you're on the guild, you'll have access to those bonuses when they're triggered.
II-Siamak-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 II-Siamak-II

[QUOTE="II-Siamak-II"]

BrunoBRS

first off, the guild is located on Fort Aspenwood. guilds are invite-only, so send Zihark Darshell a personal message in-game if you want to join. second, the benefits. well for starters, you'll have a cool guild emblem in PvP :P you'll be able to use our guild chat to ask for help or group up with guildies (there are plenty of people on the most different level ranges), don't feel shy about it. as a guild member, you'll also have access to our guild bank, where players drop items that they don't have any particular use for, but that aren't worth much to sell anyway, so they just donate to whoever's willing to pick up. please be reasonable and only pick items you'll use, don't grab something to sell on a merchant, and if you're going to delete a character, please drop any non-soulbound items you grabbed from the bank. last but not least, the guild leader (me), or any of our officers can trigger special, guild-wide bonuses, like +10% exp from each kill, or +10% chance of dropping magic items, and so on. as long as you're on the guild, you'll have access to those bonuses when they're triggered.

Wow that is all awsome, ill get right on there asap, ill post it here if I have any trouble finding you or transfering. Thank you so muchBrunoBRS.

II-Siamak-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 II-Siamak-II

Ok I just transfered and it was a breeze, also you were offline so I sent an ingame mail to you bud.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Well you might have made the right move, the people rocking their high level toon with fancy gear are getting bored, and as new content comes out you'll not be quite so bored.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#11 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I constantly start new characters, cause I get bored very easily, lol.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BrunoBRS
Well you might have made the right move, the people rocking their high level toon with fancy gear are getting bored, and as new content comes out you'll not be quite so bored.JohnF111
*over 250 hours on a single character, still has a third of the world left to see, almost 20 dungeon paths left, and personal story to finish* the only people getting bored of it are people that played 24/7 since launch.
c4l1d3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 c4l1d3n
Member since 2011 • 157 Posts

I have an 80 and couple of teens but I'm burning out quickly. I guess it's my fault, the constant bugged skill points and hearts are a pain in the ___!

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 843 Posts
Just play and have fun, doesn't matter what level you are.
II-Siamak-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 II-Siamak-II

HeyBrunoBRS, I've transfered and been questing in your server for couple days, I also added u as friend and sent you an ingame mail but haven't got any invite to the guild. let me know when you get a chance.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BrunoBRS

HeyBrunoBRS, I've transfered and been questing in your server for couple days, I also added u as friend and sent you an ingame mail but haven't got any invite to the guild. let me know when you get a chance.

II-Siamak-II
oh, sorry about that. haven't been in-game since. i'll log in now and fix that.
II-Siamak-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 II-Siamak-II

[QUOTE="II-Siamak-II"]

BrunoBRS

oh, sorry about that. haven't been in-game since. i'll log in now and fix that.

ty much, im on currently as well

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#18 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Dude, I JUST started playing Guild Wars 2.

I'm not even Level 10 yet and I'm seeing everyone getting into the 40s 50s and 80s and they have all this epic gear and weaponry.

You are so much closer to Level 20, I envy you a bit.

I feel VERY feeble and just look up and see all of these High Levels being all high and mighty and it makes me just want to be just like them.

So I travel and go on quests and fight what ever I find, I may not have all the space I need to carry my stuff, I may not have the Best Gear, I may get lost and sometimes die in battle, but you shouldn't feel bad for not being level 60 or 80 now. It's a tough road, just need to pick yourself up and try to get stronger.

LegatoSkyheart

If you play like 2-3 hours a day, you can get to level 80 in like 2-3 weeks or less. Make the journey and climb feel special though. No rush. :)

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

Well I have some good news for ya....there is no endgame. Other than pvp I guess so don't feel bad...no one else has anything else to do now. :P

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BrunoBRS

Well I have some good news for ya....there is no endgame. Other than pvp I guess so don't feel bad...no one else has anything else to do now. :P

BSC14
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] *over 250 hours on a single character, still has a third of the world left to see, almost 20 dungeon paths left, and personal story to finish* the only people getting bored of it are people that played 24/7 since launch.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#21 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

BSC14
Stop speaking for everybody else. Level 80s are still playing the game, even for things other than PvP.
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#22 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

BSC14
You have been on a quest to get people to not like this game since beta, you failed. Give up already. We get it, GW2 is not for you. You are the only one who appears to not be okay with that.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

What does WW stand for?

What's max size pvp they have? 40 vs 40?

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BrunoBRS

What does WW stand for?

What's max size pvp they have? 40 vs 40?

ZombieKiller7
structured PvP (sPvP as it's known) can have up to 8x8 pick-up matches, or organized tournaments with teams of 5. WvW stands for World VS World. it's basically all 3 servers fighting in real time against each other on 4 large maps, capturing and defending keeps, towers, supply camps, etc. each map can have hundreds of players on each side, which is why 1- there's a limit of people per server on each map and 2- the maps are separated from each other. this keeps certain servers from building ridiculously big zergs and facerolling through the map.
NightmareP3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26 NightmareP3
Member since 2010 • 259 Posts

I had the game for 2 weeks and i'm only Level 8 with my Char Necromancer lol, i don't play the game all that much mainly becuse i'm not in a big MMORPG mode.