I can't hack the first computer in Alpha Protocol

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

So I've already understood how to hack and such but I can't find the right combination, what can I do?

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

You've just a few of those that can't see the code between all the moving numbers. It's a limitation of the brain.

I had a hard time aswell seeing the numbers, had to spend loads of hours to get used to it before i could even make it past the first hackable computer at the agency.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

One of the earliest skills you can learn is remote hacking. You won't have to play the minigames anymore. I think you just have to dump two skill points in one of the tech trees.

Until then... well, good luck.

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KillerJuan77

Ok I was really liking the game before that, I just hope I'm able to progress...

Also, why does everyone compares this to Mass Effect? If anything this is similar to Deus Ex.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

Because most players haven't played dues ex and thinks Mass effect invented the genre.

I've never understood how any could compare AP with any game really, it's quite unique in my opinion.

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KillerJuan77

Because most players haven't played dues ex and thinks Mass effect invented the genre.

I've never understood how any could compare AP with any game really, it's quite unique in my opinion.

kaealy

I think so too, it's really good (The game stutters on my PC though...), and I've learned how to hack, it's not hard.

RareMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RareMonkey
Member since 2010 • 207 Posts

Hacking on Alpha Protocol is next to impossible because of the horrible controls for PC. just bypass it whereever possible.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#8 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Took me 15mins to understand it properly. but now its easy as heck.

Just look for the number sets that are not moving (that just stand still)

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
I was in a simulat situation too. Just use the numbers appearing on each side on the top of the screen. You have to match them. By the way anyone else experianced crappy control in the minigame with the mouse? Seriously it was shallow, i was accidently clicking the wrong answer because of stupid mouse sensivity.

Ok I was really liking the game before that, I just hope I'm able to progress...

Also, why does everyone compares this to Mass Effect? If anything this is similar to Deus Ex.

KillerJuan77
Well because its an over the shoulder shooter on unreal engine with extremely similar weapon aiming and upgrade/inventory screens.
KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KillerJuan77

[QUOTE="KillerJuan77"]

dakan45

Well because its an over the shoulder shooter on unreal engine with extremely similar weapon aiming and upgrade/inventory screens.

Actually, the shooting and inventory system in here is like 100000+ times better than in Mass Effect

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#11 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

KillerJuan77

Dude same thing happened to me.. the first 15-20 mins I was kinda pissed haha. But once I learned it, had no issues for the rest of the game.