I can pick up black ops 2 for PC in 1 hour, is steam going to hold it for ransom

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Totalgym9000 (1456 posts) -

In Australia the midnight launch is about to happen in 1 hours time, I can pick the PC version up but when I look on steam it's saying the game doesn't unlock for 1 day 9 hours................. so would I only be able to install the game then have to wait, while console gamers can enjoy themselves strait away?

#2 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

Ye since its a steam only game, you wont be able to play it until it officaly comes out on steam.

#3 Posted by darksusperia (6945 posts) -
Probably. Steam always has this issue. They can never get the time right. Main reason i stopped pre-ordering through steam.
#4 Posted by Fairymittens (31 posts) -

Well im in Perth and it says now available on steam, so should be all good to unlock.

#5 Posted by bonafidetk (3911 posts) -

In Australia the midnight launch is about to happen in 1 hours time, I can pick the PC version up but when I look on steam it's saying the game doesn't unlock for 1 day 9 hours................. so would I only be able to install the game then have to wait, while console gamers can enjoy themselves strait away?

Totalgym9000
yep. Its always been this way with steam. Your game will be locked until steam says you're allowed to play it.