xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Like the author, I figured "civ vi" clone when I saw the reveal, but this looks like something distinct and rather exciting!

https://twinfinite.net/2019/08/humankind-preview-sega/

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Yeah I'm downloading it now for after I finish the witcher. Not normally into these kinds of games but just the idea peaked my interested enough.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

Wow this looks really interesting. Not the ugly guy playing Bach (really, wtf?), but the final third of the video :). Civ V is a game that I think I'll still enjoy 20 years from now, and this looks a lot like Civ, but with city builder elements which is great. Added to wish list.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58297 Posts

@xantufrog Yeah and it is being developed by the badass folks at Amplitude that did the "Endless" series of games, which are all insanely phenomenal.

If the game is half as good as Endless Space 2 or Endless Legend (and I expect to be twice as good, given it's TBS and similarity to Civ), it will be outstanding.

That teaser was pretty weird, but I liked it. Pushing humanity to the limit, sending homo neanderthalensis into space before they've developed into homo sapiens, like some unseen force nudging them along. I can dig it.

*was looking into strategy games after the recent game show in Germany, the genre is still alive and well. Even John Romero (yes, that John Romero) is stepping away from his phone games and doing a "real" game, which essentially looks like a mashup of Mafia and XCOM (in other words, awesome).

@PfizersaurusRex said:

Wow this looks really interesting. Not the ugly guy playing Bach (really, wtf?), but the final third of the video :). Civ V is a game that I think I'll still enjoy 20 years from now, and this looks a lot like Civ, but with city builder elements which is great. Added to wish list.

My dream game, the "game I would make if I was the head of a studio", is a mashup of TBS (like Civ) and City Builder (like Cities: Skylines). Turn-based grand strategy--economics, war, diplomacy, etc--but then real-time city-building in multiple cities.

I hope that is what this is. Honestly I'm not jumping to conclusions until the game is out and I see it for myself, but it'd be nice if this is what it is.