HP Pavilion DV6000 blackscreen problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StopFrameMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StopFrameMan
Member since 2013 • 94 Posts

Ok ok, I already tried all these simple fixes out there like....

unplug the power cable and battery and hold the power button for 30/60 seconds and then plug the power cable back in and start up...DIDN'T WORK.

repeatedly press CTRL ALT DELETE when I turn it on...DIDN'T WORK.

FN F5 repeadedly on startup... DIDN'T WORK.

the hairdryer to it...(I used a heater instead, because I don't have a hairdryer)...DIDN'T WORK.

I tryed taking RAM out and switching it around, NOTHING. nothing will work, the only thing I haven't tried is taking the laptop apart and "reflowing" the GPU.

Does anyone know of what to do>?

it powers on and the lights show up, but complete black screen nothing showing, I even tried to hook it up to an external monitor.

Oh, and when I power it on, the lights come on for a few seconds, then the lights turn off and back on.

It's my sisters laptop, and she said when the black screen happend she was playing a game on it, and then it froze up, and she couldn't do anything about it besides hold the power button to turn it off, and then thats when the black Screen problem happend.

It would be sooo nice to get it back working again, its had the black screen problem for a few months now, and I can't seem to get it working again.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Try the towel trick. It worked for my netbook last summer. It's been fine since. Google it.

Well. it is a method for reflowing CPU and/or GPU.

StopFrameMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By StopFrameMan
Member since 2013 • 94 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto: Thanks for replying, I'm gonna give a try! I'll tell you if it works......

I'm trying it now, hope it won't be to long before it overheats.

Thanks again for the suggest.

UPDATE:

IT WORKED!!!!!!!! thank you so much, it never did turn off because of overheating, but it finally got realllly hot and when I opened it up the screen was lit up.

I tried so many things, thank you for telling me about the towel trick. :) :)

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@StopFrameMan said:

@jun_aka_pekto: Thanks for replying, I'm gonna give a try! I'll tell you if it works......

I'm trying it now, hope it won't be to long before it overheats.

Thanks again for the suggest.

My Toshiba Mini NB305-N600 netbook overheated while playing one of the later levels in Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun. Same symptoms. The screen just froze with no recourse for me but to force a shutdown. Whenever I tried a restart, the lights would stop at the WiFi N LED and a blank LCD screen. I tried all suggestions I can find at Google with no luck. Finally, I tried the towel trick and left it to overheat for about an hour. After the netbook cooled down, I turned it on and it started right up. That was back in late July. It's still fine up to now.