This topic is locked from further discussion.

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

#1 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

I've been hearing a lot of good things about this game. I haven't really followed up on it lately but I've seen a vid or two showing the single player gameplay. I just wanna know if it's really worth picking up. I really enjoyed Battlefield 2 (still playing it too =D) and I was hoping to hear good things for this game, enough reasons for me to buy it.

If the multiplayer is awe-inspiring, then im sold.

BluePaw-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BluePaw-
Member since 2009 • 184 Posts

If the multiplayer is awe-inspiring...

mhofever

Oh it is, it is.

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mhofever

Well I've watching the Bad Company 2 Battlefield moments and realise that the sounds in the game are excellent. Does it really sound like that when your in-game?

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

Well I've watching the Bad Company 2 Battlefield moments and realise that the sounds in the game are excellent. Does it really sound like that when your in-game?

mhofever

I only played the 360 demo, but the sound on that version was seriously fantastic. I just picked up the PC version this morning and I can only imagine what it's going to sound like with my X-Fi card and 550watt 5.1 surround sound system I have hooked up to my computer :D

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mhofever

I also realised it's quite an opportune time since i'm getting my internet speed upgraded tommorow :D.

andrewt1187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 andrewt1187
Member since 2003 • 1524 Posts

mhofever

HDR sound man. Good sound design is a completely underrated aspect of games.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

[QUOTE="mhofever"]

andrewt1187

HDR sound man. Good sound design is a completely underrated aspect of games.

Totally. There's a few aspects games rarely take advantage of...sounds is one of them. Too few games really focus on making sounds a important part of gameplay. I think it's one of the reasons STALKER is so successful creating it's atmosphere.
arto1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 arto1223
Member since 2005 • 4412 Posts

The game is amazing. The beta was so much fun and the way the maps change as the game pregresses is refreshing. The combat feels goos and the sound design is some of the best.