How Well Has Spore Been Selling?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DGFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DGFreak
Member since 2003 • 2234 Posts

A lot of people have been coming out in support of boycotting games with excessive DRM. If you were to read the reviews on Amazon, one might be inclined to believe that sales of the game are dismal. I'm curious as to whether or not any numbers have been released. Low sales would be fantastic for getting EA to at least reconsider their excessive use of SecuROM and other DRM software packages.

machiavell8x8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 machiavell8x8
Member since 2008 • 1399 Posts
not to mention a game that fails to meet expectations
dyscr33t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dyscr33t
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I know I'm not buying it, it was never intriguing to me. Looks like it did even worse than I thought it would though.
grassdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 grassdream
Member since 2006 • 1902 Posts
Probably tons, but it released not even a week ago so I don't think any numbers have been released.
machiavell8x8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 machiavell8x8
yah soon as "real" reviews started dropping im sure the sales hit rock bottom. you always have to be weary of poster posers as well if you catch my drift
DGFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DGFreak
Member since 2003 • 2234 Posts

Probably tons, but it released not even a week ago so I don't think any numbers have been released.grassdream

When hit games do well out of the gate, we're usually alerted within a day or so by the publisher in trying to keep the hype machine going. The point that I'm getting at is that I don't think it's been doing so well, but I don't want to jump to any conclusions that may leave me disappointed later on.

noswear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 noswear
Member since 2008 • 3263 Posts
Probably a lot, given that my Singstar-and-Sims only sister asked me to buy it for her.
Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#8 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts

Spore was #4 yesterday most play game on Xfire list of games. Thats pretty impressive since most of the top 10 games Xfire is multiplayer games. I would say Spore have sold very well so far.

machiavell8x8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 machiavell8x8

its #5 now, and just for comparison warcraft III is #7 LOL

all the games in the top 10 are years old except for cod4 :( pc gamin is hurting

noswear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 noswear
Member since 2008 • 3263 Posts

all the games in the top 10 are years old except for cod4 :( pc gamin is hurting

machiavell8x8

No, we have decent games that don't rely on graphics to be good.

machiavell8x8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 machiavell8x8
yah i heard alot of people like wow
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
I bought it. very fun.
evilbanshee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 evilbanshee
Member since 2003 • 659 Posts
It's #4 right now in the overall video games and hardware bestsellers list at Amazon. Considering how little America cares for PC games, I'd say Spore is selling amazingly well.
claytoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 claytoma
Member since 2002 • 1508 Posts
I don't know why but I have such a strong curiosity about this game. I read so many disappointing community reviews that I should be detracted completely, but still I'm curious. I don't usually like this type of game, but still I'm curious. I've never had this much curiosity about a game I know I won't like. I'm just trying to withstand the urge to buy it, because I don't want to hear myself, tell myself, I told you so. I hate it when I do that to me and would probably end up telling myself "F" off and leave the computer room. Yes, I'm on my antipsychotic meds.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11790 Posts
yah soon as "real" reviews started dropping im sure the sales hit rock bottom. you always have to be weary of poster posers as well if you catch my driftmachiavell8x8
lol yeah i feel you... that and posers period, there are millions upon millions of them.... robots lol cant even have a real thought or feeling of their own.
Helbrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Helbrec
Member since 2008 • 1325 Posts

machiavell8x8

Warcraft 3 probably beats 99% of console games, its the best rts of all time. Something your precious console lacks.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lach0121
[QUOTE="machiavell8x8"]

Helbrec

Warcraft 3 probably beats 99% of console games, its the best rts of all time. Something your precious console lacks.

i disagree about warcraft... but hey its all opinion... secondly pc gaming is far from inferior to console gaming, dedicated servers are one thing console gaming lacks for sure...
blade55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 blade55555
Member since 2005 • 1116 Posts
And most games are at most 24 players a server... thats lame i prefer 64 ^^. But I was never a fan of Warcraft was boring to me.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lach0121
[QUOTE="Helbrec"][QUOTE="machiavell8x8"]

Lach0121

i disagree about warcraft... but hey its all opinion... secondly pc gaming is far from inferior to console gaming, dedicated servers are one thing console gaming lacks for sure...

and not to mention console games cost quite a bit more... and there are literally over a 100 times more games for the pc..

sorry this is turning into system wars, and i shouldnt contribute to that....

Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts

Well, Spore was sold out at the stores I went to.

I think it's safe to say that Spore is selling fairly well.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lach0121

Well, Spore was sold out at the stores I went to.

I think it's safe to say that Spore is selling fairly well.

Einhanderkiller
yeah i went to gamestop just to get out of the house today, and there were still a good bit of copies at that store... and i saw a couple of copies at walmart, well it was either walmart or target, dont remember that was a day or two ago lol.
fatshodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fatshodan
Member since 2008 • 2886 Posts

I don't know numbers, but it's fair to assume Spore is selling extremely well at the moment. For instance:

It's 4th at Amazon.com in game sales, it's 3rd at Amazon.de and it's the top seller at Amazon.co.uk. I think it's fair to assume it's selling very well for now. The game was hyped to hell and back, and the game surely has hundreds of thousands, if not millions of pre-orders. Those sales will be very strong.

If anything, it's in the coming weeks that Spore will stop selling well as people are actually reading what others have to say about the game. I'm just speculating, of course.

maverick_matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 maverick_matt
Member since 2005 • 747 Posts

It's the best selling PC game at game and the 3rd best seller on all formats. It also had the highest number of pre-orders so it's safe to say it's selling well.

Got 91% in PC Gamer so I'm definitely intrigued about this game although there are many, many kinks in it according to the review.