How well do you think GFWL will do after version 3 comes out?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rwbojorquez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rwbojorquez
Member since 2003 • 1031 Posts

Check this out http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Community/NewsArticles/Pages/gfwldrewinterview.aspx

Myself I like some stuff but i'll need to wait to see if it works out well. I'll be impress if they pull one thing flawless in version 3.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

The thing has no chanse against steam. Their are barly any games that support the thing anyway.

OoLugioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 OoLugioO
Member since 2008 • 60 Posts

At this point, Microsoft is understanding why users prefer the Steam service. Mainly it has to do with great support, and as so GFWL seems to be improving in that regards. While these new features for version 3 sounds immense, it still needs more improvement underneath the surface with games that actually support the service. GFWL also suffers from a clunky UI that is rather unattractive with few integrated community features that Steam administers. Currently, Steam is in a league of it's own with little to no competition respectively.

Delius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Delius
Member since 2005 • 571 Posts

About as well as they've been doing to this point: A sub-par service with barely a handfull of games. Comparing GFWL to Steam is like comparing little league to MLB.