How to use the Dreadnought in Dawn of War 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DVzomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DVzomb
Member since 2008 • 422 Posts

I just got this weapon after collecting the primary samples, and it says that I can't equip it to anyone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

the Dreadnought is not a weapon, but aWalker type tank you will likely soon aquire, it gets added automaticly, and belive me, you will NOT be in doubt when that monster walks over the screen.

Only sad part isthatit takes up a squad slot.

(btw: its burst fire **** with theassaultcannon it has is just about the most devestating thing in the game when upgraded)

DVzomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DVzomb
Member since 2008 • 422 Posts

It's just that I was having trouble with the last part of the Angel Gate mission, where you have to take over the building in the middle of the map, and a guide said that the dreadnought would help a lot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

cant remember the angel gate map... the Dreadnaught is a squad member, so it is not really a weapon, but a unit, you have to choose the dreadnaught as another team you put into the droppod.

Is Angelgate after the Alpha Hive Tyrant map? I think Angel gate is a fair bit earlier on.

What you are talking about might be the "Terminator - tactical Dreadnaught armor" yeah I know, the names are confusing ^^ its basicly an armor that bridge the gap between a marine, and the allpowerful Dreadnaught.

If its the armor (you find it in the warehouse up north), then you need not worry yourself with it, the squad you leave up there, will don the armor, and port to your leader when the fighting gets tough

weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts

cant remember the angel gate map... the Dreadnaught is a squad member, so it is not really a weapon, but a unit, you have to choose the dreadnaught as another team you put into the droppod.

Is Angelgate after the Alpha Hive Tyrant map? I think Angel gate is a fair bit earlier on.

What you are talking about might be the "Terminator - tactical Dreadnaught armor" yeah I know, the names are confusing ^^ its basicly an armor that bridge the gap between a marine, and the allpowerful Dreadnaught.

If its the armor (you find it in the warehouse up north), then you need not worry yourself with it, the squad you leave up there, will don the armor, and port to your leader when the fighting gets tough

Maddie_Larkin

If it is the terminator armor, you will need a squad that you gave skill points up to "terminator armor" before they can use it.

Drazule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Drazule
Member since 2007 • 8693 Posts

[spoiler] You have to finish all the missions that you need to save Thule. When you save him he will come as a dreadnought. You give the weapons to him. [/spoiler]

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
[QUOTE="sataricon"]

In another note the dreadnought sucks..i'm sorry but it's not DOW1 or it's expansions.

That thing can't take much damage and is limited in it's skills and the only use i find for it is the assault cannon and make it a ranged fighter but then again you can do the same with any terminator squad you have that you can heal on the fly and reinforce.

In multiplayer no way.. In singleplayer the ranged some what sucks but it gets the most powerful skill in the game with a fast recharge and you never run out of energy to do it.. If I ever bother to play through again I will go down the melee path.
Ein-7919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ein-7919
Member since 2003 • 3490 Posts

In another note the dreadnought sucks..i'm sorry but it's not DOW1 or it's expansions.

That thing can't take much damage and is limited in it's skills and the only use i find for it is the assault cannon and make it a ranged fighter but then again you can do the same with any terminator squad you have that you can heal on the fly and reinforce.

sataricon

There is one role the Dreadnaught excels at: defense missions. The communication relay/temple/manufactorum bases also automatically heal anyunit nearby (including the dreadnaught). Combine that with the inherent swarming waves you encounter during defense missions, the dreadnaught's hellfire assault cannon ability (I think it's the maximum skill-up in the Ranged attribute tree) becomes invaluable.