How to run a Japanese Game on a XP Pro

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JHG6784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 JHG6784
Member since 2004 • 552 Posts
ok i bought a japanese game for pc about two months ago it ran perfectly fine the first time i install it...... but now i just reinstall my pc and reinstall the same game and it just won't run! It will open up then automatically close! Any idea how to fix this?
K_r_a_u_s_e_r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 K_r_a_u_s_e_r
Member since 2007 • 775 Posts
Tried checking their website for any potential fixes? There could be many things preventing it from running, can you even install the game correctly?
Avatar image for BEAN_LARD_MULCH
BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BEAN_LARD_MULCH
Member since 2006 • 4720 Posts
I can run my japanese games perfectly, anyhting change since the last time you installed?
K_r_a_u_s_e_r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 K_r_a_u_s_e_r
Member since 2007 • 775 Posts
By reinstalled your PC I assume you mean you reformatted and added a clean version of XP Pro?
SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SuperBeast
Member since 2002 • 13229 Posts
Most likely just forgot to update all of your drivers and such when you did a clean install.  
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

Most Japanese games use non-Unicode scripts that most english-speaking XP Pro users don't have installed (and even if they do, they probably don't have their copy of XP localized for Japanese applications.) These applications generally won't launch at all if your regional input & language settings aren't set to Japanese.

The easiest way to get around this is to use Microsoft's application AppLocale. This utility allows you to run any given application in a number of different scripts/dialects. Japanese included.

Install/Launch the wizard. It's pretty straghtforward, just follow the steps. It should automatically detect the language needed when you select the application to use with it, but just incase it doesn't, you should select  for "Japanese." Once you're done with that, simply double-click the shortcut created by the wizard to launch the game, and it should work perfectly.

Hope that helps. Though there could be a number of other problems causing the game not to run correctly. Post again if you're still having problems.

blackeagle84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 blackeagle84
Member since 2007 • 389 Posts
Who **** plays japanese games ?
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

Who **** plays japanese games ?blackeagle84

Is that a joke?

..Probably somewhere around 95% of all gamers have played Japanese games.

JHG6784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JHG6784

yeah i finally got it up and running i did another clean install and reinstall region and it work perfectly fine. Thanks for all the help

BTW: Millions of People play Japanese games 

t0adphr0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 t0adphr0g
Member since 2006 • 882 Posts
Are Americans that ignorant to think the Internet, and videogames are written only in English?
JHG6784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JHG6784
i'm american and i wasn't ignorant of that fact, i think my xp cd had a scratch and didn't install the region properly or my processor overheated at that moment and seize up. Causing the data to corrupt
aarono2690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 aarono2690
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Lovely how only the ignorant Americans can make such an assumption. Those in the UK and Canada are too above to think such things.:roll: