how to host games in warcraft 3 frozen throne?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 dragonmaster64
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts
i have been playing war 3 frozen throne for a long time and i am unable to host. i already read the link in the war 3 frozen throne forum but that was no help. but someone told me that there is a way and you need to do something with a program call postforward or portforward (not sure). can someone please provide me a detailed link on how to host games because im very new when deeling with stuff like this. thanks
Menelyagor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Menelyagor
Member since 2005 • 851 Posts
lol, portforwarding isnt a program, its something you do in your router control panel. So if your using a router, go to your browser and type either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 and try to find the section with Port Forwarding, then your just going to select the game and go from there, it varies from router to router.
milosbeli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 milosbeli
Member since 2007 • 1045 Posts

lol, portforwarding isnt a program, its something you do in your router control panel. So if your using a router, go to your browser and type either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 and try to find the section with Port Forwarding, then your just going to select the game and go from there, it varies from router to router.Menelyagor

yep as he said and the ports for wc3 are 6112

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dragonmaster64
so is that it nothing else? is this the details?
MarksPin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MarksPin
Member since 2004 • 52 Posts

He probably meant this: http://portforward.com/store/default.htm

It's easy to set up the port forwarding yourself though, just follow one of these guides: http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dragonmaster64
alright thanks it worked!
Leoplurodawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Leoplurodawn
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
just to add onto this year old post, i've followed the instructions but i still can't host. The only thing i can figure that i did wrong is the private IP address. Can anybody tell me what it is, because i put my IP down for that area, seeing as i couldn't submit it blank.