How To Be a Good Gamer.?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Anjularatnayaka
Anjularatnayaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Anjularatnayaka
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I need to be a good gamer. i can't play games very well. I need trainers for every game. even with the trainers , i stuck in missions, like Transformers- 2nd mission Two Thrones- First Boss mission Delta force land warrior- 1st mission X-men official game - Some mission that Ice Man(Bobby) has to freeze towers. Ultimate Spider-Man - Vemon chase Call of Duty- the mission that i have to defend a soldier with a sniper. Please help. how can i play a game if i stuck in mission like this even with a trainer. I need to be a Good Gamer. Please Help. don't say watch or read walkthroughs. i watch video on my stucked missions but don,t work for me. Please Help.
DynV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

User Lists: 2

#2 DynV
Member since 2008 • 260 Posts

First the answer is: own a great video card. :lol:

The point of gaming is having fun, not impress your acquaintances (friends surely don't care if you can't even play Solitary nor Tetris) nor be the best on a multiplayer server nor become skilled nor better at solving puzzles. Fun is the keyword, anything else is secondary. Of course if you have fun at killing more and more difficult opponents or solving more difficult puzzles, then why not. But if you're not having fun at it, I strongly suggest you stop what you're doing and either find other games, make it easier (either by choosing the mode or using cheats) or find another hobby.

I don't like to cheat in games but when I find things that aren't logic, I use them. For example in Oblivion I could bring a horse with me so why couldn't I put carry bags on it or use a trailer? Unlogic! So I gave myself (for free using the console) very strong potions that allowed me to put on me hundreds of pounds of equipment however, I only used them from the pile next to the exit door up to a store or a house so it was the same effect as if I had a trailer for my horse, I still had to bring the loot by normal methods of going back & forth or using potions I paid for from aaaaaaall the way down the dungeons up to the exit door.

You can use the same logic, imagine you're in easy mode and you still think there should be a very easy mode 2/3 the difficulty of that the either cheat your way out of getting protection a 1/3 higher than what you'd get at that point in that game (ie: you get an armor +4, don't pick that up and give yourself for free a +6 one) or cheat killing a 1/3 of your opponents (there's often a command that drop dead an opponent with a single line, ie: instakill, set health 0, ...), the first method of adding an extra 1/3 protection seem better to me. And if 2/3 of easy is still too tough, go to 1/2, perhaps your next game you can handle 2/3 !

And remember: Have fun! ;)

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

I need to be a good gamer. i can't play games very well. I need trainers for every game. even with the trainers , i stuck in missions, like Transformers- 2nd mission Two Thrones- First Boss mission Delta force land warrior- 1st mission X-men official game - Some mission that Ice Man(Bobby) has to freeze towers. Ultimate Spider-Man - Vemon chase Call of Duty- the mission that i have to defend a soldier with a sniper. Please help. how can i play a game if i stuck in mission like this even with a trainer. I need to be a Good Gamer. Please Help. don't say watch or read walkthroughs. i watch video on my stucked missions but don,t work for me. Please Help.Anjularatnayaka
dude, you can't be a good gamer - everyone plays on their difficulty, some are good in the specific genre of gaming and some aren't; I'll recommend you to choose easy/novice/rookie difficulty in every game because you seem to be not a pro gamer to me. To me for example throw me any shooter and I'm instantly on the top list if not on the 1st place.

You probably just started your "gaming career" so keep playing and eventually after many games in the specific genre you'll become an experienced one that will need no trainers and even on medium/hard difficulty :)

ventnor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ventnor
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

I need to be a good gamer. i can't play games very well. I need trainers for every game. even with the trainers , i stuck in missions, like Transformers- 2nd mission Two Thrones- First Boss mission Delta force land warrior- 1st mission X-men official game - Some mission that Ice Man(Bobby) has to freeze towers. Ultimate Spider-Man - Vemon chase Call of Duty- the mission that i have to defend a soldier with a sniper. Please help. how can i play a game if i stuck in mission like this even with a trainer. I need to be a Good Gamer. Please Help. don't say watch or read walkthroughs. i watch video on my stucked missions but don,t work for me. Please Help.Anjularatnayaka

Just don't even use trainers/cheats, this wont make you better at all.

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts
I guess I can understand where you are coming from. You seem frustrated that you can't get ahead in these games, but keep trying. Eventually, you'll get passed those hard spots, and then go and play and enjoy games that don't frustrate you as well. You don't need to beat yourself up with really hard games, because you feel some obligation to yourself as a gamer to try to be really really good if you aren't. I know this all too well. I played Crysis online for a while, and got owned so bad all the time. I just suck at online FPSs. 33 kills to 100 deaths? That's really bad, but when I did get a kill, I loved it. I had fun none the less. I used to be a console gamer who played CoD 4 online, and I got some really rude comments from people; both because of my total suckage, and my desire to talk as well, seeing as I owned a headset. I just blew them off and went on. I suck even worse at Crysis online. Don't bother me a bit. It's all about the fun.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#6 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
I'll be your tutor! :D
Xsan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Xsan3
Member since 2009 • 2618 Posts

Step one: Play a lot of Games

Step two: Be better than the ones you Play against.

Step Three: If you can't accomplish Step Two - than theres no hope.

Personally, I feel you just have to gain a lot of experience and hopfully some natural talent will shine through.
But if you play all the time and don't see yourself improving, then maybe you lack that natrual talent. In that case, just play the game and have fun.
Thats what they're intended for.
What ever you do, don't be a poser and talk like u pwn, cause you'll end up getting pwned and look foolish in the end.

KhanhAgE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KhanhAgE
Member since 2004 • 1345 Posts
One of the reasons as to why you might not be improving is the fact that you use trainers. You'll never become better if you cheat.
Dimiter_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dimiter_M
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Just play, dammit!

When I get stuck in a game I try it again and again and soon I pass it - that's how it works! ;) A "good gamer" is an experienced gamer - by progressing in different games and genres you will notice your own performance increasing - it just takes time (some take less, some take more)... :)

And don't forget - gaming is mainly for fun! All achievements come later, just continue struggling!!!

macronia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 macronia
Member since 2008 • 585 Posts
use ur mind and ur hands .. u only need them to play :D
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts
eat your greens and put the ball down. ...wait thats rugby. take off the trainers and just practice. get used to the controls. start on an easy setting. i dont mean to give the smart alec answer.....but basically learn. oh and have fun. fun is important in games.
jernas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 jernas
Member since 2005 • 1514 Posts

Those games you listed are **** I'd suggest you grab some better games like for example F.E.A.R. or Doom 3. Both games are very well balanced and there are no hard spots where difficulty increases dramatically.

Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

If you been play without any time outs or any food & drink, you'll probably find your brain turning to mush after a while, which will affect your concentration. Be sure to take regular breaks. When I'm doing anything on my PC, gaming or not, I usually take about 5 to 10 minutes out every hour and grab a drink.

Don't use walkthroughs or trainers. Working things out yourself will improve your ability to analyse and solve problems independently, which in turn will improve your skill in most if not all games.

Don't be ashamed to play on an easier skill level if you're finding things too hard. When you find yourself finishing (or at least nearly finishing) games on easy, play it again on the next skill level up. Don't bite off more than you can chew - ease yourself into it.

But the main thing is... practice!

EDIT: And as Jernas said above, pick up some better games. The ones you've mentioned aren't exactly the cream of the crop.

keren_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 keren_man
Member since 2009 • 191 Posts

Never give up, just keep trying, and don't use trainer it is more better if you played the games from easiest difficulty then step up into higher ones if you think you've already quite good.

Farkeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Farkeman
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts
step 1 : dont be stupid step 2 : practise , keep trying where you fail step 3 : l2p todays games are so easy that its impossible to fail somewhere ...