How "stealthy" is SC: Conviction?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58484 Posts

Hi all!

So I got my tax check today, woooo!

Anyway, I was looking at SC: Conviction. It looks good, I loved the characters, plot, setting, etc in all the games, but found the gameplay in Double Agent horrible compared to the first three titles. They did away with too much stealth...did away withtoo much low-intensity, high-suspense stealth stalking and stuff

So, my question is this: how stealthy is Conviction?

Also, is it a good game all around...Double Agent was a buggy mess and is to this day.

So, as a person who loved the first three Splinter Cell games, but hated Double Agent, would I enjoy Conviction?

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
Well I have heard the stealth is still there if you choose that route. However I can not fully comment until the 27th, since that is when the PC gamers get it.
scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

My friend got it for 360 to avoid the DRM and it seems significantly less stealthy than the previous ones I've played. (1 and Pandora Tommorow)

SmokieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 SmokieX
Member since 2005 • 2412 Posts

You can go the stealth route if you want, without using the M&E system but it's very basic compared to the other games. No more whistling or throwing objects at bad guys to lure them your way. The stealth meter is also gone, and is replaced with the screen going black and white to show that you are hidden. You can't hide bodies and I think the level design was somewhat boring also. Oh yeah the night vision goggles, are replaced with sonar and sucks when you're moving because it gets distorted. It's a good game but the stealth gameplay is very basic.

ish27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 ish27
Member since 2006 • 1003 Posts

You can play about 70% of the game in stealth, no kills, no detection. But there are quite a few parts where you are required to shoot and kill hostiles, whereby you are essentially forced to be detected. I've played through 6 missions on the 360 in about 7 hours without trying to be overly stealthy (although I do like sneaking up to guards and using a hand-to-hand kill to get the Mark and Execute).

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

You can go the stealth route if you want, without using the M&E system but it's very basic compared to the other games. No more whistling or throwing objects at bad guys to lure them your way. The stealth meter is also gone, and is replaced with the screen going black and white to show that you are hidden. You can't hide bodies and I think the level design was somewhat boring also. Oh yeah the night vision goggles, are replaced with sonar and sucks when you're moving because it gets distorted. It's a good game but the stealth gameplay is very basic.

SmokieX

That sounds really stupid. I hate it when devs dumb down games.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
It's not really that stealthy at all. I've played through the entire game, and it's missing a lot of basic stealth elements, and pretty much encourages you to go on killing sprees in a few places by funneling you into areas full of guards.
DasVolks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DasVolks
Member since 2010 • 495 Posts

[QUOTE="SmokieX"]

morrowindnic

That sounds really stupid. I hate it when devs dumb down games.

Indeed. It is no longer a Splinter Cell game...the series is dead.

Also, gotta love how they plaster hints in big white font all over the walls in this game.