how much time does it take to adjust to uninverted controls?

maityankit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 maityankit
Member since 2013 • 30 Posts

i am so done with my quest from inverted to uninverted. it's been only a few hours but I'm frustrated to die again and again. The reason I had to switch was the crappy recoil control on R6S for inverted controls. Any tips?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@maityankit: "Un-inverted" are people really this dumb...?

There's no such word, its called regular or normal ffs.

maityankit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By maityankit

@GTR12 I'm glad you could see the important part of this post.

further reading for your lack of vocabulary knowledge: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/uninverted

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GTR12

@maityankit said:

further reading for your lack of vocabulary knowledge: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/uninverted

Really? you're quoting wiki...

Anyways it takes 3 seconds.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@maityankit: Took me around 4-6 hours of actual play time, spread over a few days.

I found it helpful to train uninverted on fallout 4, as I could rely on VATS while getting used to it.

maityankit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 maityankit

i've played a few hours worth of R6S, and I am not yet at the skill level I was before :/ but thanks

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GTR12

@Yams1980 said:
@maityankit said:

lol nice, you burned that kid. This is why you shouldn't be a grammar nazi. I'd say his attack on you was unintelligent but that's probably not a word.

Do you know what wiki even is? anyone can post anything.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

@GTR12 said:
@Yams1980 said:
@maityankit said:

lol nice, you burned that kid. This is why you shouldn't be a grammar nazi. I'd say his attack on you was unintelligent but that's probably not a word.

Do you know what wiki even is? anyone can post anything.

Still doesn't excuse your ridiculous post when you obviously know what he meant. Being unhelpful just to troll is pretty sad. This isn't System Wars.

On topic, it takes a while to get down. In the end it just boils down to constant practice. I'd recommend playing some single-player shooters to get used to it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58296 Posts

@maityankit: I've only used inverted controls where it felt natural, like in simulations where you are piloting a plane or spaceship. If you are refering to inverted controls on a controller, like for first-person games, it might take you a while to unlearn it. I try playing with a controller a couple times each week but I still have yet to master it.

Are you on a keyboard and mouse, or game controller?

@GTR12: don't be a dick. What's the point? You clearly knew what he was asking, whether he phrased it correctly or not. Maybe next time be a stand-up dude and answer the question. I will never understand why people go out of their way to be mean...

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

My brain only understands inverted, for camera control in first/third person, flight, urrthang. My wife and friends make fun of me, always have but I can't wrap my brain around "un-inverted" controls. I just end up spinning around looking into the sky lol. IDK how you people do it?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GTR12

@mrbojangles25: @Toxic-Seahorse: Lets just go making up random words and just add them to the dictionary then, I don't like the word "ugly", lets change it to "un-beautiful" or how about removing the word "dumb", its not PC enough, lets call it "un-smart".

Also, my next post answered the question, no wait my "post-post" which comes after "pre-post"

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

@GTR12 said:

@maityankit: "Un-inverted" are people really this dumb...?

There's no such word, its called regular or normal ffs.

You can call anything you do "regular" or "normal", doesn't mean the next person will do the same. Just like how some people pronounce words. I know people that say "pillow" and some that say "pallow". Or those that say "wash" and others that say "warsh".

@GTR12 said:

@mrbojangles25: @Toxic-Seahorse: Lets just go making up random words and just add them to the dictionary then, I don't like the word "ugly", lets change it to "un-beautiful" or how about removing the word "dumb", its not PC enough, lets call it "un-smart".

Also, my next post answered the question, no wait my "post-post" which comes after "pre-post"

You do realize that people make up random words all the time. How do think language has progressed through all these years? New words are added to the language all the time and even accepted into Webster's Dictionary. Look at this link that shows they added 850 words (sadly though, they fail to actually provide a list of all the new words) in 2018......worthless post on their site if they can't even provide a full list.

@maityankit said:

i am so done with my quest from inverted to uninverted. it's been only a few hours but I'm frustrated to die again and again. The reason I had to switch was the crappy recoil control on R6S for inverted controls. Any tips?

I'm not a fan of using a controller for playing a FPS/TPS. For some reason I always feel like up is down and down is up when looking on the vertical axis. Last console game I played was a Halo game on the 360. My brother came over to visit and brought his 360. We connected it to the network and got online. He wanted to play some multiplayer with some buddies, so we took turns playing them. Every time I held the controller I couldn't play on normal, I had to set it to inverted. My brother laughed at me....but I kicked the crap out of his buddies and he laughed even more and then told them how I was playing inverted and kicking the shit out of them.

My brother then tried playing inverted and got slaughtered and I tried playing normal and got my butt kicked. After an hour so of playing this way we started to adjust, but still not that great. It will take a while to build up your muscle memory, just keep at it.

For me, the Mouse/Keyboard - down is down and up is up. It's funny how the brain works at times.

maityankit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 maityankit

@neatfeatguy@mrbojangles25

It took me approximate a week worth of playing just R6S, that's approximately 14-ish hours I'd say? My game sense is still not on point, but I can clutch/aim/roam well, so the basics are set. I'd say your estimates were pretty good too. I am on a keyboard-mouse setup btw, not controller.

@GTR12

Why can't you just a nice person on a site and accept things as they are. People (including me) will appreciate that, I'm sure.