How many people know about the Oculus Rift?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by jmosher65 (25 posts) -

I'm a little out of touch with the general public as I spend 90% of my time, exercising with the internet, but do most people know about the Oculus Rift or have a lot of people still not heard about it yet?

#2 Posted by GTR12 (12558 posts) -

@jmosher65:

Better question, how many people DONT know about the "OR" or VR in general.

#3 Posted by PredatorRules (11941 posts) -

@GTR12 said:

@jmosher65:

You'd be surprised but lots of people don't know about the OR, unlike us gamers - the standart consumer don't game on PCs or consoles, they game on their phones at most.

Good thing Facebook bought it, this way it's going to be used (hopefully) outside of the gamer's community as well.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
#4 Posted by Notorious1234NA (1917 posts) -

@PredatorRules: many do so says the number of views on youtube.

The issue is most know it'll will never be a cheap, at retails tomorrow, and its stupid. The avg gamer heck person couldn't even put on 3D glasses.

#5 Posted by GTR12 (12558 posts) -

@PredatorRules said:

@GTR12 said:

@jmosher65:

You'd be surprised but lots of people don't know about the OR, unlike us gamers - the standart consumer don't game on PCs or consoles, they game on their phones at most.

Good thing Facebook bought it, this way it's going to be used (hopefully) outside of the gamer's community as well.

People still don't know about it...? highly doubt that, FB bought it, and VR has been talked about on TV here, like the news and other shows. I don't use FB personally, but a billion people do, and some would have heard of it surely?

Even my mum knows what VR is, "Its that thing you put on your head and you see stuff" (She can ONLY just use an iPad, so yeah)

#6 Posted by pelvist (6647 posts) -

Everyone that uses Facebook will know about it when the time comes.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
#7 Posted by deactivated-57e5de5e137a4 (12929 posts) -

Not many at all. The internet collective bubble will learn about it when it's actually released to consumers, but it will take a long time before it's reached the general consciousness. Heck, I have a very public job and am amazed by the hundreds I've talked to that never use computers.

#8 Edited by commander (14095 posts) -

Yeah, not many people do know about it, a lot of gamers are console gamers and a lot of them don't go on gamessites.

Vr will change gaming completely. The way we play games today, in ten years time , will be the same as 2d games today.

Since vr will pretty much take over everything

#9 Posted by lawlessx (48753 posts) -

@pelvist said:

Everyone that uses Facebook will know about it when the time comes.

pretty much this. My guess is by the end of next year when alot more games are out for it.

#10 Posted by 04dcarraher (22774 posts) -

better question who has tried it? Im lucky to have a buddy that bought the devkit.

#11 Posted by Blutfahne (276 posts) -

@04dcarraher said:

better question who has tried it? Im lucky to have a buddy that bought the devkit.

And? Shit good or what? Is it the future?

#12 Edited by lawlessx (48753 posts) -

@blutfahne said:

@04dcarraher said:

And? Shit good or what? Is it the future?

i haven't tried it yet,but the youtube videos tell me that its certainty not shit.

#13 Edited by AutoPilotOn (8655 posts) -

I figured anyone who cares about tech even a little knows about it. I'd like to try it sometime.

Avatar image for goutsmasherlive
#14 Posted by GoutSmasherLive (25 posts) -

The OR is pretty well known...to people like us who opt in and discuss about it in Forums like these. In my Facebook circles, only the gamers actually know about it - and that's about 15 out of 40 people.