How long will my system last?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by HyperWarlock (3295 posts) -

So i've just recently finished building my mid range gaming PC, I had a pretty small budget but I think I did pretty well for the amount I had to work with.

My question is, how long will my system continue to be able to play new games at high settings with good FPS? Just a rough estimate.

My specs are in my sig, thanks :)

#2 Posted by Star67 (4186 posts) -

Id say you will be fine for 2 years at the most. Could always SLI or upgrade card after that.

#3 Posted by MonsieurX (36672 posts) -

Id say you will be fine for 2 years at the most. Could always SLI or upgrade card after that.

Star67
I'd say one before games start slowing out a bit
#4 Posted by Guppy507 (17401 posts) -
Well its a 3 year old CPU. Mine still works fine, but I don't plan to keep it for more than a year longer.
#5 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (5142 posts) -
You have like most people up until 720 and PS4 games start being ported to the PC then you will require a upgrade... While games are still being developed for current consoles you will be fine with anything better than a GTX 460 - HD 5850 upwards. Once the new engines are in use and games are being developed for consoles with more RAM anyone with less than 2GB's VRAM won't be having a great experience... The same thing happened to 256 MB - 320 MB GPU's around the 360 launch, they became redundant. 1 GB cards have a year left or so.