how is this .monitor.?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Goldensun48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Goldensun48
Member since 2006 • 1181 Posts
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Acer-22-Widescreen-Monitor-AL2216WBD/sem/rpsm/oid/16299/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do#tabs

i really dont care about the size looks like a great monitor for my 360 and room. how do you guys think it is?
cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 cspiffo
Member since 2005 • 2841 Posts
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Acer-22-Widescreen-Monitor-AL2216WBD/sem/rpsm/oid/16299/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do#tabs

i really dont care about the size looks like a great monitor for my 360 and room. how do you guys think it is?
Goldensun48
I like that monitor. I've been recommending it to others in other forums. It has everything you need...Except speakers!
white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 white45e
Member since 2006 • 2453 Posts
 for the price its a rip off
cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cspiffo
That's just about how much others are charging for it. what the circuit city website doesn't tell you about that monitor is that it supports HDCP through DVI. I know HDCP sucks, but it will be essential for the new operating system and HD content!
Goldensun48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Goldensun48
Member since 2006 • 1181 Posts
dude im not using dvi im using VGA boy lol
cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cspiffo
dude im not using dvi im using VGA boy lolGoldensun48
What I'm saying about the monitor is that it is future proof! It has VGA and DVI-HDCP. Right now all you need is a monitor with vga. In the future you might decide to buy an HDTV and play your 360 on that. What will you do with your monitor then? The new Windows Vista is out now and say you decide that you want a new cpu. HDDVD or Bluray has become the standard disc format. One problem though! HD content through these formats is locked out by Windows vista due to copy protection. The only way to play that content is to have a HDCP compliant monitor. This is a hypothetical, but very real possibility. The extra features just add to your purchase.