How is the Sims 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xboxmad12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 xboxmad12
Member since 2009 • 575 Posts

For those of you who have played it, is it easy to pick up? Or does it feel complicated? Can someone tell me the bad points about the game because i've heard all of the good.

rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts
Even though it has been patched it is still a hog so make sure you can get a decent framerate. Really there is much bad that I can say. I found it to be for the most part alot better than Sims 2. The biggest con for me was that I expected way too much of the AI. I thought there would be some major improvements in the interactions, but was sorely disapointed. Also and this is just my opinion I think the game is less moddable than the previous games, but maybe things have changed since I played it. Still the graphics are amazing so building a house is more fun then ever.
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#3 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

My wife is addicted to Sims, it seems to me the people who are really into it are those who design/build custom content. As a game by itself not sure if it has much leg to stand on. Just an observation though, not my type of game.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#4 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

The biggest change is the open and continuous neighbourhoods. Otherwise, the basic mechanics are the same. And it's true the game is a framerate hog so you'll need a fairly powerful rig but that's the only real drawback to the game. Anybody who is a fan of The Sims should enjoy it.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23895 Posts

I like the game, but it got flaws.

• Bugs
  • Terrible ideas implemented in expansions
  • Terrible ideas made worse through terrible implementation
  • Expansion Pack Milkage
  • Stuff Pack Milkate
  • EA store milkate
  • I dont know if it has been fixed, but the meteor was terribly implemented before. Basicly anytime you are outside there is a small chance that a meteor may land on your sim, your sim has several seconds to move out however, and really, unless you want the sim to die, he will not stand under the meteor, non controllable sims are smart enough to move out of the way as well. Anyway, here is a glaring flaw, which is most likely a bug. The meteors could go after your sim in a rabbit hole. This means that if your sim is at work that sim and all others in the workplace WILL die, there is nothing you can do about it. Same goes for school, if a meteor targets a child or teen at school, EVERYONE who is a child or teen in the neighbourhood will perish. Even if it hasnt been fixed, you can still avoid it by not installing Ambitions.
  • The game punishes some lifestyles thanks to the omniscient community. Reputation and Celebrity status were bad ideas, to make matters worse, Reputation was included in a patch as opposed to an expansion.
  • Expansions that add soo many bugs that some are just best left uninstalled.
  • Generations is utterly pointless, its only redeeming feature was added in a free patch.
Mar044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Mar044
Member since 2006 • 1357 Posts

its a matter of taste, i like it when I want to take a break from shooters and other stressfall games.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

As an owner of The Sims 2 and all its addons, I didnt find much appeal in 3, especially since most of the addons for it are the same as Sims 2....epic milkage.

Avatar image for greensthooligan
greensthooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 greensthooligan
Member since 2008 • 426 Posts

they definatly try to milk their players.

obviously left out soo much content so you have to pay to get the full experience.

i still think its a good game, and my girlfriend loves it.

its most fun when you make an evil slob and a nice neat freak live togther.

it can be very funny at times.

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts

I've heard unless you have a great computer, The Sims 2 is the way to go.

xboxmad12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 xboxmad12
Member since 2009 • 575 Posts

I've heard unless you have a great computer, The Sims 2 is the way to go.

CaptainAhab13

Yeah My computer is great and 2 years newer than the sims 3.

dk00111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 dk00111
Member since 2007 • 3123 Posts
I tried it out a while back and it was fantastic. Being able to be in the entire neighborhood at once makes the game much more enjoyable. If you're a Sims fan, Sims 3 is the best one yet if you ask me. The only thing that I was disappointed by was that neighborhood buildings don't have interiors. If you went into a store in Sims 2, you could actually go to the stands and pick out what you wanted and go to the cashier, it was a nice touch. In Sims 3, a menu simply comes up once you reach the building and you buy what you want from there. I've got a pretty big back log, so I've been waiting until it goes on sale before getting it, but it's becoming a difficult wait.
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

Sims 3 is the best Sims there is. It doesn't quite match the content of Sims 2 + all its expansions, but i dont think its reasonable to expect it to.

As for the system hog, its not in the traditional sense. But since it loads the entire neighborhood dynamically, the game is EXTREMELY hard drive dependant. A kick ass video card paired up with a crappy 5200 RPM hard drive will make the entire game limp around in choppy framerates. Putting this game on an SSD or a RAID setup will make the game butter smooth.