How does Diablo 3: RoS work?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

So I've gotten back into Diablo 3 after they implemented the new changes and removed the AH (which was what ruined it for me).

A lot has changed. For example the difficulty levels are now chosen manually etc.

What I want to know is how Reaper of Souls work?

I have a Witch Doctor which is at level 53 and am currently playing through the game on Expert.

- To play RoS, do I need to be max level? (60?)

- If not, do I have to finish the game in expert mode or can I jump straight into the new chapter?

- What level will the new chapter be if I'm not max level?

Thanks

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

No one knows for sure..How ever im assuming you need to be 60 felix..Dont quote me on that though..Think the new lvl cap is 70, so ive heard dont quote me on that either lol..Ive recently gotten back into this myself buddy..Have a archer lvl 60

Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

So I've gotten back into Diablo 3 after they implemented the new changes and removed the AH (which was what ruined it for me).

A lot has changed. For example the difficulty levels are now chosen manually etc.

I have a Witch Doctor which is at level 53 and am currently playing through the game on Expert.

Don't think so, I think you can just load the game up at the point where you kill Diablo and jump into Act 5 after that, or you can start a game in Act 5 from the main menu.

- If not, do I have to finish the game in expert mode or can I jump straight into the new chapter?

Jump straight in, because you can lower the difficulty during game, you're not bound to 1 difficulty.

It will scale to whatever level you are. If you're still 53, it should be 53.

Thanks

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

No, you can play the new act as long as you have completed the acts for the said character prior to it.

If you reset the quest progression for your character, pretty sure you have to play all the way through again.

Everything scales in the game now.. SO playing act 1 or act 5 won't make a difference level wise.. It is all scaled to you.. Normally I would hate this design, but they have done it just right with gear progression and difficulty settings to make it enjoyable in which your character still feels powerful..

Thanks