How do I go about enabling the HDCP on my Nvidia GeForce 8500GT onto my tv?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

magoogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 magoogo
Member since 2005 • 615 Posts

I need help!!! How do i go about enabling the HDCP on my Nvidia 8500GT to my plasma 'HD Ready' television. Please I need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oblivionfan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 oblivionfan123
Member since 2005 • 67 Posts
did you vidcard come with an adaptor that goes into the back of it? http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=25535&vpn=256-P2-N741-LR&manufacture=eVGA should look like the cable in one of those pics. if it did hook it up and go into system proporties and choose your tv
jmaster299

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 jmaster299
Member since 2004 • 326 Posts

I need help!!! How do i go about enabling the HDCP on my Nvidia 8500GT to my plasma 'HD Ready' television. Please I need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

magoogo

If you have HDCP support it's built in and there is nothing you need to activate. HDCP is the copyright protection for HD and BlueRay DVDs and other HD protected content forDigital connections. What type of connection are you using? VGA does not work right with HD and BlueRay DVDs and other protected content because it is an Analog signal and doesn't support HDCP. A VGA to DVI or VGA to Component adapters do not correct this because it's still using a VGA cable and signal.I've read about DVI to Component adapters having some issues as well. To get around these issues you need a converter and that will only work if the plug on the TV is DVI, Component or HDMI. They talk aboutconverters herehttp://www.digitalconnection.com/FAQ/HDTV_4.aspIf the plug on the TV is VGA it is still only able to accept Analog content and you would need a Component, DVI or HDMI connection.Also S-Video to Component cables/adapters do not support HDCP because S-Video is not HDCP ready. If something is HDCP protected the signal must be sent through DVI, HDMI or Component plugs and cables using all HDCP compliant devices. Using a Component connection will also not play the HD content at it's fullest possible detail and resolution but you may or may not notice a difference. If you are using any other connection, cable or plug you need some type of converter. Only HDMI to DVI is backwards compatible since they are both digital signals that support HDCP.