how do i download games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AshleyJames610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AshleyJames610
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

How do i download games from this site or any other site im sick of looking and getting bugs or virus's?! if so can anyone recomend a good site to download zoo tycoon!? please and thank you

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#2 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

Well for one get an anti-virus program, i personally would recommend MalwareBytes, has not failed me yet and its free.

As for download games, you can play games through apps, the main ones are Steam, Origin and Uplay. To buy games you can buy them on the apps I have listed or go to distribution websites, the most popular ones are GOG, G2A and Gamesgate. You activate the keys of those games and they will be saved on to the account of the respective app, from there you can download your games and play them once they have finished being installed.

I hope that answered your question.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Buy the game from official sources.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

@ashleyjames610: Hi, if you're looking for advice on where to download pirate copy of games - it's not allowed on site.

If you are willing to spend some money there're plenty sites / softwares like Steam, GOG, Humblebundle, Origin, Uplay and Battlenet.

If you want to get them cheaper (but I do not recommend on doing so because of personal bad experience) you can try G2A.

Employee427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Employee427
Member since 2016 • 489 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Buy the game from official sources.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@ashleyjames610 said:

How do i download games from this site or any other site im sick of looking and getting bugs or virus's?! if so can anyone recomend a good site to download zoo tycoon!? please and thank you

For Zoo Tycoon I don't think it's available digitally so you will need to buy the retail game from the likes of Amazon, EB Games etc.

For all other games you have online services like Steam, Origin, uPlay etc.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

If you establish an Origin account and run the client app, you could get your hands on some nice games.

Right now, Mass Effect 2 is free. Origin also had other good free games in the past:

Red Alert 2

Dead Space

Battlefield 3

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Dragon Age: Origins

and more.

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/free-games/on-the-house

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

It's less than $15 on Amazon. Not available digitally anywhere I can find.

Employee427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Employee427

@jun_aka_pekto said:

If you establish an Origin account and run the client app, you could get your hands on some nice games.

Right now, Mass Effect 2 is free. Origin also had other good free games in the past:

Red Alert 2

Dead Space

Battlefield 3

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Dragon Age: Origins

and more.

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/free-games/on-the-house

Don't tell people to buy things they could get on Steam on Origin... they will regret it

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside

@employee427 said:

Don't tell people to buy things they could get on Steam on Origin... they will regret it

Why?

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

You master the ancient art of googlefu.

Employee427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Employee427

@FelipeInside said:
@employee427 said:

Why?

Because Origin is a messy and poor platform. It's full of bugs and is no where near as accessible as Steam, if you can get something on Steam there's no reason to use Origin.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FelipeInside

@employee427 said:
@FelipeInside said:
@employee427 said:

Why?

Because Origin is a messy and poor platform. It's full of bugs and is no where near as accessible as Steam, if you can get something on Steam there's no reason to use Origin.

So when was the last time you used Origin?

Employee427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Employee427

@FelipeInside said:
@employee427 said:
@FelipeInside said:
@employee427 said:

Why?

A few days ago.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FelipeInside

@employee427 said:
@FelipeInside said:
@employee427 said:
@FelipeInside said:
@employee427 said:

Why?

A few days ago.

And have you used it from the start/launch of Origin?

Employee427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Employee427

@FelipeInside: No clue, but this is irrelevant.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FelipeInside

@employee427 said:

Very relevant.

If you had experienced the initial launch of Origin and compare it to the current state with the new version then you would realize it's a good solid platform, with minimal bugs and that works quite well with games. I would even say it's more accessible than Steam since you used that word, the new UI is very easy to use and navigate.

Employee427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Employee427

@FelipeInside said:
@employee427 said:

Very relevant.

If you had experienced the initial launch of Origin and compare it to the current state with the new version then you would realize it's a good solid platform, with minimal bugs and that works quite well with games. I would even say it's more accessible than Steam since you used that word, the new UI is very easy to use and navigate.

Insane. The initial version being even worse does not excuse the fact that the current version is vastly inferior to Steam or make it somehow a good platform. The UI is abominable and disorganized, and the entire application and overlay is difficult to navigate. How you could find it superior to Steam's clean, easy experience is beyond me.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FelipeInside

@employee427 said:
@FelipeInside said:
@employee427 said:

Very relevant.

Insane. The initial version being even worse does not excuse the fact that the current version is vastly inferior to Steam or make it somehow a good platform. The UI is abominable and disorganized, and the entire application and overlay is difficult to navigate. How you could find it superior to Steam's clean, easy experience is beyond me.

I love Steam but Steam's UI is still stuck in the past. New version of Origin is clean, fast and intuitive.

UI at the end of the day is mostly personal preference but all other features of Origin work fine and fast.

You could say Steam was superior to early versions of Origin, but as it stands today they are both the same. They work as glorified launchers and stores with minimal hassle.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jun_aka_pekto

You're using Origin anyway if you buy an Origin game on Steam. Why put up with two clients? Quite frankly, I haven't seen anything wrong with Origin in a long, long time. Their freebies are certainly the best in my view.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2145 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto: No you don't. EA games on Steam do not force you to use Origin, but you can use the same key to activate the game (purchased on Steam) on your Origin account as well.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@employee427 said:
@FelipeInside said:
@employee427 said:

Very relevant.

+1 current UI is messy IMO too, but some games force you use Origin so no escape from that.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FelipeInside

@PredatorRules said:

+1 current UI is messy IMO too, but some games force you use Origin so no escape from that.

Like I said before, UI ultimately comes down to personal preference, but Origin now is a stable client/launcher/store and there's no point NOT playing/recommending some great titles just because of Origin.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GeryGo  Moderator

@FelipeInside said:
@PredatorRules said:

Like I said before, UI ultimately comes down to personal preference, but Origin now is a stable client/launcher/store and there's no point NOT playing/recommending some great titles just because of Origin.

Of course not, I have Rockstar social club or whatever UI, didn't stopped me from playing GTA5 =)

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FelipeInside

@PredatorRules said:
@FelipeInside said:
@PredatorRules said:

Of course not, I have Rockstar social club or whatever UI, didn't stopped me from playing GTA5 =)

OMG Rockstar Social Club, now that IS a crap client or whatever it tries to be, lol....

Employee427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Employee427

@FelipeInside said:
@PredatorRules said:

Now you're just putting words into my mouth

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jun_aka_pekto
@ashleyjames610 said:

Zoo Tycoon is a Microsoft game. I guess buy it at the Windows Store.

Buy the game and not be a low life, no good, scum by pirating it.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FelipeInside

@employee427 said:
@FelipeInside said:
@PredatorRules said:

Now you're just putting words into my mouth

Not my intention.

All I'm saying is that Origin is a stable client where you can buy or run games from without major issues.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Origin has a way better UI than Steam currently

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@PredatorRules said:
@FelipeInside said:
@PredatorRules said:

omg, does rockstar social club still exist? I was actually just thinking about finally picking up gta5, and that actually would be a deal breaker for me. I'll rent a ps4 copy and give it a quick runthrough at my buddy's place instead, if that's the case.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FelipeInside

@the_bi99man said:
@PredatorRules said:
@FelipeInside said:
@PredatorRules said:

omg, does rockstar social club still exist? I was actually just thinking about finally picking up gta5, and that actually would be a deal breaker for me. I'll rent a ps4 copy and give it a quick runthrough at my buddy's place instead, if that's the case.

It's not as bad as it used to be in GTA4, I had no issues with GTA5.

If I were you, I would definitely play GTA5 on the PC, it's the best version.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33  Edited By Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

Go to Steam.. Install Steam thing, start download games...

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@FelipeInside: Hmm. Maybe I still will. I'll wait even longer though, and catch it on a huge sale. It doesn't also have games for windows live, does it? Or, gfwl is completely gone now, isn't it?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FelipeInside

@the_bi99man said:

@FelipeInside: Hmm. Maybe I still will. I'll wait even longer though, and catch it on a huge sale. It doesn't also have games for windows live, does it? Or, gfwl is completely gone now, isn't it?

No GFWL.

New Rockstar client works fine.