How do I change my NAT type to open? Please help!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DIV1D3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DIV1D3
Member since 2013 • 139 Posts
Hi, every time I try to play with my friends online it says I couldn't connect to them or when they try they can't connect to me. A message comes up around the lines of "Could not connect to host." and I have noticed that I have a strict NAT. I was hoping someone could tell me how to change my NAT type to open as I would like to play my games online. Thanks if you help at all :). Cheers!
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts
from your PC login to your router and forward the necessary ports. http://portforward.com/
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
Hi, every time I try to play with my friends online it says I couldn't connect to them or when they try they can't connect to me. A message comes up around the lines of "Could not connect to host." and I have noticed that I have a strict NAT. I was hoping someone could tell me how to change my NAT type to open as I would like to play my games online. Thanks if you help at all :). Cheers!DIV1D3
Depends on the game as well. I have FIFA13 and there is absolutely no way of getting the NAT to Open inside the Game. I even tried putting my PC as a DMZ Server.
Avatar image for deactivated-58e448fd89d82
deactivated-58e448fd89d82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-58e448fd89d82
Member since 2010 • 4494 Posts

Hi, every time I try to play with my friends online it says I couldn't connect to them or when they try they can't connect to me. A message comes up around the lines of "Could not connect to host." and I have noticed that I have a strict NAT. I was hoping someone could tell me how to change my NAT type to open as I would like to play my games online. Thanks if you help at all :). Cheers!DIV1D3

If this is for COD, it will not matter.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
Login to your router and enable upnp if it's disabled
catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts

In addition to the previous suggestions, make sure your modem isn't acting as a router either. Sometimes modems from ISP have built in routing functionality turned on by default. This means both your router and modem will try to perform NAT which causes problems. Setting either the modem or router to bridge mode should fix the problem (in addition to forwarding the correct ports).

DIV1D3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DIV1D3
Member since 2013 • 139 Posts
Thanks for your help. I have however found out how to change the Nat type for Black Ops 2. If anyone else is having this problem just copy and paste the URL. Cheers! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riDlfxcKYBo