How complex is Supreme Commander?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SmokieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SmokieX
Member since 2005 • 2412 Posts

So how's the learning curve for this game? I just built a new pc about two weeks ago, so I can finally play this game! From all the gameplay videos I saw, this game looks epic and complicated at the same time. Should I play the regular vanilla Supreme Commander first, or just start out with the expansion, Forged Alliance?

ScaredWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ScaredWarrior
Member since 2003 • 1035 Posts

If your planning on playing online just start with the expansion. Still quite a few people play it. I play it just about every day online.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

it is not that complex of a game, the core concepts are quite familier, it is just the scale and amount of time that is beyond what youd expect.

it is a good game, and due to its size, you can have alot of trategies, but I would not call it extremely complex.

So you can be safe to buy it :) If you ever playied any other rts, it would not take you more then an hour to have grasped the basics, and core gameplay elements.

Shadowhawk000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Shadowhawk000
Member since 2007 • 3453 Posts
Get the Expansion if your planning on getting SC..
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#5 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Big scale, resource management is crucial. Nothing too complex really.
linkthewindow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 linkthewindow
Member since 2005 • 5654 Posts
Complex, but mostly due to the scale and resource management. If you've played any RTS previously, it's not too hard to get into.
coolmonkeykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 coolmonkeykid
Member since 2004 • 3276 Posts
Get Supreme Commander 2 its not nearly as complex and its alot of fun.
hrah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 hrah
Member since 2003 • 1375 Posts

i love this game, in fact is the game that i play the most on my pc, just learn to manage mass and energy carefully.

SmokieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SmokieX
Member since 2005 • 2412 Posts
Get Supreme Commander 2 its not nearly as complex and its alot of fun.coolmonkeykid
Cool, can't wait too play it. As for Supreme Commander 2, I heard that it isn't as good as the first one. I'll definitely check it out though once I'm done with part one.
Shadowhawk000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shadowhawk000
Member since 2007 • 3453 Posts
[QUOTE="coolmonkeykid"]Get Supreme Commander 2 its not nearly as complex and its alot of fun.SmokieX
Cool, can't wait too play it. As for Supreme Commander 2, I heard that it isn't as good as the first one. I'll definitely check it out though once I'm done with part one.

Supreme Commander 2 is horrible.. Its just another RTS now.. Sup com 1 was defined by its steep learning curve and it's complexity. All that taken away from the 2nd one..
the_mitch28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the_mitch28
Member since 2005 • 4684 Posts

[QUOTE="SmokieX"][QUOTE="coolmonkeykid"]Get Supreme Commander 2 its not nearly as complex and its alot of fun.Shadowhawk000

Supreme Commander 2 is horrible.. Its just another RTS now.. Sup com 1 was defined by its steep learning curve and it's complexity. All that taken away from the 2nd one..

Agreed the 2nd one is absolute rubbish compared to SC1, which I think will go down as an all time great within the RTS genre.