Hitman abosultion question.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by jack00 (4206 posts) -

I just started playing and was wondering if this was normal. I took out a couple guards in the mansion at the prologue mission, hid their bodies, saved at a checkpoint in the bathroom right after taking the sleeping pills. Then i got spotted when i tried to get to the head of security guy so I reloaded at the checkpoint but the guards that I took out BEFORE saving to the checkpoint were all back in place like I didn't do anything. What gives ?? I'm playing on normal btw. I mean i don't get the point of those "checkpoints" if everything goes back to the way it was before getting to the checkpoint....

#2 Posted by teardropmina (2806 posts) -

yes, it's normal. every guard you take out will appears again after you reload the game. the checkpoint only save your location.

#3 Posted by jack00 (4206 posts) -
Ok... am I the only one who thinks that's stupid ?
#4 Posted by nutcrackr (13029 posts) -
it's stupid and annoying as hell. There really isn't a lot of point for some of the checkpoints to exist because of this problem.
#5 Posted by Masculus (2878 posts) -

The game has some serious design oversights. It makes you wonder wtf were they thinking. The save system sucks, the disguise system also sucks, far too much randomness on npc reaction.

#6 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
I'd have to agree with you guys. I liked the game when I played it on normal, but now i"m playing it on Professional Hard, and the disguise system has some serious issues.
#7 Posted by biggest_loser (24273 posts) -

As far as I know, there's like one person on this board who doesn't think its an issue. He's wrong. The game has huge design holes like that.

#8 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

Unfortunately that is normal. It's a really stupid oversight that screws with your strategies, but at least they don't reset your objectives or disguises.

#9 Posted by mAArdman (1612 posts) -

Hitman absolution definitely has some very annoying issues regarding the disguises and the checkpoints, and a post on the official forums by a mod said that the devs were pretty much done with patching and supporting the game.

#10 Posted by jack00 (4206 posts) -
Great, wish I knew that before shedding 40$ on the stupid game...
#11 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (5121 posts) -

Sounds like Far Cry 2. Respawning guard posts may as well not have a save point at all...

#12 Posted by cdragon_88 (1547 posts) -

Yea its annoying as hell. Not a gamebreaker but annoying as hell. Would of prefer the save anywhere anytime system such as Deus Ex:HR. Makes the stealth more fun.

#13 Posted by teardropmina (2806 posts) -

Sounds like Far Cry 2. Respawning guard posts may as well not have a save point at all...

Starshine_M2A2

it's different, and not as bad. more often than not you don't need those checkpoints.

#14 Posted by Lost-to-Apathy (459 posts) -
Ok... am I the only one who thinks that's stupid ?jack00
I would hope that everyone thinks it's stupid. It's one of my biggest gripes with the game.
#15 Posted by Lost-to-Apathy (459 posts) -

Yea its annoying as hell. Not a gamebreaker but annoying as hell. Would of prefer the save anywhere anytime system such as Deus Ex:HR. Makes the stealth more fun.

cdragon_88
Absolution would be one of the easiest games ever if it had quick saves. Assuming you're the type of player who likes to abuse quick saves, of course.
#16 Posted by Planeforger (17436 posts) -

As far as I know, there's like one person on this board who doesn't think its an issue. He's wrong. The game has huge design holes like that.biggest_loser

I don't think it's an issue. :P

Clarification: It's not an issue at all on the higher difficulty settings. It's a series known for having a very harsh save system, typically denying any saving at all on the hardest difficulties, so...beating a mission in a single playthrough is just something that many series veterans are used to.

Besides, if you're going for the Silent Assassin ratings, you're not supposed to be knocking guys out in the first place!

But sure, if you're just screwing around or playing for fun/the story/whatever, then I agree that the resetting checkpoints would be a nightmare.

#18 Posted by fend_oblivion (6732 posts) -
Damn, there goes all chance that I'd bother with Hitman Absolution. Seriously, what were the devs thinking with glaring faults like that?
#19 Posted by cdragon_88 (1547 posts) -

[QUOTE="cdragon_88"]

Lost-to-Apathy

Absolution would be one of the easiest games ever if it had quick saves. Assuming you're the type of player who likes to abuse quick saves, of course.

Or more fun for those who like to experiment different ways to approach enemies and/or paths.

#20 Posted by jack00 (4206 posts) -
I mean didn't they play their game while developping it ? Nobody stood up and said "hey guys, you know how when you reload from a checkpoint every mob will respawn where they were even tho you neutralized them and therefore fking up your strat if you messed up once and have to reload ? It's pretty fking stupid, we should change that". Like, nobody in the office, game testers/devs, no one ????
#21 Posted by Deadpool-n (489 posts) -

Yeah it is a strange save system.

#22 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (5121 posts) -

[QUOTE="Starshine_M2A2"]

teardropmina

it's different, and not as bad. more often than not you don't need those checkpoints.

I haven't played the game yet but if it gives you a choice of difficulty, I'd say it depends on your skill.