Help with Mass Effect 2 hacking data pads

This topic is locked from further discussion.

toad1956

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 toad1956
Member since 2004 • 1127 Posts
How do you select the right passage in the data pads? Playing the PC game.
GuitarPAaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GuitarPAaron
Member since 2006 • 1368 Posts

You gotta be fast. I dont like the me2 hacking. I loved me1's frogger type hacking

Avatar image for Tezcatlipoca666
Tezcatlipoca666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Tezcatlipoca666
Member since 2006 • 7241 Posts

Honestly? The hacking and bypassing in ME2 is so easy that it was pointless. Anyway...

OP, just observe and match the patterns and avoid the red quares. There is nothing more to it ;)

saruman354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 saruman354
Member since 2004 • 10776 Posts
A friend of mine played through but he's actually color blind so he always struggled with the datapad. I felt really bad when he explained that he was having a hard time with it and I said, "Oh it's easy you just match the colors...oh...Nevermind." Awkward!
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
You use WASD keys to choose the data points, no?
KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts

tbh just match the string length of the text of the first 3 lines.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

You use WASD keys to choose the data points, no?the_ChEeSe_mAn2

i have it hotkeyed to the arrow keys via key config.. they way i dont goof if up (god i miss the days when those had a purpose in shooters)

carlosjuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 carlosjuero
Member since 2008 • 1254 Posts
A friend of mine played through but he's actually color blind so he always struggled with the datapad. I felt really bad when he explained that he was having a hard time with it and I said, "Oh it's easy you just match the colors...oh...Nevermind." Awkward!saruman354
That is the problem I have with the hacking mini game - I am partially color blind and it can be difficult for me to discern which code block is the right one :/ I much prefer ME 1's hacking system - there was a single mini game instead of 2 and you could always override with Omni-Gel
Drazule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Drazule
Member since 2007 • 8693 Posts

Space Bar is the default.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ionusX

[QUOTE="saruman354"]A friend of mine played through but he's actually color blind so he always struggled with the datapad. I felt really bad when he explained that he was having a hard time with it and I said, "Oh it's easy you just match the colors...oh...Nevermind." Awkward!carlosjuero
That is the problem I have with the hacking mini game - I am partially color blind and it can be difficult for me to discern which code block is the right one :/ I much prefer ME 1's hacking system - there was a single mini game instead of 2 and you could always override with Omni-Gel

never play enter the matrix then kk

on a mroe serious note i could NEEVR figure out ME1's hacking system.. i much more prefered me2's

Avatar image for Tezcatlipoca666
Tezcatlipoca666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Tezcatlipoca666
Member since 2006 • 7241 Posts

[QUOTE="carlosjuero"][QUOTE="saruman354"]A friend of mine played through but he's actually color blind so he always struggled with the datapad. I felt really bad when he explained that he was having a hard time with it and I said, "Oh it's easy you just match the colors...oh...Nevermind." Awkward!ionusX

on a mroe serious note i could NEEVR figure out ME1's hacking system.. i much more prefered me2's

It wasn't so bad. But since omni-gel was available en masse there was no point :lol:

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ionusX

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="carlosjuero"] That is the problem I have with the hacking mini game - I am partially color blind and it can be difficult for me to discern which code block is the right one :/ I much prefer ME 1's hacking system - there was a single mini game instead of 2 and you could always override with Omni-GelTezcatlipoca666

It wasn't so bad. But since omni-gel was available en masse there was no point :lol:

oh like auto-hacks in bioshock :P

saruman354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 saruman354
Member since 2004 • 10776 Posts

[QUOTE="Tezcatlipoca666"]

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

ionusX

oh like auto-hacks in bioshock :P

ME1's hacking was a lot more difficult than ME2's, but yeah omni gel made it a joke. By the end of the game I had racked up literally thousands of omni gel from old equipment I had to get rid of during missions so I could get new loot. The inventory limit was stupid.