Help with gaming,video editing cheap PC

#1 Posted by VanDammFan (4781 posts) -

Hey,im buying from newegg and looking to get the best bang for the buck in a desktop pc.Would like to be able to do gaming on decent settings and do video editing up to 4k without horrible wait times. Trying to keep price under 1000$ PREBUILT ...I dont care to build my pcs anymore..So thanks for any help..

#2 Posted by VanDammFan (4781 posts) -

good idea guys..ill go for that..thanks so much for all the information and help. This place is amazing. Im floored. Im going to shout from the rooftops of the greatness of these forums!!! BLESS YOU ALL!!

#3 Posted by Random_Matt (4319 posts) -

You gone mad son?

#4 Posted by pyro1245 (5246 posts) -

I don't do any video editing personally, but for a $1000 budget I might do something like:

• Ryzen 2700X - 8 core, 16 thread monster for only ~$230
  • A B450 Motherboard with 4 RAM slots and whatever other features you want.
  • I'm not sure how powerful a GPU video editing requires. A GTX 1660 will do good 1080p gaming, which will scale well on a 4K monitor. Do some research and adjust accordingly.
  • You'll probably want at least 32GB of the fastest memory you can reasonably afford.
  • At least a 80+ Gold PSU. Probably about ~500W depending on the GPU.
  • Fast fast storage for that timeline scrubbing. 2 NVME drives and put them in RAID0. Use this as your working storage and back up your stuff somewhere else (another HDD, cloud, personal server, bury flash drives in your backyard)
  • Whatever case you like, maybe some extra case fans

Here's an example I threw together. Just an example though. Definitely read reviews and double-check compatibility.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wgCWYT

And... aw.... I sorta glanced over the 'PREBUILT' part, didn't I.....

#5 Posted by VanDammFan (4781 posts) -

@pyro1245: yeah...ummm... prefer to NOT build..

#6 Posted by VanDammFan (4781 posts) -

@Random_Matt yes..actually I am lol

#7 Posted by pyro1245 (5246 posts) -

@VanDammFan said:

@pyro1245: yeah...ummm... prefer to NOT build..

Well I still posted it because I think the components make sense.

You should be able to take it to a system builder and say 'Give me something like this'.

I don't know much about the different pre-built vendors, but I know Linus Tech Tips did a series where they bought pre-built computers from 4 different vendors and reviewed each experience.

#8 Edited by 04dcarraher (23245 posts) -

Only one prebuilt on newegg that would fit the price point

LINK