help with controller on mw2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gtnos277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gtnos277
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
hello, i am wanting to use a controller to play mw2. im used to playing it on ps3 but recently bought it on pc to play in other places on laptop besides home. needless to say, im spoiled to controller and cant do very well with keyboard and mouse. i bought a gamepad (Ps3 style) from gamestop. i am currently using Joytokey to utilize controller. it works, but not like playing on the ps3. is it at all possible to get a controller to work with pc mw2 that will have same response and features (like auto aim) as a ps3 controller? im tired of getting my a$$ handed to me on multiplayer because the analog sticks just arent fast and accurate enough to target. i find myself constantly reaching for the built in mouse pad on my laptop to aim. i have heard that an adapter and xbox 360 controller will work. if so, how do i do that and will it be closer to a console game experience? thanks in advance for any help you can give.
nd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nd5000
Member since 2010 • 97 Posts

I'm sorry to tell you this but if you want to play mw2 with controller and the aim assist that comes with it, you will have to stick to console. If you want to play and have a good time on pc you will need to practice m/kb. If one were in a 1 vs 1 with any kb/m user and one had a controller I have doubts that that person would even get one kill ever. (Unless you really had the drop on them and they were afk maybe.)

Dennislol123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dennislol123
Member since 2010 • 184 Posts

How people can openly admit to using auto aim and not feeling embarrased is something I'll never understand

gtnos277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gtnos277

How people can openly admit to using auto aim and not feeling embarrased is something I'll never understand

Dennislol123
lol, i guess i really suck then, b/c its a challenge for me still with auto aim. hey man, if you beat me on mw2 multi and your not using auto aim, you can feel that much better about yourself. : ) im not embarrassed.
gtnos277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gtnos277

I'm sorry to tell you this but if you want to play mw2 with controller and the aim assist that comes with it, you will have to stick to console. If you want to play and have a good time on pc you will need to practice m/kb. If one were in a 1 vs 1 with any kb/m user and one had a controller I have doubts that that person would even get one kill ever. (Unless you really had the drop on them and they were afk maybe.)

nd5000
@#$%!!! not what i wanted to hear. the prob i have is, did i mention this laptop is mounted in a vehicle. in the center by dash in fact. really makes using keyboard and mouse hard. (no, im not playing and driving) i just like to blow off some steam on breaks when im parked somewhere. my truck is my office.
gtnos277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gtnos277
would the xbox 360 controller be any better at all than what i have?
nd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nd5000

The 360 controller will function the same, you won't get that 'snap to target' when you pull the left trigger like on consoles. Thats built into the console version and does not exist on the pc version.

I can see in your position using the would be convienient, in the car and all. Maybe get a trackball and use keyboard for movement? Maybe get a little lcd screen and install your xbox in the backseat? Bumping around in the car may not be good for the disc drive, and this would be more expensive.

I dunno maybe you could put a piece of sanded plywood under your notebook and have enough room for a mousepad sticking out on the right? I dunno if this would work for you if you have an aversion to m/kb.

gtnos277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gtnos277
is it true that black ops supports a controller? maybe that would run better. i can live without auto aim if the controller would interface better. with the current setup i cant get the cross hairs to line up where i need them with the joysticks. i end up having to reach for the mouse, and by that time, im already toasted. ive tried different configurations with joytokey, currently have all values at +32 and -32, and that seems to be about as good as it will get. maybe its time i upgraded to black ops if it has controller support. i sure like mw2 though....
nd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nd5000

I am not sure about that one, I dont own Black Ops.