HELP searching for pc games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

me_fat_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 me_fat_guy
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hello,

I'd like to know some of the best sandbox games you've played for the PC. Aside from GTA and its clones. Sorry but sandbox is term for a game which you can do whatever you like right? Like in GTA San Andreas where you expand your territory first before doing the last mission. So far, the best game I've played is Mount and Blade. Medieval themed, Hack n' Slash, capturing castles, and with a mod, captre enemy lords and receive money for their ransom. Please guys, help me out.

furionpride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 furionpride
Member since 2005 • 365 Posts
Dark Star One is fun if you like spaceship games. Same with Freelancer. Oblivion is a great medieval game (I'm sure you've heard of that one). Mafia is an old game (GTA clone, lol) but still fun. But Farcry 2 is supposed to be an open-world game. Can't wait 'till that comes out. That's all I can think of.
me_fat_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 me_fat_guy

Hello,

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I'll try to search for that on the Internet and download the demo if available. :)

detsuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 detsuo
Member since 2005 • 185 Posts
Freelancer, x2 , x3, oblivion, ev nova, starflight (Genesis) um. thats all i can think of off the top of my head
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
Wow a Mount and Blade fan. I thought I was alone.
me_fat_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 me_fat_guy

Wow a Mount and Blade fan. I thought I was alone.Wasdie

Hello,

Greetings fellow Swadian!... eer are you?... lol... I love the action while on horseback. I hope the upcoming release is not a disappointment.

Thank you guys for the suggestion. Really. Keep em coming. :)

crozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 crozon
Member since 2003 • 1180 Posts
try out stalker
fima1fim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 fima1fim
Member since 2008 • 264 Posts
get S.T.A.L.k.E.R. nice game and has its own scary places ow and here is a hint if you will buy the game : Make a headshot always it kills faster monsters and soldiers.
BladeMaster84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BladeMaster84
Member since 2008 • 533 Posts
Morrowind, Oblivion, and Daggerfall-- My free favorite sandbox RPGs.
me_fat_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 me_fat_guy

Hello,

Thanks you guys for your replies. :) I didn't know there were so many games like these out there. Please keep em coming.

Avatar image for deactivated-61d84d87dcc8a
deactivated-61d84d87dcc8a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 deactivated-61d84d87dcc8a
Member since 2004 • 402 Posts

do the turn based RTSs count? like the imperial campaign in Rome:TW. your goal is to take over Rome basically lol, but you can do it in whatever manner you wish. For example, I was playing last month as Julii (start north of current Italy) but i took a navy filled with a huge army all the way to Egypt because they were advancing too fast (i thought i'd give them a visit). needless to say, there were too many riots going on after i took their cities (culture clas/ distance to capital were major factors) so i had to pull back... yeah so it's one of those games you can have long conversations with :P. and i can go on to tell you how i dealt with the britons, but i'll save you some reading...

me_fat_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 me_fat_guy

Hello,

Yes, I have played Rome Total War. My friend and I swapped games and this was included. I had fun with ROME TW. I like very much their costumes. They look like red army ants. I even tried to recreate the scenes from the movie Gladiator. lol! You should try the game Gangland. Now that is some hardcore gangbangin' fun. This is an RTS (I think) game. You play as a leader of a gang. Then you take over business' to profit from them. If somebody else took over that business, then you can simply muscle your way (liqour store, apartments, Amoo store, etc.). Oh, and you get to have all the ammo you want in this game. If you own two Ammo store, then you're all set. You should give that one a try. :)

Any kind of sandbox pc game will do fellas. Please, more suggestions. I hope i'm not too demanding.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

There is another Gangland style game called Escape From Paradise City.

Its a hybrid RPG, RTS that has you trying to gain control of the city against various gangs.

grantcorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#14 grantcorp
Member since 2004 • 67 Posts

I am a big fan of this genre too. Missing from the list are Boiling Point: Road to Hell and its upcoming sequel White Gold: War in Paradise, where you take on the role of a mercenary in a banana republic. I haven't tried out Just Cause yet so I am not sure if it fits the genre or not. Then there's the old Pirates of the Caribbean which I didn't like that much due to its console-style interface, but to each their own.