HELP me tune my TV audio please!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fiendless7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 fiendless7
Member since 2004 • 572 Posts

So I have a new Samsung and I live in an apartment so I cant have it too loud.

The problem is the boom is REALLY loud, and the voices are so low I cant hear them unless i blast it, making the music/gun shots/explosions even louder and ear busting.

Theres a section to tune my equalizer and ive been messing with it but I cant really get it.

It has an option for 100Hz, 300Hz, 1KHz, 3KHz, and 10KHz. Where I can turn all of them from 1 to 10, does anyone have any tips on what I should set each one to fix my problem I previously stated?

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts
There will usually be an option for normalization or some other similar option. The problem isn't the EQ, but the dynamic range, which is the difference between the loudest sounds and quietest. Often DVD's and Bluray's are sometimes not mixed properly for home use so the original theatre dynamic range is in tact, so explosions blow down the doors and vocals are quieter so it sounds more realistic, because in a theatre volume isn't a problem. Normalization compresses everything so that the quietest sounds are more even with the loudest sounds, so the voices will no longer be quiet and explosions won't be as loud. As to what exactly the option is called on your TV/sound system I don't know, but there should be an option available, maybe it's called automatic sound levelling or just normalization it depends, but they all do a similar job. Messing with EQ won't really do much, the vocals will still be buried but maybe with more treble.
fiendless7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 fiendless7
Member since 2004 • 572 Posts

that would make sense and explain why it hasnt really worked so far. thanks for the information!