Help me remember this old game's name?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by LeeKuper (28 posts) -
Hello, I remember playing a naval game where you can play as different units. If I am correct you can play as a boat, submarine, and a stationary naval base (Has turrets which you can control them, I think.) I believe this game is from the mid-early 2000s, your objective is to shoot down enemy planes, bombers, etc. Graphics were kinda good aswell. I remember playing the demo version of the game, that's the only version I had. You can play it until you reach the 2nd mission, when you reach the 2nd mission you have to enter some kind of serial code or buy the full game. Also, I remember at the beginning of the 2nd mission there were new planes and the background was arctic, the first mission was just ocean if I remember it correctly. Also, the game is 2D and for the PC. Any ideas?
#2 Posted by LeeKuper (28 posts) -
BUMP.
#4 Posted by LeeKuper (28 posts) -
I wonder if anyone ever played the game I'm looking for a long time, I played it first time when i was about 12 years old ( I am 32 now ehm ehm.... ) anyway first stage/round or level of this game was that a guy is walking like in reel games (screen moving backwards) and on the way he beats or get beaten by people which comes in his way, at the end of first stage he must beat a fat guy through punches and kicks, and next stage guy is on bike jumping from oil drums , other bikers etc... how much i remember the cheat of 2nd stage was keep the bike on the right corner and hold the jump button ... that's all i remember about this game nothing else , one thing just came by my mind that on the last stage of this game is on a sports boat or something like that which can fire above to hit the enemiesabbajee
Hey, make your own topic -_-
#5 Posted by AcidThunder (2332 posts) -

that not much to go on but check these out

Dangerous Waters
Naval Ops: Commander
Naval Ops: Warship Gunner

also was the game only about naval battles or did it also have some city building-management or exploration based gameplay?

#6 Posted by LeeKuper (28 posts) -

that not much to go on but check these out

Dangerous Waters
Naval Ops: Commander
Naval Ops: Warship Gunner

also was the game only about naval battles or did it also have some city building-management or exploration based gameplay?

AcidThunder
From what I remember it focused on naval-to-air battles. Thanks for suggesting.
#7 Posted by Avenger1324 (16344 posts) -
Silent Service? I think that was primarily submarines though, and also possibly a decade too early showing my age :P That had a form of copy protection where you had to identify the exact class of boat or submarine based on a silhouette - get it wrong and you started about a real time hour away from your enemy. If it's naval and air could it be Battlestations Midway (probably too recent) but maybe there were previous games in the series?
#8 Posted by LeeKuper (28 posts) -
[QUOTE="Avenger1324"]Silent Service? I think that was primarily submarines though, and also possibly a decade too early showing my age :P That had a form of copy protection where you had to identify the exact class of boat or submarine based on a silhouette - get it wrong and you started about a real time hour away from your enemy. If it's naval and air could it be Battlestations Midway (probably too recent) but maybe there were previous games in the series?

Nope. It ain't any of these, as I said it's 2D, let's make it easier: I've asked about this games name on many forums, on 1 forum post it was very detailed and it was going like this: * Background: Played it about 5 or 7 years ago (?), I remember this game because it had very fascinating graphics and gameplay. * System: Windows XP * Year: Early-Mid 2000s (?) * Perspective: 2D * Art style: From what I remember, it had nice water effects, the explosions were great, the crashing planes... * Environment: First off, I only had the demo version. The first level was oceanic , the enemies were planes, bombers, fighters etc. The second level was arctic. But I couldn't see all of it because it paused me after 5 second of the beginning telling me to buy/enter a key code for the game. * Mood: The game was rich in mood of warfare, however I remember only part of it. * Genre: Naval action * Gameplay: You could select 3 different unit types: Stationary naval base with turrets, submarine (?), and a war boat. I remember it had some quite of a roman number HUD to the left of the screen telling you the weapon's level or something else. In addition, I believe there was another game type instead of campaign. Not quite sure what it was. Thanks for the reply though.
#9 Posted by AcidThunder (2332 posts) -

these are all i could find 

BattleFleet - Pacific War
BattleFleet 1939 

also check this page - BattleFleet

#11 Posted by LeeKuper (28 posts) -

these are all i could find 

BattleFleet - Pacific War
BattleFleet 1939 

also check this page - BattleFleet

AcidThunder
Nope. Not any of these, thanks for suggesting though