Help me find an older game!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

L-Mor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 L-Mor
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hello,

I recently got into this nostalgic mood so I am re-playing some of my old favourites. There is this game tho that I can't remember it's title so I hope you guys can help me.

It's a few years old - released maybe around 2002 (+/- a year or so). The game was a strategic 3rd-person shooter where you controlled a few people at a time - somewhat similar to Commandos series, or even Hidden & Dangerous games (I don't think there was a first person view tho). Sadly I can't remember much details, I do know there was some sort of stat improvements as you were playing with your "squad" - say a sniper was shooting with rifle and as missions went by the precision became better etc... I also remember a particular mission where your objective was to capture some sort of human-animal (think it was dead) from a facility located to the north and then escape.

And that's pretty much all I can remember. I really hope someone can remember the name of the game.

Thanks!

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts
Alien Versus Predator 2?
L-Mor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 L-Mor

Alien Versus Predator 2?clembo1990

It wasn't a FPS. It was very similar to Commandos or HD2. You had a group of people (about 3 or 4) and you moved them around from 3rd-person perspective. You also had some sort of inventory system so each of the soldiers could be equiped differently.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58543 Posts

Silent Storm? Sounds kinda like it, it was WWII themed and turn-based.

If that wasnt it, you might want to check it out.

Cdscottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Cdscottie
Member since 2004 • 1872 Posts
Jagged Alliance?
regnumekal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 regnumekal
Member since 2006 • 122 Posts
Armed and Dangerous? Giants: Citizen Kabuto maybe? With so little details it's hard to guess...
L-Mor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 L-Mor

Thanks for replies.

I looked at these games and unfortunately it isn't any of those. It wasn't turn based but real-time. And you moved around soldiers much like one would do in Commandos games. Also the storyline wasn't about WW2 or WW1... More like modern warfare (not futuristic tho). Also the scenes were pretty believable, meaning that you were fighting normal enemy soldiers and rebels in normal environment (no monsters or any other creatures). Also the name of the game might have been something with "shadow" in it - but I could be wrong.

I know it's not a lot, since many games could fit in this description. I wish I could remember more.

Pvt_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Pvt_Murphy
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts

Can you tell use roughly which universe it took place in? Fantasy? ww2? Modern combat? Sci-Fi on planets? Sci-Fi in stations?

Was it 3D or 2D?

Ichigo04291982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ichigo04291982
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Diablo
fatshodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fatshodan
Member since 2008 • 2886 Posts
The original Ghost Recon?
L-Mor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 L-Mor

Can you tell use roughly which universe it took place in? Fantasy? ww2? Modern combat? Sci-Fi on planets? Sci-Fi in stations?

Was it 3D or 2D?

Pvt_Murphy

It was 3D, graphics were very similar to something like Commandos 3: Destination Berlin (maybe a bit worse, but not by a lot) - so was the character movement. You selected your team with mouse and moved them around around much like in any strategy game.

It took place in realistic universe. Maybe around 1970-1980-1990-2000. Missions were all outdoors - grass, some forests, roads, there were bridges and rivers etc... I remember there was a lookout tower in one mission and I could order sniper to climb on it and shot people from there. You didn't have any vehicles only like 4 soldiers on foot each with different stats and inventory items and you could bring them to next mission. If you ran out of ammo you could just steal weapons and ammo from dead enemies. Also the inventory space was pretty limited so you couldn't carry around too much stuff.

L-Mor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 L-Mor

The original Ghost Recon?fatshodan

You couldn't move soldiers around in first person view.

Drosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Drosa
Member since 2004 • 3136 Posts
What you are describing reminds me of a few games. Have a look at Fallout: Tactics, Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive, Desperados 2: Cooper's Revenge, Chicago 1930, and Robin Hood: Legend of Sherwood.
G4m3rF0rL1f3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 G4m3rF0rL1f3

shadow company or shadow conpiracy but that might be wrong ... my friend played this game ... he doesnt have it anymore .... but i remember and im pretty sure its the one your talking about.and the name did begin with shadow.

wslacker2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wslacker2
Member since 2007 • 1192 Posts
Sniper Elite?
Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Locke562
Member since 2004 • 7673 Posts
I'm going to guess Full Spectrum Warrior.
fatshodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fatshodan
Member since 2008 • 2886 Posts

Have a look at Fallout: Tactics,.Drosa

Apart from the setting (which might be a mistake on L-Mor's part, Fallout Tactics sounds spot on. I can't think of any other game it could be.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Odium?